The four best words..

Tiny, I happy to join a club off which you are a member. I have ridden it two days now and have put 45 miles on it. It is sunny dry in western Washington today and supposed to be close to 60 this afternoon. Nancy and I are going out riding for the first time on our two ebikes in a couple of hours, hoping to do some multi day, b&B touring this summer in the San Juan Islands and Vancouver Island.

My modifications include:

Nukeproof platform pedals with metal pins
Replaced the Thudbuster seat suspension with a body float. (they are made in our home town of Bellingham)
Replaced the Selle Royal 'Saddle with a Brooks Aged Leather B17
Replaced the Eron black rubber grips with Ergon cork grips (to match the seat)
Orlieb locking Handlebar bag
Busch & Muller rear view mirror - large and ungainly but the enhancement to situational awareness and safety is huge.
Added the supplemental chain that secures into the Abus Frame lock SEE IT HERE
Topeak Trunk bag (modified with a racktime mount to fit the OEM rack)
Install a stem mounted bottle cage mount with a Wolf Tooth Doubler to accommodate a bottle and a bluetooth speaker (with horn)
And most significantly replaced the Intuvia display with a Nyon.

I'll do a full ride report after 100 miles. So far I love it. The pluses have been great while the few minuses are minor.
View attachment 21050
Alaskan- Congrats on your new ride. Looks awesome. Nice to see the Nyon interface. Love the way you have accessorized it. Good choice of components. Looks like it was all worth the wait especially having to go through customs.

My Spring riding, despite the good weather will have to wait. I fell in my bedroom, striking my left rib cage on a heavy night stand. After a week of increasing short breath, I sote medical aid. I found out my left lung had collapsed. I spent the next 4 days in the hospital after under going a procedure that consisted of a tube being inserted into the upper lung cage to release the air pressure and allow the lung to expand and heal. I am fine now, resting at home. I expect to be taking short rides in a week or so. As the doctor said, "take it easy, you're not 25."

My Spring riding, despite the good weather will have to wait. I fell in my bedroom, striking my left rib cage on a heavy night stand. After a week of increasing short breath, I sote medical aid. I found out my left lung had collapsed. I spent the next 4 days in the hospital after under going a procedure that consisted of a tube being inserted into the upper lung cage to release the air pressure and allow the lung to expand and heal. I am fine now, resting at home. I expect to be taking short rides in a week or so. As the doctor said, "take it easy, you're not 25."
Oh no thats terrible- speedy recovery to you

Thanks MDEZZ for your concern. Wait all Winter to ride, then get hit by this. It does seem unfair. BUT being able to breath again is so much more important, I haven't had time to feel sorry for myself. I can wait.

Tiny. sorry to hear about your troubles. Sending good thoughts your way for a rapid recovery.

Thanks MDEZZ for your concern. Wait all Winter to ride, then get hit by this. It does seem unfair. BUT being able to breath again is so much more important, I haven't had time to feel sorry for myself. I can wait.

Tiny-Sorry to hear about your fall. Wishing you a speedy recovery! Hope you can also get back on your E-bike and continue to share your riding experiences. Take Care. Cheers.

The four best words you want to hear... "Your bike arrived today" !!!

I prefer this instead "You won the lottery !!!" but to each their own. I placed my order today so I have a week to wait, but I was terribly unproductive at work. I will be a LOT more nervous when it shows up at the door and I have to tell my wife what I bought .. *gulp* Married men, you know where I'm coming from here, right ??

How about this... "Your replacement bike shipped."
We've been unable to resolve a lingering problem that arose 10 days ago, even after installing a new controller and wiring harness, so tonight they decided I've been patient enough with the troubleshooting attempts, and they're sending a whole new bike.

I prefer this instead "You won the lottery !!!" but to each their own. I placed my order today so I have a week to wait, but I was terribly unproductive at work. I will be a LOT more nervous when it shows up at the door and I have to tell my wife what I bought .. *gulp* Married men, you know where I'm coming from here, right ??

WalkinTarget-
Oh yeah gulp it is! From my experience, the wifey always wins. There are too many creative ways to 'get even' so take hold of the horns and brace yourself. The inevitable is coming to rear its ugly head. LOL Enjoy your ride. What I did was pitched the idea to her and ended up buying her one too. Now we are both happy campers on the trails. It worked for me. Good Luck and enjoy your new toy!

Hello Tiny! Just curious if you are back up and riding your bike during this beautiful season? Hope you are doing well and back from a great recovery. Cheers! :cool:

Got the call my Supercharger has arrived. I'm traveling all next week and I should get it when I return.

I'm trying not to get too excited!

How about this... "Your replacement bike shipped."
We've been unable to resolve a lingering problem that arose 10 days ago, even after installing a new controller and wiring harness, so tonight they decided I've been patient enough with the troubleshooting attempts, and they're sending a whole new bike.
May I ask the nature of your problem? I'm curious.

Back