Stromer sport

Tiw

Hi I have an older stromer sport model.just recently when I turn it on the display (not lcd display) after about a minute not even doing anything it goes to overheat light on.
I transferred the battery after my older V1 stromer motor bit the dust .The battery is about 6-7 years old and now shows a75% charge.The overheat light comes on after a minute or so every time.I tried the throttle and pedal in the regular mode but nothing happened.It has a torque sensor on the rear wheel also .do not see anything wrong in wiring .disconnected left and right brake separately nothing still.Any ideas please.wondering if the battery due to age is causing problem it tests at 42.5 volts but that does not really tell the whole story thank you in.

I would think that an "overheat" indicates an elevated temperature in the motor. Is this what your manual says? Does the motor still run (pedal assist and throttle)? You say, "tried the throttle and pedal in regular mode and nothing happened". Does this mean the bike stops operating? If this is the case, then the overheat function is doing its job.

My suggestions. I think you need more information regarding the motor. The overheat lights's function is to prevent damage to the electric motor when a real overheat condition does occur so I think the battery has nothing to do with this symptom. It could possibly be a faulty "thermocouple" inside the motor or maybe the thermocouple got dislodged.

What brand of motor??

Thanks for the reply .as soon as I put it on to try any thing .nothing happens.but the overheat light comes on a minute later.Its a
TDCM 500 watt ,36volt ,300rpm type.

I think you may have to look into the motor. Find the wiring diagram and determine what wiring or pin outs are for the thermocouple coming out of the motor. Once you find the pair of wires that are this sensor then pull out your multi meter and check to see if it's going to ground or if you don't have a functioning temperature sensor by checking for a resistance. These things work by changing resistance that is calibrated for temperature. An open circuit means a broken thermal couple. Maybe this is why you are getting a overheat condition. Either an broken wire or a short to ground could possibly cause your overheat light to come on. Good luck with it.

I am still not clear what you mean "nothing happens". The motor doesn't turn when you apply throttle and when you turn the crank?? Be very specific and describe exactly what happens.

Hi thanks again,nothing happens with throttle or ped assist.after one minute the overheat comes on .

I don't know anything about your motor...you may have to research this on your own. Google is a great place to start. For instance I would just search for the "Repair shop for my electric bike in the NY area- Stromer bike" or where ever else you live.

Back