Stromer CEO steps back

bluecat

About a month ago, first media reported, Christian Müller - CEO myStromerAG - steps back immediately.

Now, I found an article in english. My personal opinion is: Stromer will stay in market - but they need new money. The main competitor in switzerland had the same problems. Now, a private foundation is their main owner.

About a month ago, first media reported, Christian Müller - CEO myStromerAG - steps back immediately.

Now, I found an article in english. My personal opinion is: Stromer will stay in market - but they need new money. The main competitor in switzerland had the same problems. Now, a private foundation is their main owner.

BMC is trying to sell Stromer after only a year? And they can't? Not surprising that they pushed the old CEO and try to get control of Stromer costs.. It's probably hemorraging BMC cash every month...

The ST2 looks like a wonderful bike, but what did it cost to bring it to market, and how many did they sell?

When your eBike line starts at $3500, and your best model is $7000, and they both offer the same style of riding (commuter style hybrid bike), how much market share is out there?

Stromer is high quality; it is also heavy and has only one type of motor, DD, and one type of frame. All the attention is going towards mid drive bikes of all varieties, and Stromer is not a player in that game.

BMC is trying to sell Stromer after only a year? And they can't? Not surprising that they pushed the old CEO and try to get control of Stromer costs.. It's probably hemorraging BMC cash every month...

The ST2 looks like a wonderful bike, but what did it cost to bring it to market, and how many did they sell?

When your eBike line starts at $3500, and your best model is $7000, and they both offer the same style of riding (commuter style hybrid bike), how much market share is out there?

Stromer is high quality; it is also heavy and has only one type of motor, DD, and one type of frame. All the attention is going towards mid drive bikes of all varieties, and Stromer is not a player in that game.

They did make some mistakes and are in the process revamping the organization hierarchy. They are not here to compete against Bosch or mass produced bikes.
Have you ridden an ST2, Joe? It's a very nice bike!
Some of the electronics may seem over the top but the integration of mech-electrical components is superb. I believe they worked out the tech glitches connecting OMNI and GSM.

Back