Turbo Owners -- What's your total mileage? [OFFICIAL MILEAGE THREAD]

Ha ha never ever

yeah, it is possible to cycle 105 km one battery. I bought this bike for long distance rides due to its quality battery and regen mode, on long distance ride I use higher cadence, relatively low speed and not at least choose a trip with low elevation or flat ride. I only ride on country rodes that means I don't need to stop or start like in a town or city, constant acceleration drain the battery quickly.
Riding smoothly on a more or less empty country road saves energy compare to more urban rides.
Then it is the rider, the more watt\power he or she can produce the longer the distance you can ride.
Nice weather helps a lot headwind reduces the range.

Roughly 2400 miles! Just did Firmware update and it reset my ODO though!!!

No issues at all with the bike. I have replaced the pads twice, once at 1000 and 2000 miles and just recently did a full service, new chain, brake bleed, tightened battery. (I didn't bleed when I replaced the pads previously)

Cheers!

Roughly 2400 miles! Just did Firmware update and it reset my ODO though!!!

No issues at all with the bike. I have replaced the pads twice, once at 1000 and 2000 miles and just recently did a full service, new chain, brake bleed, tightened battery. (I didn't bleed when I replaced the pads previously)

Cheers!
The shop that did the firmware update can set the mileage to whatever you want. Pop in and have them do it for you. :)

I am at 1303 miles. I took my SBC-B05 (691 Wh) battery in for the 5.12 firmware upgrade. Initially the Specialized server was down. Unfortunately, once it came back up and the dealer tried to update, the updates failed and the battery was bricked. I am getting a new SBC-B05 (#2) from Specialized next week. The settings I want to make sure get set (and it is done in metric) are:
  • Odometer = 2097 km
  • Acceleration Response = Race
  • Wheel Diameter = 2200 mm
  • Speed Cutoff = 45 km/h
Once those settings are done, you power the bike back up and make sure the display is set to Imperial (miles) instead of metric (km) and the backlight is on. Except for odometer and wheel diameter, your approach should be the same whether for an SBC-B05 (691Wh) or SBC-B03 (468Wh).

I may pass on the update since I use a Garmin for odometer/speed and they've never been able to change my display to Imperial even with the dealer software. I can't get to the set up menu on the bike either. I would hate be without my TurboSC battery and back to 504Wh.

Turbo S 2016 with 691wh battery, i have clocked 6000 km since April this year. Two e bikes and one race bike
and I use them all. Turbo S is bought for long distance cycling due to it's quality battery and regen mode. It is a high quality bike and I love riding this bike.
This is right in there with the Wh per mile I get on my Turbo X 2016. I believe that on a flat ride at a moderate speed at 30 eco you could get 100 miles with my bike and the 691 Wh battery. I did a moderately slow ride (12 mph) at 40% in flat Florida and used only 64 Wh to go 12 miles. This works out to under 6 Wh per mile; ie more than 115 mile range under those conditions.

6700km since July 2016. Original base Turbo battery with S motor (warranty replacement after hub cracked). Schwalbe Energizer tyres 700c/47 have done over 4500kms with barely any signs of wear. Koolstop pads have done 3500kms. Still good.
Replaced chain at 6500km.

Last edited:
My first 2000 km (1242 miles) It does not look much, but for me it was. I hope I could do some more before the bike gives me more trouble (or the winter arrives).

Attachments

• meterstallning.jpg
    meterstallning.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 577
6700km since July 2016. Original base Turbo battery with S motor (warranty replacement after hub cracked). Schwalbe Energizer tyres 700c/47 have done over 4500kms with barely any signs of wear. Koolstop pads have done 3500kms. Still good.
Replaced chain at 6500km.

Now done 6000 km on those Koolstop pads, I think I might replace them now.
My rear brake disc has come loose with some stripped threads - will attempt to repair with Loctite thread repair.
Schwalbe Energizers still going strong with 7000km, not a single puncture. All my commuting buddies on the same route complain about punctures constantly, especially in the wet when it seems that punctures are more likely to happen for whatever reason.

buzzapage...

7000 km is awesome. I am at about 2500 km. Still love riding. Around 2400 km on my Michelin Energy tires and 2000 km on the Kool Stop pads. I did replace the rears. I had gouged them replacing the rear wheel a couple of times. I decided that it is better to pull the pads when pulling the wheel. Makes putting the rear wheel back in a lot easier. I find I don't have to loosen and realign the caliper either that way.

Doug

...My rear brake disc has come loose with some stripped threads - will attempt to repair with Loctite thread repair.
It almost never anything repaired with Loctite on a bike, ends up well. Specially something so related to your own security as the break pads. Buy new parts. Your head may be more valuable.

Just replaced by battery for a new 691Wh battery :) Yay, full 500W Turbo all the way...
Thought I'd record my stats - the mileages will be slightly under st they are all from Strava which doesn't record everything (eg in the basement at work). And funny story, the odometer set itself to zero anyway and stayed there when I ticked over 10,000km! M10k bug.
Bike 11143km
Chain 5989km
Cassette 11143km
Brakes (Koolstop) 8300km
Tyres (Energizer Plus) 9553km
Original 13AH/468Wh battery SBC-B02 11143km (still good actually, probably lost 10%)

@ROJA I like the tyres. Haven't had a single puncture or issue with them, still plenty of tread left. There is a lot of glass and debris on our cycle lanes. I find them to be comfortable, running 40-55psi. I am running 47mm width. I had to fiddle with the mudguards a bit initially as they are taller than the stock tyres.
Compared to the Specialized 'bald' tyres they actually have less grip in the wet, I assume due to a harder compound and stiffer carcass. But I'll trade that any day for not getting punctures.
I have a Schwalbe Marathon Plus ready to go as a replacement when needed. It'll be a while! I bought in advance because they can be a bit hard to find in the right sizings. I bought mine from bike24.com in Germany.
IMG_20170807_183526_210.jpg

@bazzapage impressive. Especially on the chain and cassette. I have changed both after less than 5000 km. Each year I find that the chain starts to slacken after half of the autumn term (I bike all year around with winter slush and salt at least 4 months/year) and if I don't replace it will churn through the teeth on the gearwheels . This is not unique to the Turbo, the same happened on a Scott ebike previously. I guess the weight of an ebike is not counted for when manufacturing normal bicycle parts such as chain, cassette and brakes. Btw I change brakepads twice a year, but I haven't tried the koolstops yet.

As of the beginning of 2018, I'm just over 1000 miles (1015, to be exact, although this only counts strava miles and not another 100+ not on strava). Looking forward to hopefully doubling that this year!

UPDATE: 1200 miles as of the end of March 2018.

Last edited:
Update: I'm now over 2,000 miles. Bike is running great and I'm really enjoying commuting with our nice long summer days!

Back