Trek Powerfly 5 FS 2021

Wow... pretty interesting that those photos show that one can spec it with full fenders, rear rack and kickstand. This could go from singletrack MTB trails to commute with full suspension.

This model is USA : https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/...y-fs-9-equipped/p/32991/?colorCode=grey_black
What do you think of this model as a street only commuter ?
Only thing missing seems to be dual battery .

1599973211281.png

I really like this design. 29x2.4 tires are very nice all around tires.

Is there enough clearance for a second battery ?

I think this will be a very good trail/cross country eMTB. For on road it will work well and be very comfortable. It is a bit heavy, but probably due to full suspension and also aluminum rather than a carbon frame. That probably keeps the price down though. I like that it has a full 12 speed shimano XT drivetrain. The only issue for me, would be that I would prefer a class 3 speed motor like the allant, then it would be perfect, but I understand there decision to go with the CX motor. For the money, it seems to be a really good deal compared to say riesse and mueller FS bikes and you will get Trek service.

I think this will be a very good trail/cross country eMTB. For on road it will work well and be very comfortable. It is a bit heavy, but probably due to full suspension and also aluminum rather than a carbon frame. That probably keeps the price down though. I like that it has a full 12 speed shimano XT drivetrain. The only issue for me, would be that I would prefer a class 3 speed motor like the allant, then it would be perfect, but I understand there decision to go with the CX motor. For the money, it seems to be a really good deal compared to say riesse and mueller FS bikes and you will get Trek service.
I agree, class 3 speed motor all the way for this one. Trek did a nice job putting together this package for multi use. Looks like they may sell quite well.

Here's the Bulls FS Rugged Commuter , $5,599.00 , Class 3 :
What other brands offer a FS rugged commuter like the Trek above and this Bulls . I know there's R&M .
Prefer a 29er .

1600021456057.png

another rugged commuter ...
... but it's not a 29er , not class 3

Moustache Samedi 27 Xroad 5 FS 2020 , $5,599.00

1600022142700.png

The big difference is both of those have gen4 speed motors which is great. However for a little more
money it seems the Trek Powerfly 9 has a much higher level component set and Trek will likely be easier to service due to there network, at least in the US. Seems Trek went for more off road climbing ability with the CX motor. On the road, for commute or just covering distance it’s easy to go 20-28mph, and it’s quite easy to hold these speeds on level ground with such strong motors.
Having such a nice full suspension setup and its weight penalty but not being able go faster to really take advantage of the suspension damping seems odd. I guess they prioritized off road performance a bit more.
Riess and Meuller have the FS commute bike benchmark except for their price. If Trek were to add a speed motor option, at this price and it would be a very attractive option to me

So between the Bulls Iconic, Trek FS 9 and Moustache Semedi 27 who is going to be the winner. These are the 3 bikes I am considering.

#1. Which one could I get soonest in Palm Springs CA? I noticed my LBS is listed as a Trek dealer
#2. Which one will be the most dependable
#3. Which one has the best reputation as far as warranty?
#4. Is the Frey CC really in this league?

Back