Trek Allant+7 tube protection.

Ckbtvl

I know that this has been discussed, but after 40 minutes i can’t find it. What is out there to put in or over the battery compartment while i carry the battery in the car. I want to keep it dry / dust free. The Trek version is 100.00 and I will tape on a garbage bag first. Both bikes are finally at the dealers, waiting in the bike carrier to appear To get them home. starting to look pretty here in WV, so they had better get movin’!

Hey, maybe this is what you were wanting. I bought both on Amazon. (not sure how to get link to work so I'll just type it in:
*Battery Cover Tube - Universal Down Tube Battery for into the frame built -in rechargeable batteries.
* Bosch Battery Contact pin cover BDU2xx BDU3xx

I don't take my bike battery out when traveling normal paved roads on my car rack and haven't had a prob but when we start taking them on the back of the RV which is much rougher, I'll remove the battery and use these two items. Also, someone else said they use cling wrap over the battery cover to help it stay on and decrease water intrusion while the battery is off.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

If all else fails, while you wait to figure out, source and get one shipped, some Saran Press-n-Seal works well to keep the dirt and moisture out. I keep a roll of it in the back of our vehicle for just that. A strip of duct tape so secure the loose edge works.

I know that this has been discussed, but after 40 minutes i can’t find it. What is out there to put in or over the battery compartment while i carry the battery in the car. I want to keep it dry / dust free. The Trek version is 100.00 and I will tape on a garbage bag first. Both bikes are finally at the dealers, waiting in the bike carrier to appear To get them home. starting to look pretty here in WV, so they had better get movin’!
How about just a simple Ziploc bag?

How about just a simple Ziploc bag?
Ziplocks work for covering the display, but I've never seen one big enough for the whole battery compartment. Someone made a cover by cutting a piece from an old wetsuit (also neoprene ) to ride in cold weather but I can't remember who.

Ziplocks work for covering the display, but I've never seen one big enough for the whole battery compartment. Someone made a cover by cutting a piece from an old wetsuit (also neoprene ) to ride in cold weather but I can't remember who.
Sorry. I misread your post. I thought you were looking to cover the battery while out of the bike.
How about just a wrap of say, neoprene, with a few velcro straps to secure it?
The straps are easily found. They're used for cable management in stereo or computer stores.

No worries. I'm not the OP, anyway. Just adding a comment .

Hey, maybe this is what you were wanting. I bought both on Amazon. (not sure how to get link to work so I'll just type it in:
*Battery Cover Tube - Universal Down Tube Battery for into the frame built -in rechargeable batteries.
* Bosch Battery Contact pin cover BDU2xx BDU3xx

I don't take my bike battery out when traveling normal paved roads on my car rack and haven't had a prob but when we start taking them on the back of the RV which is much rougher, I'll remove the battery and use these two items. Also, someone else said they use cling wrap over the battery cover to help it stay on and decrease water intrusion while the battery is off.

Hope this is what you were looking for.
Thanks all. I saw what you have all suggested on Amazon, but it just did not look correct. An old mind at work. I perceived that there was a tube insert that took the place of the battery when out. Dallant, have you had any issues with batteries when traveling? We live in WV where they name the potholes there are so many, so I plan on traveling with batteries inside the car.

If all else fails, while you wait to figure out, source and get one shipped, some Saran Press-n-Seal works well to keep the dirt and moisture out. I keep a roll of it in the back of our vehicle for just that. A strip of duct tape so secure the loose edge works.
Brilliant and easy!

Thanks all. I saw what you have all suggested on Amazon, but it just did not look correct. An old mind at work. I perceived that there was a tube insert that took the place of the battery when out. Dallant, have you had any issues with batteries when traveling? We live in WV where they name the potholes there are so many, so I plan on traveling with batteries inside the car.
Not sure what you mean by “issues”. I guess the answer would be no, at least so far. I take them out as suggested by Bosch/Trek. Then I cover the battery compartments (only if there is wet weather) with the FAHRER covers. The two batteries are carried in my metal toolbox wrapped in fiberglass matting. I think of it as a convenient carrying case with a cushioned matting that should also slow any potential fire concerns.

Attachments

• F1CDCFD0-82CC-4818-A0BE-A0099487E8A5.jpeg
    F1CDCFD0-82CC-4818-A0BE-A0099487E8A5.jpeg
    743.4 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Back