The four best words..

Tiny, You are an inspiration and set the bar high for the rest of us up and coming alte kakers

Tiny, They are really trying my patience. I ordered the bike on February 3rd with air shipping. Supposedly it will be here by early next week. I'll believe it when I see it. People should realize that their great product is diminished when it is not accompanied by great service. The story I get is that the bike has been languishing in customs for almost three weeks, waiting for them to make things right. R&M made paperwork error vis a vis customs and did not bother to expedite the needed corrections. Hopefully I will enjoy the bike enough when it finally arrives to let this unpleasantness fade in memory. At this point my experience with R&M is rather sour.

That is frustrating! The positive thing is you will have a long season to ride your bike. I ordered late last year and never got my Nevo until Sept. 7th. That left a rather short riding season before the snow fell. I had a hitch installed on my Chevrolet Sonic and I bought a Yakima Two Timer bike carrier. This is not a hanging carrier. It is designed to hold two conventional bikes. I removed the unneeded parts. It sits low and I am able to mount the Nevo, one wheel at a time.

Attachments

• YAKIMA.jpg
    YAKIMA.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 537
Tiny, They are really trying my patience. I ordered the bike on February 3rd with air shipping. Supposedly it will be here by early next week. I'll believe it when I see it. People should realize that their great product is diminished when it is not accompanied by great service. The story I get is that the bike has been languishing in customs for almost three weeks, waiting for them to make things right. R&M made paperwork error vis a vis customs and did not bother to expedite the needed corrections. Hopefully I will enjoy the bike enough when it finally arrives to let this unpleasantness fade in memory. At this point my experience with R&M is rather sour.

Alaskan, out of curiosity, who did you order your bike through? I ordered mine at nearly the same time through G&O Family Cyclery in Seattle. Right now I am on pins and needles waiting to hear my bike has arrived...

That is frustrating! The positive thing is you will have a long season to ride your bike. I ordered late last year and never got my Nevo until Sept. 7th. That left a rather short riding season before the snow fell. I had a hitch installed on my Chevrolet Sonic and I bought a Yakima Two Timer bike carrier. This is not a hanging carrier. It is designed to hold two conventional bikes. I removed the unneeded parts. It sits low and I am able to mount the Nevo, one wheel at a time.

Way to go Tiny! A nice rig indeed. You look at least half your age on your beautiful set of wheels! I think we really all hope and wish we can ride like you are now, even in our 80's, many of us would be thankful for that. Enjoy your awesome ride and always ride safe!

Kurt in CT, thanks for your comment regarding my age. Yes I am 90 years young. I love biking. Here is a short video of me taken one week after receiving delivery of my Riese & Muller Nevo Nuvinci.

You bet Tiny, and sorry about this delayed response. Thank for the video. Gotta love this technology and the freedom and fun it is allowing all of us, no matter our age. You have a few years on me, but I'm right behind you. (I'm 62). Hope you have a great riding season!
Waiting for some warm air to finally hit my CT region. They say it arrives on Friday. Been a long winter with my new bike mostly just sitting there. Anxious!

Five good words!, “Your package has been shipped!”
These are the words I received from Propel Bikes in Brooklyn NY on Friday. A Tinker HS is on it’s way to my home. It should arrive in 4-5 business days. I ordered it on March 7, 2018 and paid an extra $300 for the Tinker to be shipped by air from Germany to Brooklyn.
It's fortuitous that we have experienced a cool spring in Chicago, otherwise I would have been sitting on pins and needles thinking about lost biking opportunities. At 60, I’ve been an avid cyclist most of my life and this is my retirement gift to myself. I will be very happy in 4-5 days!!

The timely arrival of your bike coincides with the arrival of Spring weather, finally. I rode 14 miles yesterday (4/21/2018). The only problem I ran into is negotiating the bike path tunnels that go under busy streets here in Woodbury, MN. They still have water and ice in them. I have to walk the bike through. Other wise the streets and bike paths are dry.

I see you have been busy making changes and additions. It looks great. Have you had a chance to ride it?

I see you have been busy making changes and additions. It looks great. Have you had a chance to ride it?

Tiny, I happy to join a club off which you are a member. I have ridden it two days now and have put 45 miles on it. It is sunny dry in western Washington today and supposed to be close to 60 this afternoon. Nancy and I are going out riding for the first time on our two ebikes in a couple of hours, hoping to do some multi day, b&B touring this summer in the San Juan Islands and Vancouver Island.

