Time from order to delivery.

I just ordered one last Friday, and as of then the dealer said R&M was advising an end of March production date. After that it would be ~1 week via air, or 6 if by sea to ship it to the east coast USA.

I think that depends on the model you order. I was told the Multicharger Mixte I ordered may come sometime in April since I ordered the specialized lock. They seem to do production runs on different models so once you order, depending on certain options, these items can be back ordered, hence delayed.

I jumped and ordered as soon as I heard when 2021 orders could be place back in September. So 8 months for me but if you ordered now then 4 months.

Depends on what model and configuration you order. The new/updated models like the Roadster, Packster 70, and Homage have been repeatedly delayed compared to the models that didn't change much from MY2020.

I have a 2021 Superdelite Mountain Rohloff arriving (Australia) this week, ordered at the start of September 2020. This bike is replacing my 2020 Delite GX Fox ordered at the same time of the year (start of September 2019), which arrived mid January 2020. So 1-2 weeks difference in delivery time for the 2 bikes, one pre-COVID, the other with COVID full swing.

There was no change to the 2021 SD Mountain, so I think @JVBulman is on the money.

I have a 2021 Superdelite Mountain Rohloff arriving (Australia) this week, ordered at the start of September 2020. This bike is replacing my 2020 Delite GX Fox ordered at the same time of the year (start of September 2019), which arrived mid January 2020. So 1-2 weeks difference in delivery time for the 2 bikes, one pre-COVID, the other with COVID full swing.

There was no change to the 2021 SD Mountain, so I think @JVBulman is on the money.
Hey @Jay Kay did your SD mountain rohloff arrive last week? I've been waiting for mine, though I think through a different bike shop than yours (Brisbane, that's the closest one for me, despite being 400km away). It was initially due early Jan, then late Jan and still no news from it 🙀

It arrived a couple of weeks ago @bmatt and loving it! It sat in customs for 2-3 weeks.

Attachments

• B6E77199-1953-4BD1-95EF-F1FBC96767FA.jpeg
    B6E77199-1953-4BD1-95EF-F1FBC96767FA.jpeg
    940.3 KB · Views: 444
I can imagine you've already put the bike through its paces! That's a good looking bike! Congratulations!

Yeah, I have bent a pedal on a rock already lol. It is way more playful off road than I expected, compared to my Delite GX with Fox. Subtle geometry changes and the Nobby Nic 27.5 tyres is all it took. Lets hope yours arrives in the next week or two!

Yeah, I have bent a pedal on a rock already lol. It is way more playful off road than I expected, compared to my Delite GX with Fox. Subtle geometry changes and the Nobby Nic 27.5 tyres is all it took. Lets hope yours arrives in the next week or two!
I received mine this weekend!! Strangely mine came in with Hans Dampf tyres ...

Congratulations!

That kind of implies it is the 2020 model - no change from the 2021 model other than the Tyres as far as I can make out, and a slight increase in the down tube battery from 500 to 625. What is your batter capacity?.

Definitely get some Tannus Tyre Armour installed. They improve the ride, puncture resistance and you can run lower pressure if you want too.

Ah! That would explain that. 1125Wh (500+625) ...

Thank you for the Tannus suggestion, definitely the next thing to do on my list, that's a very good idea.

Ok it’s definitely the 2021 model, but it looks like you got the last of the Hans Dampf. Post a photo when you can.

It's strange because the marketing photography on R&M site has the bike with the HD tyres but states Nobby Nic on the specs ... :)

sd-mountain-first-ride - 1.jpeg

I need to learn more about tyres, I wasn't sure, more confusion rather than worry. It's good news then ;-) (thank you Stefan). And, to be honest, these massive tyres are so much larger than the ones I have on my acoustic hardtail, I was surprised. Of course, one has to account for the added weight in an eMTB, but still ...

After some time ridden on Hans Dampf, Matt, and with growing experience, you might find yourself riding more on-road than off-road. I predict you might end up with Johnny Watts :) My own experience is I ride more than 50% on-road with my e-MTB (otherwise, I would need to carry my bike to trails every time). My e-MTB was originally equipped with aggressive Maxxis "downhill" tyres (similar to Schwalbe HD). First, I changed them to less aggressive "trail" Rekon. Now, I strongly consider going for Johnny Watts that are silent on-road and good enough for mild off-road...

How many months/weeks are people experiencing for a Riese Muller bike delivery at this time. Thanks
I ordered a Multicharger Vario on November 3rd, 2020 through a local bike shop; I gave them $1,000. deposit. Shop guy told me that R&M would not be building the Multicharger line until some time in February 2021. Around February 23rd I was alerted that my bike was built and would likely arrive in Toronto late March or early April. To my pleasure, the bike arrived in March and I picked it up on March 19th.
This is a big, heavy bike; bit of a learning curve for me as it is my first eBike and certainly is the longest and heaviest bike I've owned. This bike feels very sturdy (I'm a big guy so I wanted a solid bike) and I wonder if it is not a bit over-engineered. Not-withstanding, I've only had it for about 2 weeks and thus far, I'm really pleased.

Attachments

• R&M Multicharger March 2021.JPG
    R&M Multicharger March 2021.JPG
    822.4 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:
Back