Took Delivery of Aventon Level Today

Brian, I was not charged tax in Virginia. I've included two pics of my Fomtor adjustable stem, and a stock photo of the standard stem that comes with the Level. I am going to rotate the angle even higher on my next ride as I still want to sit more upright. As you can see from the degree markers I still have a good ways to rotate the handle bars higher and closer to me. I have it set at 35 and can rotate all the way to 90. The 35 adjustment was a marked improvement for me over the stock stem.
Tom
I just received this same stem for my Level but couldn't get it to go down onto the frame enough...almost like another 'O' ring was needed. Did you experience this and if so, what did you do? Maybe I didn't loosen things enough to get it all the way down on the frame?

Last edited:
Tom
I just received this same stem for my Level but couldn't get it to go down onto the frame enough...almost like another 'O' ring was needed. Did you experience this and if so, what did you do? Maybe I didn't loosen things enough to get it all the way down on the frame?
I did not have to do anything as I recall. I will take a look at mine tomorrow and double check

Has anyone tried, or found it necessary, to "trim the fat" on the Level? 13 pound difference, on paper, between the Pace and the Level. I like the geometry of the Level more than the Pace, but I like a lighter weight bike.

For example, I think those stock tires, if I found the right model, are over 1000 grams a piece. If you were comfortable with changing flats, didn't need overkill puncture protection, you could drop nearly a pound on each tire.

A suspension fork is a very good idea at 28 MPH top speed, so I could justify that. Level comes with rack and fenders - fenders are less interesting where I live with 300 days of sunshine a year. The battery is probably the biggest contributor, not much you can do there.

Back