TranzX DP15 / DP27 Ebike Display Settings

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, to compliment some of the past and upcoming IZIP and Raleigh reviews, I filmed a short display panel guide while visiting the Accell Group in Southern California.

In the video below, I show how to enter the range menu, explain how walk mode would work if it was enabled, and discuss the amp control settings aka "power trim" (so you can raise or lower the motor power and create a zippier or more efficient experience). Many electric bikes that use this display panel have an optional throttle accessory (a button pad or trigger throttle) and I explain how that attaches and functions.

While this display is not removable or easy to swivel, the screen is very small and does not present the same glare issues as many larger screens. I really appreciate how this control pad features water-sealed buttons, a bright numeric readout, and includes a Mini-USB port on the right side. This port probably outputs 5 amps at 500 milliamps for use with portable electronics and smartphones. I did not love how you first have to activate the battery pack before turning the display on. This two-step process takes more time and could require some bending and reaching if you forget to activate the pack first before mounting the bike. I also feel that the three-color battery indicator is not nearly as precise or easy to interpret as an LCD infographic or percentage readout.

Navigation aids:
  • How to get a range estimate (relative to the selected level of assist) 0:45
  • How to change units from miles to kilometers at 1:01
  • How to activate walk mode and optional throttle at 1:20
  • How to activate lights at 2:18
  • How to adjust amp output (power trim) at 2:29

Quick tips:
  • The battery level is indicated by one of three colors: Green for full, Yellow for half-full, Red for nearly empty
  • The current level of assist is indicated by four red LED bars
  • The buttons on the remote button pad include: +, -, and Power but you have to power the battery pack on before the display will activate
  • To change units from miles to kilometers, hold + and - simultaneously for a few seconds
  • To activate walk mode, press the minus key until all four bars are empty (basically zero level of assist) and you will see a green blinking light, now hold the minus key (note that walk mode is disabled for many ebike products and may not work. If you add the optional button or trigger throttle, the bike needs to be in level zero or moving 2+ miles per hour for the throttle to function (as shown in the video at 1:59)
  • Activate lights (many IZIP and Raleigh ebikes come pre-wired for lights or have them pre-installed) just hold the + button
  • To enter the power trim settings, hold the power button and + together for a couple of seconds and then go from 0 to 9 to lower or raise the amp output, the default is 5 which offers 15% current difference +/-
The official TranzX website lists other displays and some specifications at: http://tranzx.com/?lang=en/#display and I have attached some screenshots below, in case the site changes or goes down eventually. I also included some photos of the guidebook that IZIP provided to me as well as a photo of the display itself. Your own feedback, tips, and corrections are always welcome :)

tranzx-dp27-ebike-display-manual-1.jpgtranzx-dp27-ebike-display-manual-2.jpgtranzx-dp27-ebike-display-manual-3.jpg

tranzx-dp27-electric-bike-display-settings.jpgofficial-tranzx-display-panel-website-screenshot.jpg

Thanks for that informative video tutorial, Court. My wife's 2017 Raleigh Sprite IE has that display, and the instructions don't mention half of what you presented here. :)

Thanks so much for this information. It was because of the ability to adjust the power trim that I purchased a 2017 Raleigh Sprite IE. I LOVE the bike! I tried several others but could not find an electric bike that would enable me to ride with my non-electric cycling husband. The Sprite IE comes preset at power level 5 and I found it difficult to get enough exercise because, at that power level, it requires almost no torque to activate the pedal assist. Power level 1 is perfect for biking with my husband. And it still has plenty of pedal assist for climbing the steep hills in our mountainous terrain. I found out about the ability to adjust the "power trim" on an EBR video. But none of the Raleigh bike distributors that I spoke to were aware of this feature! I had to show my local bike shop how to adjust the power trim and they were very excited to learn about it. The 2018 Sprite IE bikes still have this wonderful feature, but, unfortunately, the 2019 models have discontinued it.

Greetings.
Thanks for all the helpful tips !
Question - Adding lights to a 2018 Izip E3 Vibe+. In the video you mention to hold the Plus button for lights to come on.
I mounted front and tail light on bike but having trouble getting the to come on.
Anyone has some helpful advice?
Thanks so much
RJM

Are you using 6v lights? If the lights you mounted require a higher voltage they will most likely not light. You can check the output voltage from the controller at the connector with a volt/ohm meter .

Izip/Raleigh 6 volt lights.

