Turbo Levo Tuning

Does this void the warranty? I believe all changes made to the battery and motor are logged somehow and can be seen using diagnostic tools by specialized. I don’t think just resetting to factory settings will hide the fact this was done. I’m having issues with my bike and I did this little hack, rode it around maybe one mile and reverted back to factory settings. Now I’m worried my issues with the bike will not be covered because I did this.

Has anyone had success with hacking a 2016 turbo S and increasing the limiter past 45km.. The hack for the LEVO does not work on the Turbo S.

Has anyone had success with hacking a 2016 turbo S and increasing the limiter past 45km.. The hack for the LEVO does not work on the Turbo S.

Using the diagnostics or Mission Control, you can adjust the wheel size only down to 2000 mm from the actual of around 2200 mm on a Turbo S using its 700x45c tires. (Note the Specialized Nimbus tires on the Turbo S are a bit larger than the Specialized Electrak on the base Turbo). This might buy you up to 10% in actual assist speed over 45km/h at the expense of the odometer and speedometer reading 10% slow. At best I would expect you could get an assist increase from 28 mph to maybe 30 mph.

I did this on my base Turbo and got the assist up to around 27.5-28 mph from 26.2 mph. I used a separate Garmin and old style bike computer to calibrate against the built in system. Since the base Turbo doesn't really have enough power to drive at the upper reaches of the limits, except on descents or with a tailwind, I tend to err on the side of an accurate speedometer and odometer, and not really bother. Further, I am running 700x35C tires with a smaller diameter of 2150 mm, so the 2000 mm hack doesn't help much.

Net, Net - Since the limit on the Turbo S is already 28 mph (45 kph) and the best case is a 10% net gain, the effect is MUCH smaller than the Turbo Levo hack.

Hi Striker,

did you get an answer of your quest.

I am interested in that also.

Regards
Dimi

I never got an answer and I dont think the turbo S is hackable. Certainly not in the same way as the LEVO. I believe the speed for the turbo S is in the Firmware on the rear wheel motor. I tried using the Liteblue app with no success. If anyone has a solution, I'd love to hear it.

I never got an answer and I dont think the turbo S is hackable. Certainly not in the same way as the LEVO. I believe the speed for the turbo S is in the Firmware on the rear wheel motor. I tried using the Liteblue app with no success. If anyone has a solution, I'd love to hear it.
I don't think the speed limit is in the wheel, but in the battery firmware since that is where it gets set by diagnostics (setting 25 km/h vs. 45 km/h). I have a Turbo S battery in my base Turbo and found a bit of difference by setting the wheel diameter smaller at the 2000 mm limit. But it is very minor.

I don't think the speed limit is in the wheel, but in the battery firmware since that is where it gets set by diagnostics (setting 25 km/h vs. 45 km/h). I have a Turbo S battery in my base Turbo and found a bit of difference by setting the wheel diameter smaller at the 2000 mm limit. But it is very minor.

I did the same as you and all it did was alter the accuracy of my speedometer. I also had a chance to plug my Turbo S into the dealers specialized diagnostic software where I thought I could increase the speed limiter. But that also was futile. Its frustrating as the LEVO is easily hackable and this is not.

Unfortunately this hack does not work with the 2007 levo turbo comp, you can input the new number but the mission control app ignores it, but you can set it manually to 2000 to give you an extra couple of mph.

Unfortunately this hack does not work with the 2007 levo turbo comp, you can input the new number but the mission control app ignores it, but you can set it manually to 2000 to give you an extra couple of mph.

Actually it does work, it took about 5 goes before it worked, now it really flies, great hack thanks

No. As far as I can tell this has to do with the new Mission Control app. Unlike the older version, the choice of wheel size must be selected from a list that goes no lower than 2000.

No. As far as I can tell this has to do with the new Mission Control app. Unlike the older version, the choice of wheel size must be selected from a list that goes no lower than 2000.

Did you notice any increase in mph using 2000? Someone I believe reported a 1-2 mph increase above 20 mph cut off.

I did not. My Levo seems to cut out about 17.5 - 18mph. My LBS asked the Specialized rep about it and he said that sounded right. I wish it would power to 20mph but it doesn't sound like that's going to happen.

Does this void the warranty? I believe all changes made to the battery and motor are logged somehow and can be seen using diagnostic tools by specialized. I don’t think just resetting to factory settings will hide the fact this was done. I’m having issues with my bike and I did this little hack, rode it around maybe one mile and reverted back to factory settings. Now I’m worried my issues with the bike will not be covered because I did this.
- Did you get an answer? I'm in UK and it looks like they are limited to 15.5mph of assistance, but the bike is capable and manufactured to be able to work to the US specs of 20mph. I'd want to have the US specs but does it void the Warranty?

Doing a hack like this is pretty much going to hose you if it is traceable. Is it traceable? I don’t know...If a LBS can’t find any trace of something being done then you should be fine but SBC may be sending new tools to dealers if this hack is causing warranty issues.

As for top speed, I’ve never been able to hold my claimed 28MPH for more than a few seconds, so I do think the actual top speed is a bit less.

Worked! Thanks guys.

In summary to those curious about changing limit on Turbo LEVO FSR (abbreviated in English):

- Downloald "LightBlue" app
- Scroll down to second to last UUID: 0000000002-000
- Select "Write new value"
- Type in: 02002003
- Click "DONE"
- Turn off battery and close app
- Reboot battery, open Specialized App, verify wheel size says 800MM now

Just picked up my Tubo Levo FSR S-Works and followed the above instructions. Works as described. Very much appreciated.

Back