Trek's Racktime LightIt Cargo Rack

MrLibraryMan

Region
USA
Trek outfits their Allant+ 7S e-bike with a Racktime brand rear carrier rack (the Racktime LightIt Cargo Rack) instead of a Bontrager brand carrier rack. Evidently Bontrager doesn't have a rack with an integrated light or tail light in their line-up.

So my question-- aside from Racktime bags, what kinds of small trunk or carrier bags without Velcro straps as an attachment device work well for you and what solutions have you made to make the bag of your choice sit securely and quietly on this rack? (The only Racktime bag that appeals to me is the Yoshi, but according to their website, that won't be available until summertime.)

One more question-- who has them in stock in the US? (During the pandemic, there are so many bike accessories that have sold out, and understandably so.)

Thank you in advance!

I purchased 2 different bags for my wife's bike which are Racktime compatible, Yves and Agnetha. I am in Canada and interestingly, were a lot less expensive from Europe even with shipping, etc than to buy locally. System works very well.
I use Ortlieb on my Verve +2

The Racktime Odin bag has panniers inside the side pockets. I really like mine and they are made specifically for the Lighit rack. You can also buy the bottom attachment from Racktime to adapt to other trunk bags.
86061C0E-EA0B-40C5-A19F-E67F39D960EA.jpeg
E47BF4E8-CEB3-4109-9FBA-A034EB69A4CC.jpeg

Last edited:
Another option is to buy the Racktime Adapter Plate which can be attached to other various bags, crates, etc. I adapted a Bontrager bag I had bought before I realized that the 7+ S rack wasn't MIK compatible. Just pulled off the MIK plate and the Racktime Adapter plate aligned with the bag mounting holes perfectly.

1616338694048.png

Another option is to buy the Racktime Adapter Plate which can be attached to other various bags, crates, etc. I adapted a Bontrager bag I had bought before I realized that the 7+ S rack wasn't MIK compatible. Just pulled off the MIK plate and the Racktime Adapter plate aligned with the bag mounting holes perfectly.

View attachment 82260
I used this and like it as a flexible option. You can use any bag or cargo container you want.

Here's an example that I came up with:

Just purchased the Yves to replace my Talis. I liked Talis but would like to try a new bag.
Will update when I get it.
Looks good on the picture.

Back