Tire Repair Kit tools etc suggestion

Does the Pump have to fit me tires? these are the tires on my bike Kenda K1088 Tire 700C x 45C (45-622) Where do you store all of these ?

Everything fits in the trunk bag or panniers. The tool kit is very small, picture makes it look big, but about 3.75"x2"x1.5" inches. Any quality pump will work as long as it works with the air valve your bike uses, Schrader or Presta. The tube repair kit is very small, maybe 1"x2.25"x0.5" and the tire boots about the size and thickness of a credit card.

Everything fits in the trunk bag or panniers. The tool kit is very small, picture makes it look big, but about 3.75"x2"x1.5" inches. Any quality pump will work as long as it works with the air valve your bike uses, Schrader or Presta. The tube repair kit is very small, maybe 1"x2.25"x0.5" and the tire boots about the size and thickness of a credit card.
Can you recommend a good trunk bag

I've been using a Bontrager (Trek's house brand) bag designed to click into their rack. It's called the Interchange, I think. I bought it 6 years ago. I like some of the bags by Topeak, Ortlieb and Ibera. There's a lot to choose from these days. If you have any bike shops or a REI nearby, it would be good to see them person. I purchased the trunk bag and rack in a store. 2 sets of panniers online. I've also purchased a top tube bag and several under saddle bags. All from different vendors.

Depends on if you want to repair a tube on the trail, or just pick out the offender from the tire and slip in a new tube. Repair the tube in the A/C of the house this time of year! A flashlight is also good in the kit to help find thorns or broken glass in the tire. I carry something similar to this. Fits under the top tube or on the seat post. https://www.amazon.com/Mini-bike-re...iangular+bag&qid=1562170072&s=gateway&sr=8-10

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 1.15.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 1.15.43 PM.png
    305.7 KB · Views: 371
Is that the bag ebikekit (.com) used to use? Maybe they still do? If it is, it's tough as nails. Heavy duty material.
I've only seen it from ebikes.ca
They're habitually out of stock.
I'm glad it came up as it inspired me to find a new source. But YES, this one is as tough or tougher than any other I've seen.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 1.13.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 1.13.05 PM.png
    678.5 KB · Views: 337
There is also a ludicrous assortment of stuff that is in the "nice to have, but don't need to have" category that goes in a small saddlebag. On a longer trip I'm more likely to bring some of this stuff:
  • Sharpie to mark holes in tubes -- a silver one is best, but a yellow one works fine too
  • Tire pressure gauge
  • Fiberfix spoke repair kit
  • Quick links to fix your chain
  • Some rack and fender bolts
  • Brake pads
  • Electrical tape
  • Cable ties
  • Small tube of rubber cement or shoe goo
  • Small tube of loctite adhesive (Blue is best, Purple is okay)
  • Tire boot (Canadian $5 bill is best, but you can Macguyver one from a ziplock bag, candy wrapper, or a business card).
  • Shop towels, or a rag
  • Nitrile rubber gloves
  • Chain lubricant
  • Small locking-blade pocketknife

As mentioned earlier, a pair of nitrile gloves is great. Replacing tubes or fixing a chain can be filthy, greasy work.

I've also started carrying one of these split tubes. The idea being that to put a new tube in you don't have to remove the wheel (I have a hub motor, fenders etc that makes wheel remove slow). Of course, you need a knife to cut out the old tube if it's not already a split version. Haven't had to use it yet. Probably the best investment is modern puncture resistant tires.
https://gaadi.de/?lang=en

Not to beat this dead horse into the ground, but here are a couple of other thoughts:
  • The cheapest, lightest, and most reliable tools are the ones you'll never need. So make sure you keep up on proper maintenance of your bike and in particular pay extra attention to things where there is no way you could repair them in the field.
  • On a similar note, consider things like self-sealing tubes, tire liners, and flat-resistant tires. And also consider aggressively replacing tires (depending on how and where you ride this may be from 1500 to 3000 miles) before they start giving you lots of flats.
  • Practice taking the wheels, in particular the rear wheel, off at home before you need to do it on a highway shoulder at night during a rainstorm. If you purchased your bike from a brick-and-mortar bike shop have them show you how to take the wheels off and put them back on. You can also dig around on youtube for videos that will walk you through the process.
As a special bonus, I'll add a few things I doubt I will ever carry:
  • Bottom bracket or headset tools. Enormous wrenches are needed to disassemble or assemble these bike parts. If I have a bottom bracket or headset failure I will limp to the nearest bike shop and have them fix it. When you get your bike serviced or service it at home it is good to check these parts and make sure they are properly tightened.
  • Brake cable or derailleur cables. The advent of internally routed cables and hydraulic brakes makes these repairs at best sketchy and typically hopeless in the field. So again make sure everything is well-checked out when you service your bike.
  • Chain whip or cassette removal tool. Again, if I have a mechanical where I need to fix these in the field I have already terribly screwed up and it is likely best to get a wheelbarrow and push my bike to the nearest bike shop.
  • Spare spokes. In general spoke failures happen for three reasons, in order of decreasing probability. The most likely cause of spoke failure is a poorly made wheel or defective spokes; in that case the only solution is to rebuild the wheel and/or replace the spokes. The second most likely situation is that one spoke on the wheel becomes too loose or too tight, which will cause the stresses on the wheel to be applied asymmetrically which eventually leads to a spoke breaking. In this case you will usually have lots of warning and can get yourself home or to a bike shop to get that wheel fixed. The least likely situation is that you did something awful with your bike like rode it down a flight of stairs -- although usually this will just cause one or two spokes to get loose and then you still have a bit of time before a spoke will actually fail. Usually. So again when you service your bike make sure your wheels are true and if you notice a wobble get it fixed.
  • Fork pump. Again I check the fork about once a month and give it a little more air if I think it is necessary. There really isn't a reason to do this in the field and if you need to check it more often than that you've got a sick fork.
  • Pedal wrench. In a fix I'll use the Knipex but in practice I have never needed one in the field. If I were in a travel situation where I had to box the bike to put it on a train or bus I might consider bringing one.

As mentioned earlier, a pair of nitrile gloves is great. Replacing tubes or fixing a chain can be filthy, greasy work.

I've also started carrying one of these split tubes. The idea being that to put a new tube in you don't have to remove the wheel (I have a hub motor, fenders etc that makes wheel remove slow). Of course, you need a knife to cut out the old tube if it's not already a split version. Haven't had to use it yet. Probably the best investment is modern puncture resistant tires.
https://gaadi.de/?lang=en
Do you know where you can purchase these? I have Kenda K1088 Tire 700C x 45C (45-622)

Do you know where you can purchase these? I have Kenda K1088 Tire 700C x 45C (45-622)

This tire should fit and is a better tire, I think:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwalbe...rd-Cross-Hybrid-Bike-Tire-Wire-Bead/831367688

If you dig around for Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS 440 tires you should be able to find one. I recommend having a bike shop order the right tire for you, largely because there is a lot of fan-out in tire models (the big two you care about are different kinds of flat protection and you'll want a tire made for e-bikes) that isn't immediately obvious to a civilian.

This tire should fit and is a better tire, I think:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Schwalbe...rd-Cross-Hybrid-Bike-Tire-Wire-Bead/831367688

If you dig around for Schwalbe Marathon Plus HS 440 tires you should be able to find one. I recommend having a bike shop order the right tire for you, largely because there is a lot of fan-out in tire models (the big two you care about are different kinds of flat protection and you'll want a tire made for e-bikes) that isn't immediately obvious to a civilian.
Oh no Im looking for just the tubes in case of a flat :) thank you tho

Back