Step-Thru

Ampler Stellar
They did a nice job hiding the battery in the downtube, but isn't this a mid-step/mixte, I thought the Ancient Mystic Society of no Homers ruled out those on this thread...or did they? ;-)

My BAD !
I got carried away by the beauty .
I can't bear to take it down , but I can't object if the forum moderator does .

Back on track

Bergamont E-Ville N330 (Germany)
265710_200359_png_overview_original_1.png

EBCO Urban City UCL-80 (England)
UCL%2080_01_16_RGB.jpg

Volt Kensington (not related to VoltBike) (England)

volt-kensington-gallery-1.jpg

Wisper Torque (England)
705se.jpg

Woosh Santana CD (England)
santana-cd.jpg

Last edited:
Actually if mid-step/mixte frames are acceptable to the low-step aficiando/connoisseur I am currently admiring the Sven Cycles Swift, frame built around the Shimano Steps motor, made in Dorset (England)
800.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see those new Australian AVE brand step-through ebikes, their press release talks about exporting them to the US and Europe later in 2018. It will be interesting to see how the Panasonic mid-drive motor on the AVE TH9 model is received by the US market, one of the European step-through's posted upthread the Swiss brand Flyer Upstreet 5 has this motor: according to a 2017 Panasonic press release Panasonic use this single chainring but dual ratio two-speed internal gear mid-drive motor on their new XM1 eMTB.

Last edited:
Canadian brand Opus have revised their Connect step through model and repositioned the battery pack from the side to the top of the rear rack.

2017 model:
Connect-Image.jpg

2018 model:
636.jpg

Beaumont Bicycle step through, custom-built frame with a front hub motor kit. The framebuilder posted these photos showing the cable routing being added to the steel frame. (England)
IMG_5001.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I like the red Azor PKW frame, Urkai claim a 440lb load capacity, though the rack battery has got to take away some of that it’s still a heavy duty utility ebike. I particularly like the frame mounts for the front rack they look very sturdy.

From the U.K:

Batribike Sigma
Batribike Sigma.jpg

Batribike Perdu
Batribike Perdu.jpg

Batribike Omega
Batribike Omega.jpg

BatriBike Quintessential
Batribike Quintessential.jpg

Batribike Ten Anniversary S45
Batribike Ten S45.png

Last edited:
Bridgestone of Japan
Great stuff, I love the utility features on Mama-Chari's with a child seat, like the lockable headset so the front wheel doesn't tip, wide kickstand that folds up behind the rear wheel, and IGH so the rider can shift down when stationary. The orange Bikke looks like it might have a 24" front and 20" rear wheel to lower the center of balance when carrying a child. I notice they all use a front rim brake, rear IGH drum brake, like how Dutch town bikes tend to use roller or drum brakes but the Netherlands is flat whereas Japan is hilly. I read in Japan Mama-Chari's tend to be ridden on the sidewalk so maybe the low speeds don't merit disk or hydraulic brakes - very different attitude here in the US, though I ride with linear pull rim brakes because I converted a pedal bicycle and they work fine for my needs.

Last edited:
Back