Suntour NCX or Satori Animaris for 175lber?

I have tried them all and find the Satori Animaris to have the best combination of quality, ride and value.

1573445690615.png

I've got a Suntour NCX and one of the problems with it, if your seat tube sloping too far back, is that you have very little play in adjusting the front tilt of the seat, because the seat rails hit the front of the NCX. It looks as though you would get more clearance on the Animaris and definitely more on a Kinect.
Angle of seatpost.jpg
seat rail riding on front of NCX.jpg

I guess I can try spreading the seat rails so it will clear the NCX post or just get a different kind of suspension seatpost. I like the seat where it is, except the nose is a tad high, which doesn't feel all that good.

I've got a Suntour NCX and one of the problems with it, if your seat tube sloping too far back, is that you have very little play in adjusting the front tilt of the seat, because the seat rails hit the front of the NCX. It looks as though you would get more clearance on the Animaris and definitely more on a Kinect.View attachment 83258View attachment 83259

I guess I can try spreading the seat rails so it will clear the NCX post or just get a different kind of suspension seatpost. I like the seat where it is, except the nose is a tad high, which doesn't feel all that good.

That is a design flaw with ncx. (I have seen several other people reporting that problem).

You can try turning the clamp upside down and install the saddle that way. The rail will stay under the notch hence you should be able to tilt the saddle more that way.

I own both animaris and kinekt, none suffers from the same problem. Animaris, if the spring is right, is a much better suspension seat post than ncx.

Last edited:
No, it's just a (regular?) mountain bike, if there is such a thing as a regular bike. The Brooks saddle on a bike with a more upright seat tube would work fine with the Suntour NCX seatpost. One of those little things you never consider when you build a new bike. It's just a good excuse to spend even more $ on this build and buy a new seatpost, like a Kinekt 2.1. That will work with any saddle as there is nothing ahead of the mounting brackets.

The Brooks saddle on a bike with a more upright seat tube would work fine with the Suntour NCX seatpost. One of those little things you never consider when you build a new bike.
It is not a problem with the Brooks saddle, it is simply a design flaw of this suspension. I don't know why suntour is not doing anything to fix it.

None of the other seat post suspensions I have owned/used have this issue.

Just received and put together the Brooks saddle and Suntour SP 12 NCX seatpost on my bike. Love it and make a lot different on the 1st ride.
IMG-0793.jpg
IMG-0794.jpg
IMG-0795.jpg
IMG-0796.jpg

i use both, both are great but i think the Animaris is better for a heavy rider it could be to stiff for someone weighing 175lbs, i would go with the Suntour! over all i prefer the ride of the NCX.

Back