Step-Thru

Turbo Como SL 4.0 $4,000​

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/t...355?color=322683-200355&searchText=90121-5002

Specialized

I guess I must be enough older than you that I no longer care about the optics :). I love everything about my Arroyo. When I first got it, I did get a little friendly teasing from my son and a few others about having a "girls bike", but anyone who I have let take it for a test ride just comes back with a huge grin! The Arroyo is just a joy to ride.
Normally I associate the marketing trade with the Dark Side, but they came up with a brilliant answer to the "girl's bike" charge: "Hey boomer, how come ya riding a girl's bike?" To which I answer: "This ain't no girls bike, kid; it's a STEP THROUGH!"

"Beauty and elegance made in Italy"​

Interesting they partnered with a leather bag maker to make the panniers & integrate the front light in the handlebar bag, I hope that light can be angled downward though the 18,000 lumen spec is fishy and appears on cheap $16 bike lights on AliExpress. Overpriced for a 36v front hub motor ebike with a 10ah battery and Sturmey 5 IGH, I wonder how much is going to the bag company?

Last edited:
Etnnic folding step-through tadpole electric trike, from a Spanish brand & sold in the EU market. This one is a single speed with a hub motor, but they also have mid-drive, fat tire, and city models, with internal geared rear hubs.
folding-motor-rueda-1.jpg

Last edited:
What do you mean? Did it just launch??

I've seen a review a long time ago, if I remember correctly, it's a Japanese mamachari inspired ebike.
Timpo I think the brand rep is just confirming the version 1.2 model with a new drivetrain has just launched

Etnnic folding step-through tadpole electric trike, from a Spanish brand & sold in the EU market. This one is a single speed with a hub motor, but they also have mid-drive, fat tire, and city models, with internal geared rear hubs.
folding-motor-rueda-1.jpg
That's a smart design. Do you know what they sell for in the EU? Looks like it either folds or splits into two pieces? Seems like the North American market could use a few models like it.

That's a smart design. Do you know what they sell for in the EU? Looks like it either folds or splits into two pieces? Seems like the North American market could use a few models like it.
Get Cycling in York UK sells the non electric Nexus 8-speed Etnnic folding 2.0 version for about $2700, and it looks like you could convert it with a Bafang bbs mid-drive if desired, the single speed hub motor version shown here sells for four grand, and the mid-drive with 3, 5, or 8-speed IGH for $4800. I too like the folding design a lot, reminds me of the Brompton the way it folds under, and having the two front wheels fold forwards makes it truly compact, the aluminum frame weight is surprisingly light for a trike, under 50lb, the downside to the lightweight construction is the folding version can only take riders up to 220lb.

Last edited:
Azor Texel, with Shimano Steps e6100 motor and Shimano RollerBrakes, this model is imported to the US by the Amsterdam Bicycle Company.

Attachments

• 1622257181676.jpeg
    1622257181676.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 178
Bluejay, a San Francisco based lifestyle brand run by a former fashion industry executive Jennifer Bogan. Sold online or stocked by Clever Cycles in Portland, OR, and Bicycle Belle in Boston, MA, their first model, the Premiere Edition, is a Class 1 ebike using a Bafang M400 350w (80nm) with torque PAS, 48v 11ah battery, an Alfine 8 IGH, and a rear rack with a Yepp seat window rated up to 55lb
C8BA3AB7-67A5-4B86-97C3-8FF847051471.jpeg

Last edited:
$2,900 is a good price for that Veloretti Ivy with Enviolo Autmatiq CVT hub. Hopefully they will follow their fellow Dutch brand Vanmoof and one day sell in the US

Back