Suddenly it takes 10-15 minutes to get computer to connect with bikw

KennethR

HI,

I have a Kalkhoff e-bike, but I'm pretty sure my issue is either generic or related to the Bosch electronics and therefor I post here.

The last two days I've had to 'fiddle' with the computer, battery and rotating the crank(in lack of better words) before I could get my removable computer/display to connect to the bike. I haven't found any specific thing to do taht solve the problem, but suddenly (after 10-15 min) it works again and then works perfectly the rest of the day(also after my 8 hour working day). Next morning I'll have the same problem again.
I have had the bike for 3½ years and never had any issues. Do anyone in here know this problem, and what the cause might be?

BR Kenneth

Do you remove the display/controller overnight? If so, I wonder if the display controller internal battery is not functioning properly and needs to be charged when installed on the bike each morning.

Are the display/controller contacts clean?

Do you remove the display/controller overnight? If so, I wonder if the display controller internal battery is not functioning properly and needs to be charged when installed on the bike each morning.

Are the display/controller contacts clean?
The contacts have to be cleaned from time to time, and I first thought that was the issue, but it wasn't. Good idea to check the controller - it would make sense that it's only overnight I then have the problem :)
I'll check that and update the thread - thanks so far 👍

Back