Super Delight Debut

rudym

After much too do, my class 3 Riese Muller SD with a Bosch gen 4 is underway. My SD is E14 Rohloff equipped and has upgraded front and rear Fox suspension - it floats. At 65 I much prefer the full suspension over my hard tail Ebikes with suspension seat posts. Definitely prefer the belt drive over the chain on my trek super commuter 8s, and definitely prefer the Rohloff to my HDSerial 1 with Enviolo AutomatiQ. Much more natural to shift myself or stay in the same gear and just add or drop power. I like choices. I really like being to drop 3 gears instantly. The Nyon display is very cool and I didn’t mind leaving the Garmin behind. I did struggle with initial setup and WiFi and Bluetooth stuff but it was just a matter of me being unfamiliar with it. The MIK system is a big plus when paired with Basil tail bags or panniers. I’m pleased with the water bottles but I’ll have to contemplate how I’ll use the front rack. Time to sell the other Ebikes.

I really like being to drop 3 gears instantly.
With the Rohloff E-14 a long press changes four gears. Actually, one gear is changed (up or down), plus three more (equals 4).
  • Long Press : 1 + 3 = 4 gears
  • Extra Long Press : 1 + 3 + 3 = 7 gears
  • Very Long Press : 1 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 10 gears
  • Extra Very Long Press : 1 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 13 gears
To check this for yourself: engage either #1 or #14 and then give a long press.

Back