Street or less rolling resistance Replacment tires ? for the fat rims...I'm in Canada

This is from Duro site and it is on a 100mm rim 😲
View attachment 57671
Dono Be - thanks! That's just what I wanted to know. I was concerned about the bead seating properly; didn't really think about how it would spread out the tread against the road. Or the sidewall. I was also concerned about the reduced height of the whole wheel compared to the 4" knobby. Was thinking it would drop the height by about 2". I'll report back if I put it on. Thanks again.

Jeff, I don't think the tire/rim tables really address your specific combination.

I would recommend mounting the new tires and then checking the profile.

You want a nice round shape... try to avoid a lightbulb or bell-shaped profile.

I hope this helps... take a look at the referenced article for more details. ;)

View attachment 57672
FlatSix - thanks, thats very helpful. Looks like the 3" tire might work but not be ideal.

Dono Be - thanks! That's just what I wanted to know. I was concerned about the bead seating properly; didn't really think about how it would spread out the tread against the road. Or the sidewall. I was also concerned about the reduced height of the whole wheel compared to the 4" knobby. Was thinking it would drop the height by about 2". I'll report back if I put it on. Thanks again.

Hey Great ! Im trying to get my hands on those tires as well. Don't forget to change the wheel diameter on the display computer. It will be different from the VOLT BIKE but here is how the YUKON bike is done.

Screenshot_20200704-042044.png

Dono Be - thanks again, that's also helpful. My display manual says to set it for 28" (on a 26" rim) if its a fat tire. But the display shows 70. which I now interpret to be 700 mm, which translates to 28+ inches. Voila! So, my speed and mileage in MPH is accurate after all.

Here is a Tire and Rim chart that may prove helpful... ;)
I would recommend a minimum tire size of 3.8" if you have 65 mm rim.

blog-20180108-1.png

This is an estimation of rim width tyre size chart to help identity what rims you should look at,
however tire brands will have their own recommendations which should be adhered to. This information can be found on the sidewall of your tires.

Generally speaking, if your tire is narrow compared to the rim, you risk pinch flatting and damage to the wide rim.
If your tire is too wide compared to the rim, you risk burping/excess tire roll, and poor stability.
Nice useful chart, you do not mind if I "save" it?-Kevin

Back