Step-Thru

@Dallant:

1612589192920.png

Turbo Como 5.0 Low-Entry, size S has the standover height of 534 mm, or 20.02".

1612589581089.png

Yes, you are right. The Standover Height for Trek Allant+ 7 Lowstep size S is 47.6 cm (18.74"). The Standover Height is measured where the rider is expected to stand with both feet planted on the ground. It is not the lowest point of the bike.

L - Standover (height)
I would argue that’s not the step-through (how high one must raise their foot to step-through the bike frame...my terminology) height. I think that would be a valuable comparison number for many Folks.

Trek have updated the Electra Townie Go! Cruiser line for MY 2021, this top of the line Townie Path Go! 10D EQ model has a frame integrated 500wh battery, Bosch Performance line motor, wide range 11-42t 10-speed cassette, and SmartphoneHub that uses your phone and the COBI app as the display.
1612842607412.jpeg

I'm new to the world of e-bikes. Please inform me, why is a chainguard bad on a mid-drive?
From time to time, it is necessary to replace the chain (at least the chain) on a mid-drive motor e-bike, as chain wear is quite pronounced there. To replace the chain, you need to remove the chainguard first. In mid-drive motor e-bike, the rider never propels the chainring directly with the cranks; it is done via the motor internal gearing. For this reason, the construction might quite impede chainguard removal; I've heard stories of some Gazelle e-bikes where removing the chainguard could be quite tricky.

You also need to maintain the chain: degrease and lube it. Chainguard creates an obstacle. Finally: sometimes chains snap. Do I need to say more?

Majority of mid-drive motor e-bikes has just a chainring-guard that is easy to remove in the case of the need of chainring replacement, and it does not impede access to the chain in any way. (e-MTBs don't use chainring or chain guards at all; it is a chain-guide at maximum).

What’s the big trouble? Seems like it’s just three attachment points to remove.
Different people have different experience with chainguards. Cowlitz, fooferdoggie and other:

Chainguard is a hipster thing nowadays. Does any lady ride in very long skirts today? Hardly. Yet any time you need to take care of your chain (not saying anything on chainring replacement), you need to take that goddam thing away...

Different people have different experience with chainguards. Cowlitz, fooferdoggie and other:

Chainguard is a hipster thing nowadays. Does any lady ride in very long skirts today? Hardly. Yet any time you need to take care of your chain (not saying anything on chainring replacement), you need to take that goddam thing away...
Seems more like a style exercise IMO, at least with the Townie. There’s still the chainring protector even if you took the guard off. I’ve noticed a number of these step-through ebikes do have chain guards.

A chain guard, or better an Hebie chain-glider or a full chain case, is a useful commuting accessory for mid-drive + internal geared hub ebikes that don't use a Gates belt. I use a chain-glider on my BBS01/Nexus-8 IGH and don't get road grime on my trouser/pants leg, and don't need to oil my chain frequently.

Attachments

• chain glider.jpg
    chain glider.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 250
Back