The Green Room

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is a river? There is the Herman Hess sense. Then animals such a river otters, salmon, ducks. Rivers require something called water. Without that it is not a river. Water is not wasted in a river and more than oxygen is wasted in the air. Pumping aquifers dry to create unnatural lawn deserts in the deserts is dumb.
View attachment 105800View attachment 105801View attachment 105802View attachment 105803
Here is the bike I made electric today. No backpack. No ugly wires. No visible connectors. No throttle. White Industries and Paul components. 11-sp.
View attachment 105804
Like the San Luis Valley the Pan-Ark deal.

Denver requires only one third as much water as the San Luis Valley to produce a gross domestic product 60 times greater.
There’s tremendously high levels of water lost in antiquated irrigation methods. Farmers still “floodigate”. Look to Israel and companies like Netafim. We’ve treated water like it is an infinite resource.

Last edited:
There’s tremendously levels of water Las in antiquated irrigation methods. Farmers still “floodigate”. Look to Israel and companies like Netafim. We’ve treated water like it is an infinite resource.

Water is an infinite resource Tom, for billions of years. Farmers feed the world without Leftist doom and gloom.

Water is an infinite resource Tom, for billions of years. Farmers feed the world without Leftist doom and gloom.
That's disingenuous. Water is not infinitely available when and where every human (or plant or animal) might decide to use it.

Water is a finite resource: there are some 1 400 million cubic kilometres on earth and circulating through the hydrological cycle. Nearly all of this is salt water and most of the rest is frozen or under ground. Only one-hundredth of 1 percent of the world's water is readily available for human use

Water is an infinite resource Tom, for billions of years.
Well... it would be more accurate to say "Water is an infinite resource forever," but I don't want to quibble about details. In all other respects, that statement is absolutely true, scientific fact. Every molecule can now be counted with pinpoint precision, and if you checked the NOAA website and clicked the tab "Gallons of Water Available on Planet Earth," you used to see the infinity symbol-- until fanatical leftists gained control of the media, and changed it to some finite number.

If you had a bucket the size of Jupiter, and siphoned all the water from planet Earth into it? It would keep on overflowing.

Add another bucket twice the size of Jupiter, that one would overflow, too. Bucket the size of the sun? Same deal. And our oceans would still be full!

I was gonna hit the ignore button-- and I will in a moment-- but I had a feeling that if I stuck around for just a few more posts, our visitors from the troll patrol might deliver a punch line that would actually make me laugh at loud-- and I was NOT disappointed! That was way better than I expected.

"Water is an infinite resource." Thanks, man. That was awesome!

That's disingenuous. Water is not infinitely available when and where every human (or plant or animal) might decide to use it.

Water is a finite resource: there are some 1 400 million cubic kilometres on earth and circulating through the hydrological cycle. Nearly all of this is salt water and most of the rest is frozen or under ground. Only one-hundredth of 1 percent of the world's water is readily available for human use

Yes, it's obvious that "...Water is not infinitely available when and where every human (or plant or animal) might decide to use it." But man has handled local water shortages forever; as George Carlin said, "Go to where the water is".

No matter what the Left wishes, earth's water supply is unlimited and will never run out. Worldwide fresh water rainfall is 120,000 cubic *miles*. Half the distance to the moon at a mile across.

Yet your UN webpage cries "...A world short of water is also an unstable world"; a scientifically false assertion since the world can't be "short of water".

But there *are* local water shortages when governments fail to distribute water to their people. You'd expect the UN to pressure those member states to get their act together. I guess not.

Thank goodness for the climate change disaster increasing rainfall slightly! It's why crop yields are so much better, especially in the third world. Chart from epa.gov.

precipitation_figure1_2021.png

Last edited:
Denver requires only one third as much water as the San Luis Valley to produce a gross domestic product 60 times greater.
Yup, for as long as as the aquifer lasts that is? The Pan-Ark completely altered western slope climate
& watersheds....& not in a good way.

Yippee, We finally have an infrastructure bill! They´re going to fix roads & bridges so they´re safe
for cars & trucks. We can now operate our 4 wheeled deadly weapons with confidence. I don´t
know how much safer bikes & pedestrians will be, but I´m hopeful. Will mass transit now accommodate
bike commuters too? Guess we´ll wait & see. Thanks to all the other squeaky wheels on EBR that
may have contributed to this swift & relevant government achievement.🙄

Search U.S. ground water reserves: (horror show)

john peck

Search U.S. ground water reserves: (horror show)

Let's see. Who is known for being the father of the fight against climate change and promoting Green worldwide. Why, it is Maurice Strong.

"Early on, he also developed an interest in environmental issues, and by 1972 was involved in putting on a major conference in Stockholm under the auspices of the United Nations. Later that year he was appointed by the UN to launch the Environmental Programme, and he moved to Kenya for several years, as it was based in Kenyatta.

In 1978, by then a billionaire, Strong bought the 200,000-acre Baca Ranch in the San Luis Valley. The ranch was part of an old Spanish land grant (Luis Maria Baca Grant No. 4) located between the Great Sand Dunes National Park and the old mining town of Crestone.'

hmmm...nice place...

"By some estimates this aquifer has 50 times the volume of water as the combined capacities of Lake Powell and Lake Mead, or about 200 times the annual flow of the Colorado River.
“The Confined Aquifer is a magnificent water supply that seems to make people go crazy,” Alex Prud’homme observed in his 2011 book, “The Ripple Effect: The Fate of Freshwater in the Twenty-First Century.”
Strong, with others, including former Colorado Gov. Dick Lamm, formed AWDI, with the intent of exporting up to 200,000 acre-feet a year to cities along Colorado’s Front Range."

Oh, and he trashed a protected site in Costa Rica for good measure. Just a sideline.

Last edited:
Will mass transit now accommodate
bike commuters too? Guess we´ll wait & see. Thanks to all the other squeaky wheels on EBR that
may have contributed to this swift & relevant government achievement.🙄
Not related to the infrastructure bill, but I was stoked to see bike racks on an Amtrak train on the northeast corridor run when I went back east to play a few shows. And they were being used!

My guitar does have a backpack case, and my Air B'nB was a couple of miles from the rehearsal and performance space. Maybe if I make that trip next year, I'll travel from NYC with just my road bike, toothbrush, razor, one change of clothes, and guitar-- and avoid having to nag people for rides and using Uber.

Not related to the infrastructure bill, but I was stoked to see bike racks on an Amtrak train on the northeast corridor run when I went back east to play a few shows. And they were being used!

My guitar does have a backpack case, and my Air B'nB was a couple of miles from the rehearsal and performance space. Maybe if I make that trip next year, I'll travel from NYC with just my road bike, toothbrush, razor, one change of clothes, and guitar-- and avoid having to nag people for rides and using Uber.
Think we´ll ever see bike parking for thousands or buses that can carry more than two or three bikes?
Amtrak is a good alternate for distant travel by bike. Air travel is wasteful of fuel & damages the stratosphere.
It would be nice to ride without the threat of being squashed in traffic.

Think we´ll ever see bike parking for thousands or buses that can carry more than two or three bikes?
Amtrak is a good alternate for distant travel by bike. Air travel is wasteful of fuel & damages the stratosphere.
It would be nice to ride without the threat of being squashed in traffic.
I think we can all agree that this is funny. Very funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back