Swiss trip 2016

Thankfully not, but I didn't want to move for about five minutes. I first thought that I might have broken both legs, and never even felt any pain from my collar bone and shoulder. That pain hit me in the evening, and I can't lift my arm anywhere near to shoulder height.

It was one of those lovely fast aggressive rides, then suddenly at about 25 mph I became cross rutted and lost the front end of the bike. For once the ground was as hard as concrete, and I hit it big time. :(

Lazyness on my part was solely responsible for the accident. I normally run anything from 15psi - 25 psi but upped the pressure considerably for the Swiss trip, and hadn't lowered them back down again. Rather than the tread to the side cutting in, it didn't make contact.

Never mind, I'll soon be back out there again. :)

Hi Eddie,
Can you upload your Swiss rides(.gpx files) to doarama.com and share the views with us?

It should look something like this: doarama.com/view/901156 .

-Phuong

Thanks for showing me this. It adds a whole new dimension to rides. :)

I just tried to upload a second ride, but it only recorded about 50% of it. I'll try again a little later.

edit. The first route now only seems to be showing a small element of the ride length. :(

Last edited:
I just tried to upload a second ride, but it only recorded about 50% of it. I'll try again a little later.

edit. The first route now only seems to be showing a small element of the ride length. :(
Hi Eddie, I noticed that your first doarama link was not a "view" yet. You'll need to click the "create view" button on top right corner. Then you'll have a new view in archive to share.

I just tried to upload a second ride, but it only recorded about 50% of it.
Another problem I encountered was when there were other users that uploaded similar/overlapping tracks. During the track uploads you will see these other tracks; unselect them. It's because the viewer tries to run the earliest track first - if that track was a year old, you'll be waiting a long time for your track to start. Multiple tracks are meant for group outings occurring at the same time. Hope that helps.

Thanks for that, Doarama is a bit of a learning curve.

For those that are interested, click on the upper left hand arrow for elevation. The default seems to be speed.

Out of interest, is there an edit function, as that one is shown as walk.

Ref the climbing grades, the start of the really nasty section put a lot of pressure upon me. Not only was the route a hiking only route, that I had been given special permission to ride. The people that gave me the permission wee there watching me! I made it within about 40' of the first section, before I could no longer keep up the fight between traction and keeping the front end of the bike anywhere near the ground. Crazy but good fun! I get my enjoyment from climbing and elevation gain, so all is good. :)

The many stops after the 1:45 point, are where I was struggling to continue, and had to keep catching my breath. Prior to that, the stops were for either taking photos or talking to hikers.
The long stop at 2:56 is at a restaurant that refused to let me have any water. I wasn't impressed.

And this was the final destination. :)

birg-886635_960_720.jpg birg-cable-car-view-intermediate-station-way-to-schilthorn-summit-switzerland-33479287.jpg Muerren_Birg.jpg

Last edited:
Out of interest, is there an edit function, as that one is shown as walk.
Yes. But you'll have to edit the track source. Your uploaded tracks are archived along with created views under your user page. Access it by clicking on your logo(currently "do") after login. After editing the file details and changing the activity to "cycle - mountain", the subsequent views created will show the correct activity.

Sorry I managed to screw the original doarama up when I edited it. I now have the hang of it though. :)

My camera has now turned up, so I have the last two days of holiday photos. :)

This was the last ride of the trip.

ebr1.JPG ebr2.JPG ebr3.JPG

But these were some of the photos that I was most annoyed about loosing. Driving through a gorge, I rounded a corner and was faced with this 10' high sculpture of Predator.

Utterly amazing!

ebr6.JPG ebr4.JPG ebr5.JPG

Eddie, fairly new member here. Just discovered your post. Amazing and inspirational. If I could get my wife to prioritize and spring for Switzerland, I'd go for sure!

Back