Thank you to the forum: my new Supercharger GT Vario HS

ottomark

You all were extremely helpful in helping me choose my new ride. Today I commuted to/fro work on it for the first time. It was fantastic. 30 miles of enjoyment. I also love how much I was able to push it and get a great workout while riding. AND, I was able to work with a local Stromer dealer and get them to become a Riese & Muller dealer -- the only one within 900 miles. Pic attached. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_2452.jpg
    IMG_2452.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 1,177
Congratulations !
I have a quick q- What made you decide in favour of the R&M vs Stromer ?

Personally i had tried only a St1X but i like the looks of R&M a lot better and it’s technology is in some ways superior. Also can carry another 500wh battery in case of a long trip. Total on R&M - 1kw+ the spare (500wh).

With the Stromer to carry another 814wh or the 1kw bat., is just too heavy and bulky. But then Stromer has the Anti theft module/Omni.

For now i do have a S pedelec that does the job quite nicely, but looking for a 2nd ebike in near future and i know it will be a really tuff decision what to choose between those 2. Can only get one. I don’t know how you decided ?

Hi Ebiker01! Thanks for the question. First, let me say that most of that question I left to others and their experience. One person well known on these channels who sells both bikes was pretty adamant confidentially that R&M are less problematic. In fact, he (and others) said the belt drive system is extremely stable. When I first rode a Stromer I was blown away -- I loved it. But the dealers convinced me to go with R&M.

Also, I first got to know R&M on a trip to Mainz, Germany last year. Friends of my wife's parents each had one and completely loved them. I could tell instantly that they were premium.

Lastly, in riding them, my analogy is that Stromer feels like BMW; R&M like Mercedez. Stromer feels a little more sporty; R&M more plush -- the suspension helps, but I also think it's a more thought out bike. Feels more complete in some way.

That said, I wouldn't judge anyone. As I said, today was my first commute. I received two comments. The first was on the way to work from a cyclist who screamed "Nice bicycle!" The second was on the way home. A guy in a truck pulled up next to me at a stoplight, rolled down his window, and said, "That is an amazing looking bike."

Thanks, I said. Then beat him across the intersection.

Thank you for answering. I guess i would have to try test an R&M soon.
I also like the compliments and you will recieve tons daily... one question i am still working on getting the right answer is when people ask- How much did it cost ? A couple of months of hard work i say ?

A question I am still working on getting the right answer to is when people ask: How much did it cost ?
I think that most people are making passing conversation when they ask about prices, and my response is to tell them that most ebikes cost between our local equivalents of US$2000 and US$4000. If the conversation continues, I might add that ebike prices are roughly one-tenth of new car prices.

Thank you for answering. I guess i would have to try test an R&M soon.
I also like the compliments and you will recieve tons daily... one question i am still working on getting the right answer is when people ask- How much did it cost ? A couple of months of hard work i say ?
Isn’t the saying “if you have to ask the price, then you can’t afford it”

I agree that price is a difficult conversation. We're paying a LOT for our bikes. For me, the decision to choose R&M was about being healthy, doing something better for the environment than my 30 mile commute with just me in the car, etc. And I really wanted a solid stable ride. And I could afford to invest in that. But I did have a colleague look up the price of my bike and show shock!

Ciao everyone,

compliment for your choose Ottomark,

I own a Delite GX Rohloff MY 2019 , simply fantastic. I choose this model for the comfort, here in Italy roads are not perfect :-((

People say to me is simply crazy the price. People say is very good looking and strong like a tank.....
I was able to ride 60 km in one day without training before. I live in a flat land and take only 30% of battery.

But a few of them can know the quality of ride.

My English is bad I know......

Saluti da Reggio Emilia

Attachments

• A6D078D3-DF36-4AE8-BA24-E863920FC2C1.jpg
    A6D078D3-DF36-4AE8-BA24-E863920FC2C1.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 634
  • 1CCA39CB-AE20-46E5-937A-F968DCB5AAF4.jpg
    1CCA39CB-AE20-46E5-937A-F968DCB5AAF4.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 606
Riese and muller bikes are obviously unique in their design and looks. Their high quality is evident at first glance.

When someone's first question is about cost, my take is that they have no real interest in the bike. My normal answer is, "quite a bit more than most" and I leave it at that. There is seldom a follow up question.

I get the same questions all the time, I don't mind.
People are really interested.

1. How fast?
2. How expensive?
3. How far can you go on one charge? (good question, but too many variables)

Back