Ultra Chainring Swap?

I'd love to find one in steel for that price!.. All the aftermarket chainrings I'm finding are aluminum

50mi on it now and there are no blemishes as well as it being quiet.. so I'd guess it's machined correctly.
Durability... We'll have to wait and see about that.
Why not do similarly and give one a try until you figure out exactly what it is you want to do and in turn give yourself more time to track down the golden chainring.

Sure it does!
Says 95 available.

Screenshot_20240919_115555_Chrome.jpg

But it'll cost you an extra $1.49! 🤣😂🤣

Can't find the order right now, must not be in the system yet. Dang, I forgot to check that this chainring is for 9 speed. Oh well, if it isn't, no great loss

You're getting first time user pricing...not valid for an Aliexpress repeat whore as myself.
No worries on 9spd compatibility

I ended up dropping 2 teeth and put a 44t on and it's a little better at allowing me to participate and get some exercise. Still about a 2 gear difference on the Rohloff compared to the stock 40t and still can't spin out in gear 14.

The 46t held up well for the 250mi used and I may throw it back on next summer if my fitness level improves. I'll update on the 44t when it breaks the 1k mi mark... but I think these rings are a steal.
PXL_20241003_153109290~2.jpg

I left the 46 guard on with the 44t chainring as it's only recessed about 3/8"

PXL_20241003_181916562~2.jpg

... but I think these rings are a steal.

I remember trying to ship a strut mount from my parts car to New Zealand and found out that I wasn't allowed to ship steel to New Zealand.
I took it to the post office and asked about it, and said it's mostly magnesium alloy, but the brackets on the end are steel.

She looked it up and said that your not allowed to ship wooden products either.
I said that makes sense, you don't want to ship any bugs, but what's wrong with steel if any other metal is fine?

She finally just shipped it for me because it just didn't make sense.
I shipped by boat because it was the cheapest, then Covid hit during the journey and it took two months to get to New Zealand.

I was thinking maybe the iron in the steel could mess with the boats compass and the mail would get lost at sea ?? 😂 I hoped they had a sextant and a pocket watch in case they get Really lost?

Two weeks later I read through the regulations for the umpteenth time and noticed that I'm not allowed to ship "steal" to NewZealand,..
Steel is fine to ship.

So,..
I can mail one of your chain rings to New Zealand.
If a magnet sticks to it, I'll need to check it for prints as well. 😂

I remember trying to ship a strut mount from my parts car to New Zealand and found out that I wasn't allowed to ship steel to New Zealand.
I took it to the post office and asked about it, and said it's mostly magnesium alloy, but the brackets on the end are steel.

She looked it up and said that your not allowed to ship wooden products either.
I said that makes sense, you don't want to ship any bugs, but what's wrong with steel if any other metal is fine?

She finally just shipped it for me because it just didn't make sense.
I shipped by boat because it was the cheapest, then Covid hit during the journey and it took two months to get to New Zealand.

I was thinking maybe the iron in the steel could mess with the boats compass and the mail would get lost at sea ?? 😂 I hoped they had a sextant and a pocket watch in case they get Really lost?

Two weeks later I read through the regulations for the umpteenth time and noticed that I'm not allowed to ship "steal" to NewZealand,..
Steel is fine to ship.

So,..
I can mail one of your chain rings to New Zealand.
If a magnet sticks to it, I'll need to check it for prints as well. 😂
Ok... But these are definitely Aluminum... AL 7075 T6
SteAl was in reference to the dirt cheap price of <$10 delivered.

I've been in touch w/ greenbikekit and they are going to get me a compatible 48 tooth chainring to replace the 44 tooth. With it I shouldn't have to use 9th gear any longer with it's few teeth prone to stripping w/ prolonged use. The chainrings from aliexpress are junk

I was there for a few weeks back in I believe 2008... They let me in with my Stihl power tools

I just checked with Canada Post again and they fixed their spelling.

Iron and steel is still on the prohibited list.

I think they mean an actual shipment of steel, like ingots or something?

Screenshot_20241003-222037_Gallery.jpg

And No Shipping of PCB rubber teats.
😂

Batteries and used bicycles have restrictions.

Screenshot_20241003-222349_DuckDuckGo.jpg

That's odd.. I just sent a large package of narcotics last week with no issues

I've ordered Hundreds of things on AliExpress and the Only thing that ever got stopped and checked by Canada Customs was my replacement carbon filter for my RO water filter.

Screenshot_20241003-232049_AliExpress.jpg

The perfect container for shipping drugs.
The activated carbon absorbs VOC's so I bet it sucks up radar too ??

They didn't open it up, so they must have beamed it with X-rays.
I might be drinking radioactive water now?
My Flux capacitor has been acting up too.

Now I need to buy a Geiger counter !!

I feel sick 🤮 😂

Last edited:
I've been in touch w/ greenbikekit and they are going to get me a compatible 48 tooth chainring to replace the 44 tooth. With it I shouldn't have to use 9th gear any longer with it's few teeth prone to stripping w/ prolonged use. The chainrings from aliexpress are junk
Good for you... Let us see what they send you. Is it steel or a steal? 🙃
The Ali one is just as quiet as the stock and is machined perfectly showing no sign of wear in the brief 250mi test.. so I don't know how you made that assessment.
Happy to also know your 9th gear can now live on in perpetuity 👍

Back