ORDER TOTAL
US $12.52
Free shipping
Order E Bike LED Lamp 6V Taillight BAFANG Mid Drive Motor Rear LightLeave feedbackView order details
More actions

1 item sold by greeneria2018

E Bike LED Lamp 6V Headlight Taillight BAFANG Mid Drive Motor Front Rear Light
( 173699904377 )
Color: Tailight
(this has the connectors alreay on the wires needed to plug in)

ORDER DATE
Mar 26, 2019

ORDER TOTAL
US $19.12
+ US $6.41
shipping
Order Axa Led Headlight " Blueline 30 E-Bike " 6 Volt DcLeave feedbackWrite a review
More actions

1 item sold by balticscooter

Axa Led Headlight " Blueline 30 E-Bike " 6 Volt Dc
( 272790352168 )

Estimated delivery Mon, Apr 01 - Wed, Apr 17

This item has been shipped.

(Same with the headlight)

ITEM PRICE:
US $19.12

Hey guys, to compliment some of the past and upcoming IZIP and Raleigh reviews, I filmed a short display panel guide while visiting the Accell Group in Southern California.

In the video below, I show how to enter the range menu, explain how walk mode would work if it was enabled, and discuss the amp control settings aka "power trim" (so you can raise or lower the motor power and create a zippier or more efficient experience). Many electric bikes that use this display panel have an optional throttle accessory (a button pad or trigger throttle) and I explain how that attaches and functions.

While this display is not removable or easy to swivel, the screen is very small and does not present the same glare issues as many larger screens. I really appreciate how this control pad features water-sealed buttons, a bright numeric readout, and includes a Mini-USB port on the right side. This port probably outputs 5 amps at 500 milliamps for use with portable electronics and smartphones. I did not love how you first have to activate the battery pack before turning the display on. This two-step process takes more time and could require some bending and reaching if you forget to activate the pack first before mounting the bike. I also feel that the three-color battery indicator is not nearly as precise or easy to interpret as an LCD infographic or percentage readout.

Navigation aids:
  • How to get a range estimate (relative to the selected level of assist) 0:45
  • How to change units from miles to kilometers at 1:01
  • How to activate walk mode and optional throttle at 1:20
  • How to activate lights at 2:18
  • How to adjust amp output (power trim) at 2:29

Quick tips:
  • The battery level is indicated by one of three colors: Green for full, Yellow for half-full, Red for nearly empty
  • The current level of assist is indicated by four red LED bars
  • The buttons on the remote button pad include: +, -, and Power but you have to power the battery pack on before the display will activate
  • To change units from miles to kilometers, hold + and - simultaneously for a few seconds
  • To activate walk mode, press the minus key until all four bars are empty (basically zero level of assist) and you will see a green blinking light, now hold the minus key (note that walk mode is disabled for many ebike products and may not work. If you add the optional button or trigger throttle, the bike needs to be in level zero or moving 2+ miles per hour for the throttle to function (as shown in the video at 1:59)
  • Activate lights (many IZIP and Raleigh ebikes come pre-wired for lights or have them pre-installed) just hold the + button
  • To enter the power trim settings, hold the power button and + together for a couple of seconds and then go from 0 to 9 to lower or raise the amp output, the default is 5 which offers 15% current difference +/-
The official TranzX website lists other displays and some specifications at: http://tranzx.com/?lang=en/#display and I have attached some screenshots below, in case the site changes or goes down eventually. I also included some photos of the guidebook that IZIP provided to me as well as a photo of the display itself. Your own feedback, tips, and corrections are always welcome :)

View attachment 20703View attachment 20704View attachment 20705

View attachment 20702View attachment 20701
Can I use this instead of the Cobi system on my Haibike Urban Plus???? The Cobi system is a brick and I haven't been able to ride the bike for years!

Can I use this instead of the Cobi system on my Haibike Urban Plus???? The Cobi system is a brick and I haven't been able to ride the bike for years!
I don't think so... since the COBI system was purchased by Bosch (and I suspect that your Haibike has a Bosch drive system), your best bet is to switch to the Purion, Intuvia, Kiox, or Nyon dysplay panels. You can ask a shop for help with this, but will need to pay for the upgraded part. It should be compatible, and I'd probably go with the Purion personally.

I don't think so... since the COBI system was purchased by Bosch (and I suspect that your Haibike has a Bosch drive system), your best bet is to switch to the Purion, Intuvia, Kiox, or Nyon dysplay panels. You can ask a shop for help with this, but will need to pay for the upgraded part. It should be compatible, and I'd probably go with the Purion personally.
Yes you can, I've been using the dp27 on my urban plus since 2018, the cobi system just never worked right, it was very easy to change over & has worked great no problems at all. What I want to know is will the thumb throttle from the Izip bikes with the tranzx motor work on my haibike urban plus? If I can get part # just to order one & try it! If it works it would make my bike perfect!
Thanks

Back