Turbo Vado 710Wh Battery ?

Ron in MO

Region
USA
I'm sure this question has come up before, but does anyone know where I can get a second 710Wh battery for my 2022 Turbo Vado 5.0? I've seen discussions about the inflated price, but I can't find anyone stating where you can buy one. Even Specialized doesn't show them one their website. Help please!

May I ask why you're wanting a 2nd battery? A 700wh battery with a quality brand motor (is spec still using brose in these?) Will give you 50 to 70 miles of riding at minimum. I'm a big dude, have a BH bikes mtb with 700wh brose and would be hard pressed too get less than 50 miles on a full charge.

May I ask why you're wanting a 2nd battery? A 700wh battery with a quality brand motor (is spec still using brose in these?) Will give you 50 to 70 miles of riding at minimum. I'm a big dude, have a BH bikes mtb with 700wh brose and would be hard pressed too get less than 50 miles on a full charge.
Yes, it's a very good battery to come stock on my bike. It's just that my brother and I will be taking long rides (over a hundred miles, over several days) that require camping and we don't always have electric to charge the main battery, so it's important to have a second if we want to continue using the assist capabilities.

On my 5.0 Vado I get 40-45 per battery , I bought a 2nd battery from dealer I bought the bike from. Only took a few days and a lot of cash. My brother will shortly own this as bike he tested it yesterday and liked it . We did 65 miles and he had 21% left on the 1st battery! He is not a regular rider, weighs at least 30 lbs less then me I am 210 with water bag and we went slower than I do by myself. The firmware was upgraded/replaced corrupted firmware that day so going to try myself riding again for comparison , too large a difference not be intrigued. He and my wife have always gotten more range on the same bikes but not this different

I just checked, my battery info is incorrect! He used 30% of the 2nd battery in addition to 80 % of the 1st. Maybe 50-55 per battery??

Last edited:
I'm hoping to get about 60 miles per battery. Riding 26 miles this morning, I used almost 40% of the fully charged battery. Guess I'll be checking with my dealership tomorrow to see if they can order the battery. I was hoping to find an internet business that would sell the Specialized batteries cheaper. I ordered a 604 Wh battery for the Vado/Como but when it came it didn't match my battery, so it goes back and my search continues for an exact replacement.

Vado and Tero 710 Wh battery is sku 98921-5634. Refer to https://support.specialized.com/turbovado/en/service-maintenance/replacement-parts

Tero replacement part SKU is the same. Google 98921-5634 doesn't turn up any sources to buy these tho.

Apparently Levo/Kenevo use a different battery case (maybe due to additional protection required). This one can be found online, eg https://www.performancebike.com/spe...ck-black-m2-series-700-wh-98919-5612/p1398316 as well as others. The spec site uses SKU 98919-5614 and says it includes the rock guard.

Vado and Tero 710 Wh battery is sku 98921-5634. Refer to https://support.specialized.com/turbovado/en/service-maintenance/replacement-parts

Tero replacement part SKU is the same. Google 98921-5634 doesn't turn up any sources to buy these tho.

Apparently Levo/Kenevo use a different battery case (maybe due to additional protection required). This one can be found online, eg https://www.performancebike.com/spe...ck-black-m2-series-700-wh-98919-5612/p1398316 as well as others. The spec site uses SKU 98919-5614 and says it includes the rock guard.
Thanks. This will help when I go to my dealership tomorrow. Funny though that no one advertises this battery as available for purchase direct to the consumer.

Thanks. This will help when I go to my dealership tomorrow. Funny though that no one advertises this battery as available for purchase direct to the consumer.
I think most of these batteries go to newly built Vados, Comos and Teros. Also, shipping of Li-Ion batteries is not easy due to regulations. The dealer has the insight in the corporate inventory database. And not everything Specialized makes is available online. Try to find a thru-axle for your bike on the Specialized website. I doubt you'd find it.

I think most of these batteries go to newly built Vados, Comos and Teros. Also, shipping of Li-Ion batteries is not easy due to regulations. The dealer has the insight in the corporate inventory database. And not everything Specialized makes is available online. Try to find a thru-axle for your bike on the Specialized website. I doubt you'd find it.
Stefan , Speaking of thru-axles do you know if there are Pinhead locks for 2022 Turbo Vado ?
I'm going to try and check with Pinhead tmrw .
Looking at specs doesn't look like the numbers are matching up .
I did find HexLox is offering some options and I will contact them for details .
I'm looking just for the wheels .
https://hexlox.com/search?type=product&q=specialized*

Stefan , Speaking of thru-axles do you know if there are Pinhead locks for 2022 Turbo Vado ?
I'm going to try and check with Pinhead tmrw .
Looking at specs doesn't look like the numbers are matching up .
I did find HexLox is offering some options and I will contact them for details .
I'm looking just for the wheels .
https://hexlox.com/search?type=product&q=specialized*
No experience. As I do not own the latest Vado, I miss the knowledge! :)
Do you want to replace the axles to protect the wheels against the theft?

Last edited:
Here's additional info for anyone interested .
Just want to mention the Robert Axle Project once sold me a replacement axle for the one already discontinued by Specialized. A very good brand!

Sorry for hijacking the thread ; I'm gonna blame Stefan for mentioning thru-axel . :)
Now somebody please ask another battery question !

Ron, I made a little check-up of my stats. If you ride on a nice windless day and no hills around with 40/40% assistance, your range on the current battery might be 70 miles. Of course two 710 Wh batteries mean 140-mile range. Hills are a game changer as the wind is. However, if you ride on a loop and the conditions don't change, the headwind will be cancelled by tailwind, and descents will cancel ascents (if you just coast downhill).
Are you planning to go on a, say, 60 mile ride soon to test your battery capabilities? (When you see the 55% battery left on the display, start your return part of the ride!)

A battery question ! :)
Asking the forum ...
Do you pay attention to the cadence , staying in the green above 70 in the display , for maximum battery efficiency ?

Last edited:
The cadence numbers in the green changes based on your settings . If you push the lowest button f2 it gives a cadence choice from slowest to fastest . 70 is about the slowest I think. I use 1 above setting “slower”

How fast of a cadence do you need to 28mph ? I have hit it in the 90s but that is to fast for me

Back