Stromer ST1 codes

El_Guapo

Hi all,

Here are all the codes I have accumulated from the Swiss and German forums. Given that I was using google translate... use at your caution (I highlighted the most useful to maximize your Stromer:

0001 time
0002 wheel diameter in inches - 2075 default for 26"
0003 km/mile - 0/1
0004 Change Password
1003 DO NOT CHANGE !!!!! (Factory setting torque sensor)
1004 Sensor sensitivity (default 50) - I set to 90 to save time commuting
1005 Boost mode - 1 on / 2 off
1006 Move mode
1008 option for changing the password
1009 Recup Enable mode
1991 - lockout: hold power for 2 seconds to activate
2000 Release Info
2001 Revision Info
3773 speed limit - higher number will increase the top speed the pedal assist works.
3775 - increase top speed of boost mode

9999 - resets odometer and factory settings

I own a ST1 Elite (33) and have maxed out 1004 (Sensor) to 90, 3773 (speed limit) to 40mph, and maxed 3775 (boost). During my 16 mile and 12 mile rides yesterday (2 hour charge in-between), I hit 29.5 mph down hill top speed with an average of 20.5 mph in Power Support mode (with the setting described previously).

Did you see a change with the 3773 code? The input for this code is weird. The unit is shown as "mph" but you can only enter a 2 digit number. The first digit as 1-7 and the second as 0-9. I don't notice any difference not matter what number I put in.

That is, 79 (the highest I can enter) has the same performance as 20.

I have the Platinum and my 3773 code was at 70 already so I doubt 79 is going to mean anything. Now on the other hand the 3775 code was fantastic. The default was 20 and I set it to 79 and it would propel the bike to about 20-. Now if I peddled the bike up to 25 or more and then hit the boost it would maintain my speed on the flats. My commute is 10 miles and I am quite consistently at 55% battery when I end my commute. After playing with the boost quite a bit on my commute this morning and I was still at 55% o_O

So, I don't know if the 3773 is kmh or mph.... my guess is kph... I haven't played with it a ton, so I will have to get back to you on that. However, with it set to 70 I do notice support to over 23mph. After that it is hard to tell.

Regarding, 3775, it will push me to 23.2mph.

I just purchased a new ST1 Elite :

The '3773' code is 00 .. any ideas ?

'3775' was set to 20 .. changed to 30 .. will test various values today ..

Thanks,
Alex

I just purchased a new ST1 Elite :

The '3773' code is 00 .. any ideas ?

'3775' was set to 20 .. changed to 30 .. will test various values today ..

Thanks,
Alex
I received a replacement ST1 Elite last week. 3773 was also 00, went to change things but could not set back to 00

Tried to do the 9999 (reset everything) but just got errors.

Punched in 3775 (boost mode) and can change boost mode and the bike will fly to 20mph on Boost. But turned it back because it just felt too fast and I want to pedal.

Fun things to hack, but it is good the way it is set at the factory (3773 and 3773).

I am considering the purchase of an ST1 Platinum. I'd like to hear more about maximizing performance by using these codes. Has anyone played with the <0002 wheel diameter in inches - 2075 default for 26"> code? What other tire sizes are available and how do you enter them?

If a person entered a code for a smaller diameter tire without actually changing the tire size, would the computer allow additional rpm (i.e. additional speed) to compensate? Likewise, could you fit a taller 26" tire onto the wheel without adjusting the tire size code and gain some additional top speed with that method? I expect that there would be speedometer error using these means, but the actual speed might increase.

Thanks in advance for any input!

I played around with my bike codes when I first bought my ST1, basically just punched in random numbers to see what came up. Below are some of the things I found. What was annoying was that once I changed some of the codes it wouldn't let me reset it back to its original number. Anyone else have this issue? Eventually I had to take my bike in and they reset the motor for me. So consider yourself warned.

1011=default05 recuperation strength. Changed to 50 this really slows you down fast with the engine, pretty awesome actually.

1012= default 02 unknown code changed to 10 can't change it back to 02

3773= 0km/h speed limiter once changed you can't go back to 0 so I uped to 70km/h didn't notice anything different

3777=1. Move speed. Changed to 9

1010 recup factor errors out

El_Guapo, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME info!

So far, it sounds as if there is great success increasing the Boost top speed, but not for the max pedal assist speed?

3775 BOOST increased speed of up to 40km / h in spite of this that I set at 79km / h
3773 I set more than 46 and so returns to 46 :(

I received a replacement ST1 Elite last week. 3773 was also 00, went to change things but could not set back to 00

Tried to do the 9999 (reset everything) but just got errors.

Punched in 3775 (boost mode) and can change boost mode and the bike will fly to 20mph on Boost. But turned it back because it just felt too fast and I want to pedal.

Fun things to hack, but it is good the way it is set at the factory (3773 and 3773).

If you want more pedaling relative to boost, turn down the sensitivity of the torque sensor. (1004)
My Platinum came set at 70 and it just kicks in too early and too hard with the boost. Turning it down to 30 makes it much more bike like and not so moped like power.

Related to ST1 controller codes, my ST1 controller display, upon turning the bike on, shows code of C08.0 and d00.88
I was curious as what these codes indicate, maybe trouble codes, error codes?!?
I asked a Stromer rep and he replied: "The codes (0.88) you see when you first power it on are not error codes. This is simply the firmware version that the display has."

Does anyone have a code for the display contrast? Just got mine and its pretty hard to read- it must be in there somewhere^^

Hi All,
finally found the contrast code! 0005 and it's on a 1-9 scale. Unfortunately for me, it almost did nothing to fix the 'burn in' effect that makes it hard to read. I'm going to swap the battery in the display head an see what happens- it's a watch battery- size 2032.

Hi Barry,
yeah- I could tell that it was changing the contrast, but the issue I'm having is that it's a burn in - like all the pixels are slightly on. Looking through the 'extended owners manual' I found that it is in the list of replacement fixes- so if the battery doesn't do the trick, I'll reach out to Stromer, or the dealer here in Vancouver.
thanks!

The dealer will hook you up. The display on st1 is not exactly what you would expect in 2014+, but the rest of bike more than makes up for it

So apparently code 1007 limits power to 250W. The default is 1=on (limits to 250W). Change to 0 to get 500W :p. I also managed to render my display unusable by turning on "invert break input signal" via code 5001. Lol anyone have any idea how to fix that? Otherwise a call to Stromer is in order for the AM

So apparently code 1007 limits power to 250W. The default is 1=on (limits to 250W). Change to 0 to get 500W :p. I also managed to render my display unusable by turning on "invert break input signal" via code 5001. Lol anyone have any idea how to fix that? Otherwise a call to Stromer is in order for the AM
Nevermind 5001 inverts the "brake" sensor, not "break." Just had to pull the brake while I turned it off

Back