Turbo SL Rack

anandman

Hi, I’m curious what things people have mounted on your Turbo SL Rack. I got a new Vado SL 4.0 EQ and have Ortlieb panniers that fit great. But wondering what else I should be thinking of, especially as I’ve never used the Racktime system. In particular, I’d like to figure out a way to mount a Garmin Varia to it. But it doesn’t have any standard 50mm light mount points like other Racktime mounts do. And Racktime doesn’t seem to have an accessory to add your own light.

I’d been using a Topeak MTX EX trunkbag on y Cannondale Adventure, ASOS I bought an adapter that changes the Racktime to MTX. The adapter is much less expensive than the Racktime equivalent. So are the bags.

One issue, if you attach the adapter you will have issues with your panniers as they may not mount over the adapter.

Hi, I’m curious what things people have mounted on your Turbo SL Rack. I got a new Vado SL 4.0 EQ and have Ortlieb panniers that fit great. But wondering what else I should be thinking of, especially as I’ve never used the Racktime system. In particular, I’d like to figure out a way to mount a Garmin Varia to it. But it doesn’t have any standard 50mm light mount points like other Racktime mounts do. And Racktime doesn’t seem to have an accessory to add your own light.

Hi Anandman: I also recently purchased a Turbo Vado SL EQ with the Racktime rack. You mentioned that you have mounted Ortlieb bags on your rack. Can you tell me what model Ortlieb bags you have and how they fit on the small racktime rack? Thanks!

Thanks ronaan. I've looked at the Racktime bags but I would like to get something larger than what they offer for a 7-8 day tour.
@metamora:
I have done a test for you. I own a set of Ortlieb Bike-Packer Classic panniers. If I place the bottom hook centrally and in 6 o'clock position, it is doable to attach that hook to the bottom of the Vado SL rack triangle. It is not ideally fitting but it works. The pannier is kept immovable.

20220330_152926-01.jpeg

Stefan, thank you so much for testing this out! I think I will go ahead and get the Ortlieb back roller bags since they are the right size for my needs.
I did not want quite that much capacity so I got the FRONT roller bags to use on the back rack I added to my Creo.

Just to clarify: The Bike-Packer Classic fits. I have not tried the Back-Roller.

Just to clarify: The Bike-Packer Classic fits. I have not tried the Back-Roller.
Right, understood. I am going on the assumption that since they are of similar capacity they are likely to have a similar fit. I'll get them from someplace where I can return them if they don't fit. Thanks!

Back