Suspension Stem - Kinekt

What e-bike do you ride Mulkago? It's interesting to meet an Estonian here! (I'm Polish).

I'm still on muscle power :D I have Cube MTB and road bikes. I'm here cos you guys use the Kinekt seatpost :) It seems impossible to get spares for that item. Ordering directly from US is ridiculously expensive.

I'm still on muscle power :D I have Cube MTB and road bikes. I'm here cos you guys use the Kinekt seatpost :) It seems impossible to get spares for that item. Ordering directly from US is ridiculously expensive.
You might not get it from the U.S. at all. "Been there and done that" :(

Just saw the add for Kinekt suspension stem. I have the Kinekt suspension seat post using it with my Specialized Vado 5.0 and have been happy with it.
anyone has experienced a suspension stem? It might be overkill if you have suspension fork.
Using Cane Creek Thudbuster LT seat post.

it’s a polymer dampener in lieu of spring (which can be bouncy & squeaky for Clydesdales like me).

Comes with medium polymer, had to buy the XL polymer for my size/weight.

Love this seat post, my RadWagon 4 doesn’t have suspension and very stiff on poor California roads.

Comes in @ approx $165.00 + $15.00 for the XL polymer. Less costly vs. Kinekt.

Using Cane Creek Thudbuster LT seat post.

it’s a polymer dampener in lieu of spring (which can be bouncy & squeaky for Clydesdales like me).

Comes with medium polymer, had to buy the XL polymer for my size/weight.

Love this seat post, my RadWagon 4 doesn’t have suspension and very stiff on poor California roads.

Comes in @ approx $165.00 + $15.00 for the XL polymer. Less costly vs. Kinekt.
I have both seat posts on different bikes and like both for different rides. IMO, the Thudbuster LT is great for off-road with bigger impacts, while the Kinekt is far superior at dampening small bumps on gravel and dirt roads.

Just received some mail today, about an update for the suspension post.
20210612_220338.jpg

20210612_220351.jpg

20210612_220323.jpg

Since the bike that was stolen from me had this suspension post I no longer need this information. Thought it would be helpful to post this update. If anyone needs this, just message me your address and I will mail it to you.

Thank you for sharing this important note.
I will contact them as I purchased mine from Amazon and haven’t received any notification.

Thank you for sharing this important note.
I will contact them as I purchased mine from Amazon and haven’t received any notification.
This clearly shows the value of making your purchase directly from a manufacturer's on line store. No money saved by buying from Amazon just one click convenience. Personally I would rather see the product developer get the extra profit instead of Jeff Bezos.

This clearly shows the value of making your purchase directly from a manufacturer's on line store. No money saved by buying from Amazon just one click convenience. Personally I would rather see the product developer get the extra profit instead of Jeff Bezos.
Agree. Just received a note from the manufacturer saying the issue was not with seat post and is with handlebar stem suspension system.

I have both the Kinekt suspension post and suspension stem. Both were ordered directly from Kinekt. I have received no information regarding this upgrade.
I will contact them directly.
Thanks for posting.

I have both the Kinekt suspension post and suspension stem. Both were ordered directly from Kinekt. I have received no information regarding this upgrade.
I will contact them directly.
Thanks for posting.
They are very quick to respond. Use the link in their letter above.

Interesting on the set screw issue. I have to say I'd use my own preferred threadlocking solution (Vibra Tite blue gel) than worrying about putting new screws in. But I understand a manufacturer's need to provide solutions to those who aren't so familiar with such materials.

For myself, the Kinekt post has been something of a big 'meh'. I had it first on my Envoy cargo bike, and later moved it to my Bullitt (the Envoy is going up for sale and a $200 stem isn't going to add that amount of value). As someone else mentioned: Its really easy to bottom out. I stepped up to the strongest spring almost immediately. As I lean over the bars and take my riding position, the bars instantly bottom out. My 250 lb body weight cannot help matters I am sure. I keep it on the bike simply because I am unsure whether or not I gain benefit from any shock absorption on a rebound (because clearly the first impact is unaffected).

Kinekt is really responsive to inquiries. I spent a fair bit of time on the phone with one of their engineers regarding their seatposts. I really need to call them up and see what they think of this situation and whether its possible to use a spring from their XL seatpost to beef up the stem's capability.

Back