Turbo Vado 6.0 Mirror

andersonimes

Hello! Proud new owner of a Turbo Vado 6.0. did my first 25 miles yesterday. So fun.

One issue I have: my LBS mounted my mirror above my handlebars instead of below like you see in pictures of the bike online. My arm blocks my view. I figured my LBS made a mistake and I could just fix it on my own.

The issue is the arm is bent in such a way I don't think it's really designed to be mounted so it is below the handlebars. Is there some other part that I can order? Am I just dumb and can't figure out how to orient this correctly? Having it above just doesn't work unless my goal is to make sure I still have arms, which I've never had trouble with.

Here is an image gallery of the mirror:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TI5VL7KaN7odJoqL2

I've been fiddling with this some more. Is it possible I got a UK mirror? It would be perfectly configured if I wanted to mount it on the right side of the bike instead of the left (the side I don't need it on).

And I thought I was the only one facing this issue! I bought my bike late last Fall, and wasn't able to figure out how to install it properly before Winter set in. I agree with you that the mirror stem seems to be perfectly configured for right side use.

I figured it out! I looked back in the box of extra bits my LBS included when they sent me home. I thought it was just garbage, but hidden under one of the cardboard flaps was a different arm! It's properly mounted now.

@andersonimes Could you take a picture of the arm and the mirror installed on your bike Please. I will be picking up a Vado in the next few weeks and I saw in my LBS that they had it installed on top rather than on the bottom. Thanks

I've been looking for a mirror like this. Does anyone know where I could find one? I like the size, location, and the skinny mount.
I’m getting a Turbo Vado (waiting in the shop until I can pick it up). I’ll try the mirror, but have gotten attached to my helmet mirror which gives me more angle and the ability to sweep my view as I turn my head. Additionally, I can monitor traffic behind and to the side while still looking forward at the same time. I encourage you to try one.

I’m getting a Turbo Vado (waiting in the shop until I can pick it up). I’ll try the mirror, but have gotten attached to my helmet mirror which gives me more angle and the ability to sweep my view as I turn my head. Additionally, I can monitor traffic behind and to the side while still looking forward at the same time. I encourage you to try one.
I found one that I'm really happy with. It has a nice large field of vision and isn't in the way.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076V6F6LR/

My apologies for resurrecting a year-old post, but I’m looking for this exact mirror! Anyone have one they don’t want? Haven’t checked with my LBS yet, thought I’d nquire here first!

If I find another lead, I’ll update this post.

Thanks in advance!

***UPDATE*** Ordered and installed via my LBS. Works like a charm.

Last edited:
Back