Turbo Vado 5.0 Availability in the US

There is one on e-bay for $3350 OBO (No. Carolina) and 2 in California.
If you look, you shall find.

Do they ship them or do I need to drive to pick one up? Also I understand you are supposed to buy from LBS for service purposes...

My LBS doesn't have the Turbo Vado 5.0 in stock and Specialized website lists the model as out of stock. Is it a pipe dream to think one would even be available to purchase this year?

As others are pointing out it's not an ideal time if you want a super specific model/size. If you're looking for something like a Vado and are open to others in that style of bike there's plenty of options worth considering.

Be really careful buying something site unseen as you want to make sure you don't get a "used" bike with no transferrable warranty. I've been hearing folks snagging anything they can get and having warranty claims declined because they didn't purchase the bike through a legit dealer or aren't the original owner.

Be really careful buying something site unseen as you want to make sure you don't get a "used" bike with no transferrable warranty. I've been hearing folks snagging anything they can get and having warranty claims declined because they didn't purchase the bike through a legit dealer or aren't the original owner.
I was under the impression the Specialized warranty was transferable.

You can still be the original buyer, you are just having your agent, servant, sibling.. sign for it. The bike shop will then likely ship it for a small re-packing fee, because you paid MAP.

This all seems crazy. Almost feel like anything in the next year is going to cost a premium.
I am wondering if I should just sit out a year until the supply chains get back to normal.

Good point. I like the Vado 5 on paper but can’t find one to test ride. I need to find a Vado 4 to test ride and go from there.

LBS only had an Allant+ 7S and loved the speed but the clicking was loud AF. I hope Specialized rides better.

I was under the impression the Specialized warranty was transferable.
Just the frame and maybe Specialized branded accessories. Not the motor, Battery, Drivetrain, Electronics , Etc.

Good point. I like the Vado 5 on paper but can’t find one to test ride. I need to find a Vado 4 to test ride and go from there.

LBS only had an Allant+ 7S and loved the speed but the clicking was loud AF. I hope Specialized rides better.

There's also the Gazelle Ultimate T10+, Cube Kathmandu, and the new Diamondback bikes to consider in that class 3 do-all style.

Back