Turbo Creo SL Expert Evo/Road Info.

Thank you! (I missed your earlier post). I can see the road-bike bolts are different from the MTB ones. And I would say Specialized have been using the Praxis rings because threaded bolts are only accessed from the outside, while using a nut requires that you work in the tight space between the ring and the motor to insert and secure the nut.
yes that could be why! although by rotating the crank all bolts can be easily accessed from both sides, one at a time. the ring sticks out below the motor housing by quite a bit. is this not true of the full-power bikes?

is this not true of the full-power bikes?
The full-power-motor-chamber of Specialized e-bikes is so big it effectively screens the chainring from the non-drive side. Moreover, the gap between the ring and the motor cover is extremely tight. For these reasons it is required to remove the motor cover (which is easy), and possibly work on a bike rotated upside down if a non-Praxis chainring is to be used. Removing the motor cover only exposes a single bolt at a time! (I managed to replace my big Vado chainrings thrice). The threaded Praxis chainring makes the operation as easy as A-B-C as you only work from the drive-side.

I was trying Deckas 48T, Shimano 38T, and Garbaruk 42T chainrings after the original Praxis 48T chainring wore out. I still own a replacement 48T Praxis chainring and threaded bolts but am not willing to use a 48T chainring anymore. No use for me.

the stock praxis ones are threaded, but the replacement wolftooth/garbaruk are smooth holes for a sex bolt setup as linked above. the system is the same concept as the vado SL but it is 5 x 110, presumably inherited from larger diameter rings? on a traditional 2x/3x non-mid drive road bike it works a bit differently to attach both rings, but also not threaded, at least shimano. i think the threaded praxis ebike chainrings are somewhat unique to ebikes. not sure.
Absolute Black also have used a threaded system on their sub compact road 2x with their 48/32 and 46/30 set. They use a 110 bcd but traditional bolts don't fit and hence threaded. For E-Bike, Praxis are the only ones I have seen a threaded 1x, but the weight of those rings in criminal !!

I am delighted with the quality of Garbaruk's components. Did you know he was Ukrainian with the manufacture in Poland?

1648986814053.png

Garbaruk factory in Nowa Huta, Poland. (An industrial city near Cracow).

Ok, I took the plunge! Ordered a Wolf 110 BCD 44T Chainring with a set of 5 chainring bolts/nuts and a t-shirt to boot. LOL...We'll see if I can install this...

I am delighted with the quality of Garbaruk's components. Did you know he was Ukrainian with the manufacture in Poland?

View attachment 118707
Garbaruk factory in Nowa Huta, Poland. (An industrial city near Cracow).
I am pleased to report that I received a Garbaruk 11-46 cassette for my Creo last week, swapped out a Sunrace 11-42. Delivered to PA-US in 5 days after the order was received via DSL! It shifts remarkably well on a Deore derailleur with a little adjustment of the B screw. Unusually quiet which may also be a function of the new chain that I installed.

Ok, I took the plunge! Ordered a Wolf 110 BCD 44T Chainring with a set of 5 chainring bolts/nuts and a t-shirt to boot. LOL...We'll see if I can install this...
Went on my first 40 mi. ride with this Wolf chainring. Shifting is smooth as butter and no chain drop. Awesome upgrade. Thx, Everyone!! Shirt is nice too...

Attachments

• wolf.jpg
    wolf.jpg
    327.7 KB · Views: 116
Back