Suggestions to make ya Moustache better

Steve64

Ideas to make ya bike better or what it needs to make better. Ya never know Moustache may be monitoring this site. Yeah right.

I got Xroad FS7

I'll start.

Place to mount ya ABUS Bordo lock like R & M have between seat post and rear rack.

Maybe a drink bottle holder as well next to lock.

Upgrade brakes to M6000 deore. Rotors are compatable but may need to replaced if there is lot of wear as new wear marks will be different due to different pad design. M6000 deores and Mt400 are worlds apart in performance, one finger braking with M6000 is not problem. If towing heavy trailer in hills upgrade 4pot M6100 would be good option but you may need to replace rotors in which case go 203mm.

I think I could upgrade Xroad 2 to 7 spec with better brakes and seatpost for quite bit less than 7's price, especially as I'm doing most of work.

Done bit more research on buying lower spec bike and upgrading it. Assuming you are starting with Xroad 2 in my case with 625Wh battery. Here are some of part costs, these were from europe online shop in some cases Aliexpress and other sites will be cheaper for some parts, even cheaper again if you can take parts off old bike. Mobie25 air fork +boost front wheel €360. 11spd drivetrain €145 (need136 link chain), can reuse cable but best to upgrade inner. Brakes Deore m6000 2pot €120 can use existing disks if low wear, best upgrade rear to 180mm.
Additional upgrades suspension post, eg Suntour NCX or Thudbuster, both of which are stepup from factory ones. May want to consider dropper suspension seatpost they exist, good luck sourcing one.
Wheel lock, €50, unfortunately different key from bike unless you order it specially. Comes standard on 5 &7
Lights is optional, I think Xroad2 has surprisingly good light.

Need brake bleeding kit and TLBH61 hose clamp to hold hose if shorting . Deore use BH90 hose while MT200 &400 use BH59, can use Deore with BH59 but best to replace, comes with brake set.

10spd with 11-42t cassette is fine for what Xroads are designed for, but price difference between 10 &11spd isn't that great. If going 11spd can replace individual small spockets which is plus if spending most of time in same gears commuting at 28-32kmhr. 11spd with sunrace 11-46t cassette if towing heavy trailer.

Unless towing heavy load up hills on regular basis there isn't lot in it between 65nm Performance and 85nm CX motors, especially for touring where you will spend lot of time in eco or tour mode.

For touring really want to start with 625Wh battery. If you think 625Wh isn't going be enough then 400 or 500wh with spare, but thoses spares aren't cheap.

Back