TREK Domane+ 2019, thoughts, price, issue?

Well, I guess it is incredibly "under powered" if the rider is obese and looking for a motorcycle instead of a bike. Let's see, something that weighs at least 55 pounds or more and goes a minimum of 45 miles an hour. Yup, that would be the perfect "bicycle".

Hi tegnamo, thanks for your reply. I am well aware of the speed limit restriction in the EU so im hoping if anyone has had experience/proof if they've hacked this motor specifically (Bosch Performance Cruise) to bypass he speed limit of 15mph.

also here's the link - https://www.blazingbikes.co.uk/index.php/bikes/ebike-bikes/trek-domane-2019.html
scroll down and the see the specs. If what you say is correct then maybe its a typo on the website.

Sorry but your post has some of inaccuracies. The lower performance Bosch Cruise motor without shift detection is found on very few bikes, mostly rear hub geared crusier type bikes. There is a Performance CX mostly found on mountain bikes that limit out at either 15mph or 20mph depending on legal limits in a particular country. The Performance Speed limits out at 45kph or 28mph. In the EU 45 mph bikes are legal but must be insured and licensed as vehicles with lit license plates and brake lights. In most cases they can only be ridden on roads rather than bike paths.

Also you cite a UK web site as proof of EU limits. In the UK there is a 15mph limit on all ebikes that does not apply in the EU.

The EU is also now requiring the manufacturers to install software that will detect any hacks, dongles or other hardware/software that removes the assisted speed caps on Class 1 bikes, effectively turning them in to class 3 bikes. There is some confusion on whether that means they brick the motor or report the modification to a dealer and Bosch when the bike gets a firmware update and thereby void the warranty but the bike still runs.

Last edited:
Regarding the Cruise motor, it's the Performance Cruise, which is like a Performance Speed motor but limited to 25kph.

And many countries in the EU (let's say EU generally speaking) do have speed limits if you're not certifying the eBike as a moped. Uncertified it can go up to 25kph, but with type approval it can do 45kph.

Well, I guess it is incredibly "under powered" if the rider is obese and looking for a motorcycle instead of a bike. Let's see, something that weighs at least 55 pounds or more and goes a minimum of 45 miles an hour. Yup, that would be the perfect "bicycle".

Oh a lot of fazua payed reviewers...hmmm instersting.

Well If you ride a 28mph e road bike like a Domane , you would not give a single flook wether that fazaua cornucopia is Made by Nasa or by aliens...
It’s simply an underperforming system made for doing small errands on bike , 5-10mile rides ,grocery shopping, a ebike for the casual onserver like you guys who can be easily fooled(hey it’s Made in Germaniiiiiii !!! ) . Yea right...,

We are talking here about Domane level e road bikes ... like the Speciaized Creo and like i said Bulls Falcon, or BMC ALpine
But i bet that most of you even debating that , that inferior system is worthy of consideration have any resources or experince on the road.

Okay, so it seems you really just hate the concept of a lower-powered system. I think that's the root of your anger 😂 and not the made-in-China stuff.

Don't worry, Trek will have both Fazua and Bosch so everyone can be happy (or would you prefer we are all super angry?).

Okay, so it seems you really just hate the concept of a lower-powered system. I think that's the root of your anger 😂 and not the made-in-China stuff.

Don't worry, Trek will have both Fazua and Bosch so everyone can be happy (or would you prefer we are all super angry?).

No, you can’t go too far on that system. And like i said is underpowered. It probably does 15-20miles long rides in ideal conditions.

Strong Headwind, many hills, with a 250watts only battery ? 7-8miles maybe ...
The ebike is still 4-5grand. Why not get a faster ebike with a BIG battery then ??
Is better to put 30lb of weight on an analog rode bike and ride it instead.

Yes Trek and Bulls, both have the low end system and the Faster one with 625 wh or 500wh battery. Their sales will reflect what customer like. People bought the Domane for those reasons- is fast, has enough juice...and in 2020 is even faster, lighter , plenty of juice😉

You can go pretty far on it, if you're willing to work (that's the point of it). Like, 60 miles on lowest assist, maybe 30-40 on max assist. Because it's not high-speed nor high power, you spend more time using your own legs, especially on gradual downhills where you're faster than the assist speed. You wind up asking for its help much less frequently. I've spent a lot of time riding the Fazua system :)

There is yet another scenario where the lightly powered bikes can be useful. Using the power for light assist on hills or in headwinds and riding the bike without any electric assistance for most of the ride. Not really as a full powered ebike but one that can give an electric boost for certain conditions. Essentially a lighter weight, more lightly powered bike for an experienced, fit rider to keep from aging off their favored style road bikes.

But why would someone pay 6grand for something less powerful, with less range when can get the better Deal going all in ?

example:

Bianchi Aria road ebike Fazua-6499$

Trek Domane eroad bike- 6.000$.

