Switch / Contact cleaner for Battery and contacts

ETAF

Region
United Kingdom
City
UK, near Chichester, west Sussex
HI
I saw a suggestion to use a contact cleaner on the Battery & e-bike battery connections , after transporting on a towbar - we have 2 e-bikes and I'm getting a 3 bike cover to go over the towbar carrier - tomorrow - Monday 23rd

I have 2 new ebikes and will be travelling end of the month about 150miles one way and then back at the end of that week, weather pretty heavy rain in UK at the moment , so if it is raining and loads of MUD off the fields - then

I have been told to take the batteries out of the bikes and leave them in car , when travelling , i also have some discs hub cleaner as well for the brakes, was told to clean them up after travelling

If its raining hard and mud/muck , petrol, oil , diesel etc off the road on the motorways , and country lanes , told to clean the break hubs (have the spray) clean the chain and lubricate (have the lub) and switch cleaner

after all that
TO MY QUESTION

I have just purchased some WD40 contact cleaner from screwfix
https://www.screwfix.com/p/wd-40-contac ... lsrc=aw.ds

And i see it has PTFE in it - which is a NON-Conductor - so not sure this is the stuff to use
I can get off amazon some
Cycling E-Bike Contact Cleaner 200ml
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motip-Unisex-C ... B0191V8Y4W

Anyone have a view / recommendation other than this - or is the screwfix with PTFE OK, just doesnt seem right to me with PTFE

this is great stuff designed for aircraft. it actually makes electrical components waterproof. I did my little garage door opener took it out of the case sprayed it will let it dry. then I ran it under the faucet while using it and it works fine.

thanks, i have seen that before couple of years ago and considering that for garage doors - which get rusty - as we are near the sea
interesting , I had not thought of that as a swich / contact cleaner - more of a RUST metal protection , at least that was how i was sold it a few years ago

thanks, i have seen that before couple of years ago and considering that for garage doors - which get rusty - as we are near the sea
interesting , I had not thought of that as a swich / contact cleaner - more of a RUST metal protection , at least that was how i was sold it a few years ago
it does both. seals and cleans and works for electrical connection it is a bit spendy though. but there ae a bunch fo videos showing how well it protects electronics.

thanks , yep when i saw that a while back at about £20 a can , i thought thats OK, but then was told i needed to use it on the locks/padlock/garage doors and locks etc (which is what i was looking at the time - as i say near the sea) - every 6mths !!!!! - then its expensive , although maybe now as a replacement garage door - £1,200

thinking .....

this is great stuff designed for aircraft. it actually makes electrical components waterproof.

My Das-Kit battery has a power button that wakes up the battery.
The button slowly stopped working and the only way to turn the on battery was to plug in the charger.

I didn't bother contacting the vendor because I'm sure they'd have me ship it back as "Dangerous Goods" at my expense and wait three months without my ebike, so I opened up my battery and hosed it down good with ACF-50 and it fixed my battery!!
It's been fine for almost two years now.

I also hosed down my KT controller with it before I installed it on my e-bike.
My controller has been working great too.

Thanks good to know - the Whisper e-bike has a switch on the battery itself - so thats worth knowing

Back