Throttling kills motor

Blackgolem

Okay so I know you guys on here don't like to mess around with people who diy I know that because of lack of response to another query I posted but f*ck it here's another one I have a DIY'ed scooter using a car alternator 36v li-ion battery 10ah capacity problem is that when I give this thing throttle the motor gets I think to much current called for maybe (I'm not learned about these things that's why I'm here to ask questions.) Can anyone point me in the right direction to find out how to correct this I have no scope only a multimeter and time it works just can't throttle faster. I have put hall effect sensors in the motor and it's proper just wonder if I have the right throttle it's for 36-48v motor so what could be the problem anyone can answer, this is my only means of transport HELP!

WHat's the peak current for the controller? A 36V10AH pack that is 10S-4P or higher should be able tp deliver 20A, un;less it's a DIY pack with old cells.

WHat's the peak current for the controller? A 36V10AH pack that is 10S-4P or higher should be able tp deliver 20A, un;less it's a DIY pack with old cells.
Thanks for responding harryS the controller is 38a current limit brushless I built pack from 36v hoverboard batteries tested all to 3.6v did not check current drain of each because technically I confuse self when doing so. I believe throttle can handle 20-30amps controller has speed control but can't seem to wire this throttle either... and not have it work without the motor acting like it's getting too much current or not enough? throttle i use image currently on scooter

Attachments

• Twist throttle.jpg
    Twist throttle.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 233
  • Throttle I use.jpg
    Throttle I use.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 233
If you made your pack from two 36V5AH hoverboard packs and are trying to feed a 38A controller, you won't succeed. Your being here proves it,

My experience with 36V4.4AH hoverboard packs (built with Samsung cells) is that two in parallel will power my 250W ebikes, but if I put them on my bigger fatbike with its 25A controller, using throttle will cause so much voltage sag that the bike shuts down.

This is what I'm starting with and it gets me to store and back I'm new to this no real childhood so moving slowly before maybe more power any advice you could give to help improve my situation would be great. Suggestions? it works well except for the need to gradually throttle up in small increments once going it goes are you suggesting more power? and amp/watt hour battery pack. I really like the alternator and it's torque the controller is suitable for 48v too being as I guess I can run however many volts as needed through it huh it carried me up to pretty steep hills and back " short and sweet is like you say more amps means bigger battery" obviously Or maybe use a boost converter? is there such a thing that can handle 35 amps or is that dumb

Attachments

• IMG_20201128_204340.jpg
    IMG_20201128_204340.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
An alternator is very cool re-use. Landfills must be full of units that don't get rebuilt.

You can do more packs in parallel. Be careful when charging them. A lot of the old ones didn't use their overcharge circuits, so if the charger failed and went over 42 vvolts, the battery was a fire hazard,

Back