Stromer ST2 - Technical review

I've been wondering whether Stromer could offer what seems like should be a simple addition to the Omni/ app: allow level 1 to be customized like level 2. I have a 4.5 mile commute each morning and evening. Half is suburban residential roads and half is city with lots of hills.

I have the custom tune set to offer max torque, medium top speed, and max agility. It's my hill climbing and city setting. The rest of the ride I like to ride fast, but want a bit more of a workout (and battery savings). I don't want as much torque assist, but I want the speed set high. Rather than stopping mid-ride to reprogram the customizable setting on the app and download it to the bike, I tend to just put it in 3. I almost never use 1. If I want a ride that feels like setting 1, I'll just ride my old unpowered MTB.

I hope more people understand what goes into building an E-bike and not just spread their fear.

I recently came across a Stromer St2 that had done over 75000 kms. I wonder how many E-bikes out there have more than 50,000 miles on them.

1575528795022.png

Back