Turbo Vado 4.0 SL-EQ maiden voyage from bike shop to home was beyond fun. Does anyone know if there is a speedometer integrated into Mission control?

FlipperSwims

Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 SL-EQ maiden voyage from bike shop to home was beyond fun. Does anyone know if there is a speedometer integrated into Mission control? If not, please recommend speedometers to check out for this Specialized e-bike.

Specialized Turbo Vado 4.0 SL-EQ maiden voyage from bike shop to home was beyond fun. Does anyone know if there is a speedometer integrated into Mission control? If not, please recommend speedometers to check out for this Specialized e-bike.
Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on the new bike. Ride it safely!

Is "Mission Control" something specific to Specialized? I don't know what it is. Do you have any display/computer on that bike at all?

If you use a phone or Apple Watch to record your workouts and trips, you can see afterwards what your speeds were. But I guess you want to see the current speed while riding. If that's all you need, then any bike computer should do it for you. But I'd suggest using an app on your phone.

Welcome to the forum! And congratulations on the new bike. Ride it safely!

Is "Mission Control" something specific to Specialized? I don't know what it is. Do you have any display/computer on that bike at all?

If you use a phone or Apple Watch to record your workouts and trips, you can see afterwards what your speeds were. But I guess you want to see the current speed while riding. If that's all you need, then any bike computer should do it for you. But I'd suggest using an app on your phone.
Yes, ‘Mission Control’ is specific to Specialized. It is an App and I’m just figuring out how to navigate all that it offers. Thank you.

The Mission Control app has a couple of variants. My comments assume it's the same for the all the Vado models.

In the Mission Control app go to RIDE>STATS and point and hold on any of the 6 items displayed in the stats screen. A menu of 20 other options will appear. Among them will be Current Speed and Average Speed. Select your option and your speed will be displayed in that position in the stats screen.

Riding a Vado 5 I like to display my speed in the bike's display and monitor rider and motor power in the app. Makes me try harder...😎

I appreciate the info everyone has shared. Trying to be patient until my handlebar phone holder arrives so that I can more easily (and safely) use Mission Control. A little disappointed that Specialized doesn't include the Display with the Vado 4.0 SL EQ

I appreciate the info everyone has shared. Trying to be patient until my handlebar phone holder arrives so that I can more easily (and safely) use Mission Control. A little disappointed that Specialized doesn't include the Display with the Vado 4.0 SL EQ
I'm guessing it could be added, for more $ of course. The app is quite useful. I find myself referring to it more than the display.

Flipper, the TCD (wireless) is one of least expensive displays out in the market (you wouldn't like to know how much the Giant RideControl Evo costs, compared). Specialized do not equip even their most expensive Levos or Creos with the TCD because it is an inexpensive optional component, and Specialized rely on the smartphone/TCU connectivity. Same as Giant RideControl One, which uses no display.

Wireless TCD display costs $97 to add to a Vado SL 4.0. Mine came with the mount installed already, which I removed.

I had experience with the TCD (wired) in my previous Vado. It was nice, but not essential to me. I have not missed it on my SL, as its main function for me was battery level and the integrated batt level meter on the SL is quite accurate. Mission Control provides top speed and average speed after the ride, which I find useful.

My other issue with the wireless TCD was the ease of removal. I do a lot of city riding and was afraid I'd forget to remove it one time and it'd be gone, from a thief or vandal.

Back