Turbo Owners -- What's your total mileage? [OFFICIAL MILEAGE THREAD]

A bit over 25,000km, the original Formula C1 brakes got a bit squishy and lacking power, so instead of servicing them I replaced with a full set of Shimano XT M8000 brakes.
It was easy enough to do, and the only trickery was to use the half-shell bracket from the left brake on the controller/shifter bracket now that the integrated 3-way setup has been broken. I bought some M5 stainless bolts and locknuts to hold it all together. Looks elegant and works perfectly as 1-finger brakes should.
I have a to-do list item to shorten the hydraulic cables. I was very relieved that the rear brake cable runs externally. Some bikes have all internally routed cables and hoses which would have been a lot more awkward.

Last edited:
7000km on my Turbo now. Not a huge distance but I have other bikes, this mainly gets used for occasional commuting. Other than a load of broken rear spokes and 2 broken controllers (both replaced FOC by Specialized UK) it has been pretty good. I've binned the Formula brakes and the Sram shifter / mech and replaced with Shimano.

At nearly 8000 miles i had to replace chain, chain wheel, freehub. The bike still performs well. I recently bought a Reise & Muller Superdelite (Bosch mid motor, dual 500 watt hour batteries, brake lights, front and rear suspension, 4 levels of assist, belt drive, Nuvinci internal gearing, and more). The R&M is a really well built, well integrated bike, and it should be for the price. I don't like the whine of the Bosch motor, but the comfort of the ride is terrific. I've put 2,000 miles on it in a little over three months without a single issue. Kept the Turbo, and still love the silent ride. My Average speed is about the same as with the Turbo. Also had to buy a new hitch mounted rack as the weight of the Riese & Muller is nearly 20 pounds more than the Turbo. I don't regret the purchase. The belt drive and internal gearing are really nice.

Bumping this thread - in your response please indicate what year/generation bike you have (hub drive vs. mid drive, etc.)!
I don't have an exact mileage because my display/odometer had to be replaced but definitely over 6000 miles now. Don't ride it much anymore because I haven't regularly commuted due to COVID, but the bike is still fast, fun, and in excellent shape. Might sell it because I don't get much opportunity to use it but not sure how much of a market there is for used ebikes.

(2016 Turbo X with the GoSwiss hub drive --> over 6000 miles)

Bumping this thread - in your response please indicate what year/generation bike you have (hub drive vs. mid drive, etc.)!
I don't have an exact mileage because my display/odometer had to be replaced but definitely over 6000 miles now. Don't ride it much anymore because I haven't regularly commuted due to COVID, but the bike is still fast, fun, and in excellent shape. Might sell it because I don't get much opportunity to use it but not sure how much of a market there is for used ebikes.

(2016 Turbo X with the GoSwiss hub drive --> over 6000 miles)
That's a lot of miles for the older generation I've kept my 2014/2015 Turbo S with about 4000 miles to use as my local errand bike. I no longer commute. I assume because there are no parts or repairs available for the Go-Swiss motor system it does not have any resale value even though I have two perfectly functioning batteries. I sold the 2020 Vado SL that was too big and quit using when I got a Creo since I consider e-bikes to be perishable.

Back