Is like choosing an Iphone 5 over an Iphone 10 or 11 or 7 or 8 or even 6...
Or any other material thing for that matter- car, laptop, etc... you want better , longer range battery, etc...

Ebiker101 I think your missing the point of a ebike, the fazua & the ebikemotion motors are designed for fitter cyclist who need just a little help.
Hence why those bikes are so light, compared to a mid drive system.
Not all people need up to 80nm torque & 500 wh battery,I know people on a Orbea who get up to 100miles on one charge with a 250wh battery.
i can get close to 100 on my domane + & that’s more than I need so the bike suits me.
i know over in the old US that everything has to be big, but it’s not for everyone.

Ebiker101 I think your missing the point of a ebike, the fazua & the ebikemotion motors are designed for fitter cyclist who need just a little help.
Hence why those bikes are so light, compared to a mid drive system.
Not all people need up to 80nm torque & 500 wh battery,I know people on a Orbea who get up to 100miles on one charge with a 250wh battery.
i can get close to 100 on my domane + & that’s more than I need so the bike suits me.
i know over in the old US that everything has to be big, but it’s not for everyone.

There’s no 80nm or even 40nm case of this system. Is all misleading info about tq levels.
Anyway the markets and customers will choose and reflect the needs.

You already choosed the Domane+ , i am about to make the same smart decision 👌like yourself with the 2020model.

Oh and one other thing- the 250watts batery can only be charged at max. 2 maybe 3amps b/c of the low amps(8.6amps).

The 500watt can take 6amps maybe 6.2. Sometimes we need a fast charge on the road.

The new 2020 one will have the Lighter Bosch (2lb lighter), and a 625wh battery. Is avlb. To place order in December.
Trek has 2stores in Nyc and that’s where the info is from.

I’m glad i didn’t fall for the early experimental model. Now it will probably be sold 2-2.5k max. As an used ebike or maybe 3k new in a few months.
Nobody will buy it since it’s technology will be so obsolete !! Only the lightest and the best.

So next year top road ebikes are :

1) Specialized Creo - apparently it is sold out or the 16.000$ model of 250units is sold out. Not sure.
380wh+120wh spare-500wh.

28lb Sexy beast.

9k for Aluminum version.

2) Trek Domane -625wh, Bosch 2020motor.

Weight ?? Not sure.

6-7k for the CARbon version

3) BULLS Falcon -500wh, Bosch 2020motor. Alu frame , but a VERY sexy red beast.

I personally like the Bulls for it’s sturdiness, 28mph speed. And Brilliant color scheme. And price 5-6k.

All other eroad bikes will have the cheaply made incredibly Underpowered Chinese Fazua system.
Can’t find the 2020 trek with Bosch only a fazua motor & comes with Ultegra 😀.

There’s no 80nm or even 40nm case of this system. Is all misleading info about tq levels.
Anyway the markets and customers will choose and reflect the needs.

You already choosed the Domane+ , i am about to make the same smart decision 👌like yourself with the 2020model.

Oh and one other thing- the 250watts batery can only be charged at max. 2 maybe 3amps b/c of the low amps(8.6amps).

The 500watt can take 6amps maybe 6.2. Sometimes we need a fast charge on the road.
I believe even the lowest tier of these batteries can be safely charged at 1C and at 0.5C they should have good cycle life.

However 250wh will probably limit your range depending on the assist level.

I believe even the lowest tier of these batteries can be safely charged at 1C and at 0.5C they should have good cycle life.

However 250wh will probably limit your range depending on the assist level.

I use a Grin charger and it does half of the battery amperage. On my 48/12.6 it regularly charges at 6.2ah .
Is the only fast charger >5amps around. Besides maybe fAst chargers from aliexpress but I wouldn’t trust those.
Could be the BMS limiting also.

Can’t find the 2020 trek with Bosch only a fazua motor & comes with Ultegra 😀.

That’s for the Limited 18mph speed European market !

Seriously you all should protest and demand this to be reversed . And now the companies are installing software that doesn’t allow you to delimit the ebike.
PleasE do that to the cars too !!

See Bosch 2020 software delimit block.

In the US i spoke with the Trek dealer : 625 wh battery and the lighter Bosch ; taking orders in December. It will be on their website soon.

I can ship you one in January for 1k fee shipping and handling surcharge😉.

eBiker, whenever you're riding your car you'll see many SUVs but you'll also see some small sport cars like Miatas. For the price they paid they could have bought a big SUV that is faster and holds more passengers and luggage, but it wouldn't handle in the same way out give you the same driving experience. That, in a nutshell, is the light weight ebike appeal. It's obviously not for you and may never be as big a part of the total market, but if the choice wasn't there a lot of people wouldn't want to use an ebike. It's not a US-EU thing as much as a light bike, heavy bike thing.

Back