Turbo Levo Tuning

What do you mean by ” circumference posted 0. ” ?

In the Mission Control TUNE section, where it tells you what the Wheel Circumference is showed "0" instead of "2255". See the attached screen shot showing the correct reading.

Attachments

• IMG_0093 2.png
    IMG_0093 2.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 2,138
In the Mission Control TUNE section, where it tells you what the Wheel Circumference is showed "0" instead of "2255". See the attached screen shot showing the correct reading.
Aha, that was strange. Could it be something that ”happened” when your display was exchanged? I’m only guessing.
In my Mission Control app the circumference is showing 2293. I have a Vado 5.0 and with the 622 rims and Trigger 47mm tires the circumference should be more like 2250mm. That is less than 2% off so it can’t make any real difference for speedo or trip meter.

Here's the text of a ticket I started with Specialized today. I'll keep folks posted:

Hi, I have a COMO 20 that came with a BLOKS system, but my local dealer swapped it for the TCD-W system (which I LOVE). One thing I notice about both systems - BLOKS and TCD-W... the bike reports that it is going faster and farther than either of my GPS units (Garmin Explore 1000 and Apple Watch GPS with Strava, as well as any iOS app) and I think that has to do with an inaccurate 2225 mm circumference for the wheels on the COMO, which have huge tires that I think add to the circumference. On a 20 mile ride (according to the GPS), the TCD-W will report I went about 21.5-21.75 miles. When I am going 17.5 mph (according to the GPS), the TCD-W on the COMO will report I am going 19.3 mph. As a result, I have an odometer with over 1500 miles on it, but I think that's probably inflated by about 10-15%. Is there any kind of an adjustment that can be made to make the Specialized system more accurate?

Last edited:
Aha, that was strange. Could it be something that ”happened” when your display was exchanged? I’m only guessing.
In my Mission Control app the circumference is showing 2293. I have a Vado 5.0 and with the 622 rims and Trigger 47mm tires the circumference should be more like 2250mm. That is less than 2% off so it can’t make any real difference for speedo or trip meter.

Interestingly, my Como is actually 2294 on the circumference. And while it is indeed a 2% difference, I don’t know enough about how that translates into a difference over the number of revolutions in, say, a mile. Here is a shot of the difference between the Garmin and the Specialized over an 8 mile ride... I got the same results with the old BLOKS system. So, I know nothing happened during the exchange. I think the "0" reading was the result of me trying to hack the system to change the tire circumference on firmware that's set up now to prevent that from happening.

Attachments

• 7B0CB47E-8F93-4AD2-837A-7380E82FECA0.jpeg
    7B0CB47E-8F93-4AD2-837A-7380E82FECA0.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,017
Last edited:
Maybe the app value for wheel circumference no longer has a meaning as the possibility to cha ge the value is locked in the app.
I’ll ask my LBS to check mine.
Some Como models have smaller wheels (650b) than the Vados and should as far as I can understand have a circumference value that is lower than the Vado.

Maybe the app value for wheel circumference no longer has a meaning as the possibility to cha ge the value is locked in the app.
I’ll ask my LBS to check mine.
Some Como models have smaller wheels (650b) than the Vados and should as far as I can understand have a circumference value that is lower than the Vado.

My Como has 650b wheels. From the center of the hub, to the outside of the large tire, the radius is 14.375", which equates to a rolling circumference of 2294. I am not sure what they calculate the actual distance and speed on. I just know that it reports a greater distance and a higher speed than GPS units on the same ride. And trying to hack it with LightBlue, while it does *something*, it doesn't seem to actually help with anything. So I hacked it back to normal. As I said, if my LBS has some control, I'll ask them to do it (it's just that they are SO busy right now, so this may wait until fall). In the meantime, I'll await Specialized's response. In the bigger picture, really not that big of a deal and certainly doesn't impede my enjoyment of the bike.

Last edited:
So, not only does the hack not work (on my Como 2.0), but Mission Control won't remember the settings any more. I am hoping a firmware reset will correct that. In addition, I've opened a ticket with Specialized about the mileage/speed discrepancy. Waiting to hear back. Here is a shot of all three devices and how they recorded today's ride:

Strava on iOS: 24.7 miles
Garmin Edge Explore 1000: 24.48 miles
Specialized TCD-W: 26.08 miles

The Garmin and iOS GPS readings are close enough for rock and roll, but the Specialized reading is a mile and a half more than the average of the other two. I think I need a more accurate circumference figure for my bike. It's set at 2255, but my actual circumference is 2294.8

Anyway, working trying to get the bike to be more accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_0104.jpeg
    IMG_0104.jpeg
    130.2 KB · Views: 866
  • Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 4.18.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 4.18.31 PM.png
    437.3 KB · Views: 842
No longer changeable in the app.
You need to have the dealer change the settings.
Simple fix for the dealer
I have had mine changed. Takes about 1 minute for them to do it :)

No longer changeable in the app.
You need to have the dealer change the settings.
Simple fix for the dealer
I have had mine changed. Takes about 1 minute for them to do it :)
Which way did you go? Accuracy to GPS? Or unnatural speed? Glad to hear that it only takes a minute. I was worried it might be an archaic transfer system that would take hours. Also, had you attempted the hack?

I had it changed to the minimum (2000) so that I could get a tiny bit more speed before the limit kicked in.
It now reads 2km/h lower than actual GPS speed but I always use RideWithGPS to record rides so I don't care about the accuracy of the readout or distance covered.

I had it changed to the minimum (2000) so that I could get a tiny bit more speed before the limit kicked in.
It now reads 2km/h lower than actual GPS speed but I always use RideWithGPS to record rides so I don't care about the accuracy of the readout or distance covered.
Sorry to bug you, but was it accurate to GPS prior, or was it as mine is, reporting higher than GPS? The more I know the more I can speak intelligently about it. Thanks.

Mine is a Vado 3.
It was set to the default after I got the display replaced with the new one.
I think the default was 2200 but I'm not totally sure. It was very close to GPS accurate according to my Garmin next to it but if anything, slightly high.
The new software is limited to what the min and max wheel size is and I know the lower limit is 2000 which gives you the most speed before cut off.

Also, none of the software hacks work now with the recent changes specialized made.
No Vado/Como can be changed via software hack.
The Levo 2020 model is also not hackable along with the 2019 Levo if the software is updated.

Quote" Also, none of the software hacks work now with the recent changes specialized made.
The Levo 2020 model is also not hackable along with the 2019 Levo if the software is updated."

My 2019 Specialized Levo cannot be hacked via Software any more. Specialized changed the software and if you try to do it, they get notified and apparently that can invalidate your warranty.

Quote" Also, none of the software hacks work now with the recent changes specialized made.
The Levo 2020 model is also not hackable along with the 2019 Levo if the software is updated."

My 2019 Specialized Levo cannot be hacked via Software any more. Specialized changed the software and if you try to do it, they get notified and apparently that can invalidate your warranty.

NOW that comes up. Hopefully, I will be OK...

I think specialized getting notified is internet gossip.
The bike and head unit have no way of contacting specialized.
The app could do it but I personally do not believe that would be happening.
Just to much chance of legal action against them.
My opinion so believe what you want.

I was trying to fine tune my Bluetooth guitar amp and seemingly chose the wrong Bluetooth device. Yeah, that’s it. That’s the ticket... ?

Back