Suspension Stem - Kinekt

Nxkharra

Just saw the add for Kinekt suspension stem. I have the Kinekt suspension seat post using it with my Specialized Vado 5.0 and have been happy with it.
anyone has experienced a suspension stem? It might be overkill if you have suspension fork.

Attachments

• 5E0B4325-9608-460E-832A-77D71A4614AD.jpeg
    5E0B4325-9608-460E-832A-77D71A4614AD.jpeg
    748 KB · Views: 404
I just installed the Kinekt stem yesterday on my Trek Allant+ 8S. I already had their seat post, which changed riding for me. The stem is very nice. It came with 3 springs - soft, medium, firm. The firm is what I ended up using - maybe because it's a 50+ lb. bike(?). The default spring is the medium, which comes installed. It appeared to be bottoming out too easily. Anyhow, after 50 miles I'd say that it's a game changer for me, just like the seat post was.

I just installed the Kinekt stem yesterday on my Trek Allant+ 8S. I already had their seat post, which changed riding for me. The stem is very nice. It came with 3 springs - soft, medium, firm. The firm is what I ended up using - maybe because it's a 50+ lb. bike(?). The default spring is the medium, which comes installed. It appeared to be bottoming out too easily. Anyhow, after 50 miles I'd say that it's a game changer for me, just like the seat post was.

I have mine installed as well. thinking of switching to the Heavy Spring off the bat, I was only able to ride it around the block to make sure the bike worked fine but hoping to get out soon if the air quality changes here.

I have mine installed as well. thinking of switching to the Heavy Spring off the bat, I was only able to ride it around the block to make sure the bike worked fine but hoping to get out soon if the air quality changes here.
What kind of bike do you have, suspension fork?

Does your bike have suspension fork?

I´ve long thought about flexible handlebars. I ride with cushioned grips I´ve made for other bikes. After 9k miles ebike on
hard rubber ergos my shoulders were shot, so I went back to the pre E era grips I used before. I´d forgotten how comfortable
they were & how the molded to fit oneś hands.

Is it redundant to have suspension fork and suspension stem?
I think so.

What tyres do you have in your Vado? Do you need fenders? If you suffer from rough rides, you might replace your tyres with thicker ones (the limit is when the tread is close to the fork crown or to the fender), and ride with somewhat reduced pressure. If you need fenders, the 2" Electrak are maximum that fit. If you don't, somewhat thicker tyres should fit.

I think so.

What tyres do you have in your Vado? Do you need fenders? If you suffer from rough rides, you might replace your tyres with thicker ones (the limit is when the tread is close to the fork crown or to the fender), and ride with somewhat reduced pressure. If you need fenders, the 2" Electrak are maximum that fit. If you don't, somewhat thicker tyres should fit.
@Stefan Mikes my concern is to install suspension stem to my bike which already has suspension fork. What do you think?

I think having the suspension stem together with suspension fork might adversely affect the ride stability. I might be wrong of course.
I just meant @Nxkharra the harsh ride doesn't only result from inadequate suspension but also from tyres. If you ride onto rough cobblestone or washboard gravel, even full long-travel suspension wouldn't help very much as the suspension is to dampen slow vibration but it cannot dampen the rapid one. Only tyres can diminish the rapid road vibration.

You can try reducing your tyre pressure to be at halfway between the min and max allowed inflation. Does miracles.

I think having the suspension stem together with suspension fork might adversely affect the ride stability. I might be wrong of course.
I just meant @Nxkharra the harsh ride doesn't only result from inadequate suspension but also from tyres. If you ride onto rough cobblestone or washboard gravel, even full long-travel suspension wouldn't help very much as the suspension is to dampen slow vibration but it cannot dampen the rapid one. Only tyres can diminish the rapid road vibration.

You can try reducing your tyre pressure to be at halfway between the min and max allowed inflation. Does miracles.
Fully agree. My Kinekt Suspension seat post along with Ergon saddle actually are doing a good job of providing comfortable ride. The ride comfort was reduced when switching from Trigger Sport tires to Shwalbe Maeathin E+.

Last edited:

Ironically I watched a Video about How Suspension stems from Yesteryear were made Obsolete by Suspension Forks : MTB Video : SO I would think Like you : With dampening and suspension already on USA Version Vados : It would be redundant : It sure seems it would be.

Hi all

Can you tell me from where do you get spares for Kinekt products in Europe?

Thanks
Ago
This store certainly can help you (Switzerland):

Back