That "Coaling" Thing

Cowlitz

I was out having a nice ride. I had to go on the Conconully Highway to complete my loop, but it is a county road and lightly traveled, even on a weekday. Was going along with no cars coming at me. A Dodge Diesel pickup came alongside and did the black smoke thing and took off. I did what my dinosaur brain tells me to do, I flipped him off big time. Was hoping he'd stop so's we could have a discussion. I have a horrid temper and it was activated. But, the jerk was ascared, I guess.

I had not a stitch of spandex on. I was riding my Radmini. As I said, there was no problem with getting around me as there was no oncoming traffic and it was on a long straight stretch. I hope his engine plugs up when he's out in the middle of a desert with no cell service! Hope karma kicks in.

As aggravating as it is, it's best just to ignore the morons. Who knows if he's armed or mentally unstable or both.

As aggravating as it is, it's best just to ignore the morons. Who knows if he's armed or mentally unstable or both.

Here, almost certainly armed. And often addicted to heroin or meth.

I'd just be happy he wasn't drinking a beer and texting as he came up behind me. Distracted driving is epidemic around here!

I live in the country, not the country-club type of country. Yahoo's call it "rolling coal". A friend that owns a repair shop says those guys detune their engines to get it to do that. Apparently very bad for a diesel to run that way. Karma is around the corner... eventually.

There's a state statute defining this behavior and making it a ticketable offense in Colorado, after it became a popular pastime for jerks against both bikes and small cars like the Prius.

I live in the country, not the country-club type of country. Yahoo's call it "rolling coal". A friend that owns a repair shop says those guys detune their engines to get it to do that. Apparently very bad for a diesel to run that way. Karma is around the corner... eventually.

It looked like a fairly new truck. I can hope that the payments are astronomical and a repo man is in the near future. If he is a local, that could easily happen.

Trying to figure out today's ride. Most drivers have been very polite here. There are no bike paths of any length--there is one block of painted off path along the Walmart. So, it is county roads with no shoulders for me.

Just sayin', but I would think that spraying people with toxic and carcinogenic chemicals because of your political beliefs would be considered terrorism.

Back