Ti On One Hardtail BBS HD Build - Complete

Driverwanted

Region
Canada
I say done … waiting for my thomson seatpost collar to arrive on Friday but the rest is 100% ! Test drive tomorrow can’t wait !

Awwww so heart broken… brought the bike up this am from my workshop in the basement for its maiden voyage and the rear brake leaver is tight as hell , if I squeeze it hard it locks the back wheel , took off the wheel and pushed in the pistons , put it back on , leaver is stil mega tight.

It worked fine last night now is crazy - how would this happen , I could see them getting spongier with something in the fluid but tighter ??

They are deore xt m8120’s

Thoughts ?

Two thoughts come to mind...

1) There is a burr on one of the pistons?
2) You got something in there like sand or a metal chip that's binding up?

I've never had to deal with anything like that before... Let me know what you find!

the motor has shifted pinching the line.... :( replaced line - all better - but ran it over top of the bottom bracket to be safe ... still a little noise from the BB area while riding , but its way better than the last bike. 40k so far on it , just getting broken in.

It all needs to go over. Electrical under will cause a welding spark making a hole in the frame while frying the controller. Please do not pry into how I know this. Like a tattoo or nose ring, it seemed like a good idea at the time.

the motor has shifted pinching the line.... :( replaced line - all better - but ran it over top of the bottom bracket to be safe ... still a little noise from the BB area while riding , but its way better than the last bike. 40k so far on it , just getting broken in.
Use a stabilizer.

It all needs to go over. Electrical under will cause a welding spark making a hole in the frame while frying the controller. Please do not pry into how I know this. Like a tattoo or nose ring, it seemed like a good idea at the time.
Sorry - i'm not getting what you are talking about - the brake line goes over the bottom bracket - the electrical doesn't.... ? is that what you mean ?

Definately use a stabilizer, california ebike has a few options.

You build is pretty vague, we would appreciate more details...the more the better
Made one with Hose Clamps , agreed i may upgrade to one of the 2 models like you suggested.

Definately use a stabilizer, california ebike has a few options.

You build is pretty vague, we would appreciate more details...the more the better

Bike is running well now - but here are the specifics....

- On One Vandal Titanium Frame
- Chris King Headset Bearing , and a Marzocchi Z2 Bomber Fork
- Nukeproof Horizon V2 Rims with Schwalbe Johnny Watts Rubber
- Microshift Advent Rear Derailleur and Cassette with Microshift Trigger Shifter
- Deore XT 2 Piston Calipers and Shimano 203mm ICE Rotors
- Cromag Stem , Carbon Handlebars with Fat Paw grips
- BBSHD From Luna Cycle , Upgraded Trigger style Throttle and DPC18 Interface, Shifter/Brake sensor install
- Notched BB so Bafang Pinch flang has a place to dig into. (Ti>Steel) so it doesn't dent with pressure
- Hose clamp around motor and downtube to prevent indexing
- Wiring covered with Silicone self healing tape to clean up look and protect wiring loom
- Lekkie Front Chain ring and motor cover , Lekkie Buzz Bars and Horizon Downhill shin smashing pedals
- Grin Industries Triple Bob and a 21AH 52v Sharkfin Style Battery
- Kinekt Suspension Seatpost with Selle Royal eBike Saddle

Here is one of my Ti builds.

Attachments

• TiMtb2.JPG
    TiMtb2.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 124
  • TiMtb3.JPG
    TiMtb3.JPG
    247.6 KB · Views: 121
  • TiMtb5.JPG
    TiMtb5.JPG
    421.2 KB · Views: 125
  • TiMtb6.JPG
    TiMtb6.JPG
    403.8 KB · Views: 135
Nice build. You will enjoy it. Congrats!
My builds typically look more like these examples. Thanks. Those Vida's are zip tie free. Zoom in to see the routing.

Attachments

• Vida2.JPG
    Vida2.JPG
    425.4 KB · Views: 127
  • Klunker2.JPG
    Klunker2.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Klunker1.JPG
    Klunker1.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 119
  • Gateway.JPG
    Gateway.JPG
    935.7 KB · Views: 119
  • BlackVida1.JPG
    BlackVida1.JPG
    390 KB · Views: 120
  • 625b.JPG
    625b.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 114
I gotta show just one more from two or three weeks ago. Check out the lax geo and clean wires. This is a fun bike. I promise no more after this on this thread. I told it that it has 12.5 inch wheels, so it better keep up. Zoom the final pic. at the downtube. Look mom, now wires!

Attachments

• Roll10 (2).JPG
    Roll10 (2).JPG
    437.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Roll9 (2).JPG
    Roll9 (2).JPG
    315.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Roll8.JPG
    Roll8.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Roll6.JPG
    Roll6.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 113
  • Roll5 (2).JPG
    Roll5 (2).JPG
    544.7 KB · Views: 109
  • BattNeye2.JPG
    BattNeye2.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 109
  • BattNeye.JPG
    BattNeye.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 109
As it goes, my winter bike which i use for bikejoring with my Malamute is similar to the build @Driverwanted has done.

It's been hammered for the past 8 months.

1.jpg
7.jpg
3.jpg
6.jpg

Or did you mean the CF build?

Exodus 1.jpg
Exodus 2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I should add, that paint job on the HT is about to be retired, when the E06 is done the HT will be stripped and repainted ready for winter.

Back