Turbo Levo Tuning

ShaunLevo

I've just purchased a Turbo Levo FSR and am wondering whats involved in installing a tuning device such as the Sx2 Dongle or PearTune MSO. Does anyone know:
  • What steps are involved to get access to the motor to attach the cables for these devices? I've asked the electricbiketuning guys but haven't had a detailed response.
    • Do i need to remove the pedals and the front cog? If so do i need a spider tool?
    • Do i need to open the motor as well once i have access to it?
  • Which is easiest to install?
An alternate option i have is the badassbox but I can't see how it would be installed on the new Turbo Levo FSR models as the magnet is right in behind the rear disc brakes.

Yes, i realize that i will be voiding the warranty however I really want to get higher speed assist on my bike and they guys over on the Haibike forum (https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/help-deciding-on-which-dongle-to-buy.3534/) who have tuned their bikes absolutely love it.

Any help here would be appreciated.

I've just purchased a Turbo Levo FSR and am wondering whats involved in installing a tuning device such as the Sx2 Dongle or PearTune MSO. Does anyone know:
  • What steps are involved to get access to the motor to attach the cables for these devices? I've asked the electricbiketuning guys but haven't had a detailed response.
    • Do i need to remove the pedals and the front cog? If so do i need a spider tool?
An alternate option i have is the badassbox but I can't see how it would be installed on the new Turbo Levo FSR models as the magnet is right in behind the rear disc brakes.

Yes, i realize that i will be voiding the warranty however I really want to get higher speed assist on my bike and they guys over on the Haibike forum (https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/help-deciding-on-which-dongle-to-buy.3534/) who have tuned their bikes absolutely love it.

You don't need cables you can do it via Bluetooth on your phone. The program you need is 'bluelight' for ios or BLE scanner for Android.

Last edited:

You don't need cables you can do it via Bluetooth on your phone. The program you need is 'bluelight' for ios or BLE scanner for Android.

Thanks Gary, I have the app, any chance you could link me through to a guide or provide some context on how I should use it?

I assume I can use this app to change the wheel circumference smaller than the limits in the mission control app?

Quick update, this process took about 5 mins up including the time to download the app and read the guide. Super easy, did it in a break at work no problems at all.

Rode my bike home for the day and it performed like a rocket, no awkward power cutting out constantly - just a nice constant boost of power. Very fun!

I followed the procedure as well and it works! Even more fun.

Thanks for the link.

By the way if you want to revert to default parameters just restore them from the mission control app (tuning section).

My screen doesn't look like this, how did you guys do this on the TURBO LEVO?

When I click on the "0000000002-000" line, this then comes up, which doesn't look like the walkthrough pics.

Then if I click on write, it just has me enter numbers... none of which contain an "X", which his procedure states!

Attachments

• IMG_9270.PNG
    IMG_9270.PNG
    122 KB · Views: 4,192
OK... just sort of worried I'm going to screw something up and break it, since it didn't look the same!

Worked! Thanks guys.

In summary to those curious about changing limit on Turbo LEVO FSR (abbreviated in English):

- Downloald "LightBlue" app
- Scroll down to second to last UUID: 0000000002-000
- Select "Write new value"
- Type in: 02002003
- Click "DONE"
- Turn off battery and close app
- Reboot battery, open Specialized App, verify wheel size says 800MM now

Quick update, this process took about 5 mins up including the time to download the app and read the guide. Super easy, did it in a break at work no problems at all.

Rode my bike home for the day and it performed like a rocket, no awkward power cutting out constantly - just a nice constant boost of power. Very fun!
I've downloaded the app. But I cant find the info to install. any help would be appriciated.

Hi, is the app "blue light" or "light blue?" I'm having troubles finding either. Is it a Bluetooth app? I'm thinking of trying this on my Turbo S.
Thanks for the help.

Using the bluetooth app (Mission Control), you cam set the wheel diameter to a smaller setting (2000 instead of the actual of 2250), thus trying to fake the bike into thinking you are going slower than you really are. However. I think that the actual cutoff may be implemented in the wheel firmware and not the battery controller, in which case the setting only affects the speedometer, not the actual top speed cutoff. This is implied from the Mission Control documentation, but is worth giving a try.

Going down to 2000 on wheel size does increase the speed, but only a small amount. Keep in mind, your indicated speed is now incorrect! So even after reducing the setpoint to 2000, you'll still hit "20 MPH" on the screen and then the assist stops... however you're "actually" going faster than that.

With this hack, the 800 size allows it to go much faster (closer to 28-29 on the Turbo Levo) but the indicated speed is much slower than that! Using a GPS speedometer, you can see this mod really works well!

Back