My modifications include:

Nukeproof platform pedals with metal pins
Replaced the Thudbuster seat suspension with a body float. (they are made in our home town of Bellingham)
Replaced the Selle Royal 'Saddle with a Brooks Aged Leather B17
Replaced the Eron black rubber grips with Ergon cork grips (to match the seat)
Orlieb locking Handlebar bag
Busch & Muller rear view mirror - large and ungainly but the enhancement to situational awareness and safety is huge.
Added the supplemental chain that secures into the Abus Frame lock SEE IT HERE
Topeak Trunk bag (modified with a racktime mount to fit the OEM rack)
Install a stem mounted bottle cage mount with a Wolf Tooth Doubler to accommodate a bottle and a bluetooth speaker (with horn)
And most significantly replaced the Intuvia display with a Nyon.

I'll do a full ride report after 100 miles. So far I love it. The pluses have been great while the few minuses are minor.
20180422_110253.jpg

Five good words!, “Your package has been shipped!”
These are the words I received from Propel Bikes in Brooklyn NY on Friday. A Tinker HS is on it’s way to my home. It should arrive in 4-5 business days. I ordered it on March 7, 2018 and paid an extra $300 for the Tinker to be shipped by air from Germany to Brooklyn.
It's fortuitous that we have experienced a cool spring in Chicago, otherwise I would have been sitting on pins and needles thinking about lost biking opportunities. At 60, I’ve been an avid cyclist most of my life and this is my retirement gift to myself. I will be very happy in 4-5 days!!
Happy for you. I hear you on the late spring. Finally breaking here! 62 yrs old and per my name, living in Connecticut. My new bike was also gift to myself. Some of us older folks are just covering the beauty of this thing. But still it’s rare where I live. Wonder how long it’ll stay that way?

For a couple of reasons, ebikes will be bought and ridden primarily by older people. First of all the cost of the quality ebikes restrikes them to older folks who have the cash. And younger, fit, serious bike riders take pride in pedaling their own way. They wouldn't be able to take the ribbing from their biking friends if they showed up with a bike that provided assistance.

The only exception to the above are the younger mountain bikers, who are rapidly discovering the joy of having help going up the inclines.

My name is Kevin and I have five good words for you! Propel bikes in Brooklyn NY sent me Friday these words, ”Your bike has been shipped!“ has been shipped! The bike is a Black Tinker HS. I ordered it March 7th and paid an extra fee for expedited air shipping from Germany to Brooklyn. It arrived in Brooklyn, was prepped, and now will be in my hands in 4-5 business days.
It was a retirement gift to myself as I recently turned 60.
Why the Tinker? Well, I’ve been an avid lover of bikes all my life and own a couple of recumbent bikes that have smaller wheels. Has anyone ever heard of the Bike E? I own two, one with and one without a suspension. And to tell you the truth, I prefer the one without a rear suspension. I enjoy the lower center of gravity and the quickness such bikes provide. Also the seat is very comfortable. Therefore I ordered the Tinker after watching the EBR, Citrus Cycles, and the New Wheel YouTube reviews.
Living in the Chicagoland area also makes me think that a non-traditional looking e-bike like the Black Tinker (I am expecting to arrive in 4–5 business) will not be as attractive to the average, casual, bicycle thief.
I’m looking forward to an extremely enjoyable summer riding my new e-bike.

A picture of the Bike Bike E is attached. I have owned it for about twenty years. Sorry for the repeat post! My bad!

Attachments

• F259473D-6958-43F6-B4DE-71BDE4D7C6C2.jpeg
    F259473D-6958-43F6-B4DE-71BDE4D7C6C2.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 489
Alaska N, I am looking forward to reading your 100 mile evaluation of your Nevo, especially what you think of its handling characteristics. I find the handling characteristic on my nevo a nice blend between "stability" and "maneuverability." How ever I have a biking friend with many years of bicycle riding experience. He currently is riding a mountain E Bike. While test riding my Nevo ,he had trouble getting the bike stabilized when starting up. As a result he felt my nevo was twitchy as compared to his mountain E bike. I agree, it is very maneuverable, which I like.

Back