STEP THRU CANCELLED

skr

I CANCELLED TWO STEP THRUS THIS AFTERNOON. TIRED OF WAITING AND BEING PROMISED THAT THEY WOULD BE SHIPPED TODAY, I'VE HEARD THIS THE PAST 3 WEEKS. ASKED WHY AND WAS TOLD THAT WHEN I REQUESTED A MILITARY DISCOUNT I WENT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST AS FAR AS SHE COULD TELL. TALKED TO 3 PEOPLE AND NO ONE COULD GIVE ME A DEFINITE ANSWER, SEEMED LIKE THEY DIDN'T CARE IF I CANCELLED OR NOT. PRETTY POOR SERVICE IF YOU ASK ME.

sorry to hear.when was your order date? and number? i just got an email that said things were just starting to ship. i ordered 1 st week of Aug.. they said September shipping so i planned on having to wait til last week of September. maybe add 2 weeks after that then i would get annoyed without an update. as with anything shipped during covid i would expect delays. they are budget priced and high value. bikes are sold out everywhere so it just isint electric bikes.

sorry to hear.when was your order date? and number? i just got an email that said things were just starting to ship. i ordered 1 st week of Aug.. they said September shipping so i planned on having to wait til last week of September. maybe add 2 weeks after that then i would get annoyed without an update. as with anything shipped during covid i would expect delays. they are budget priced and high value. bikes are sold out everywhere so it just isint electric bikes.
Ordered 5 July, told it would be here the end of August. Then the first of September. Called each week and told the same story. Called Monday and promised it would ship out today, When I spoke to the girl she said they were all shipped today and so mine would be the next shipment. That's when I got upset. They've had my money since. Never could get anything straight from them.

Ordered 5 July, told it would be here the end of August. Then the first of September. Called each week and told the same story. Called Monday and promised it would ship out today, When I spoke to the girl she said they were all shipped today and so mine would be the next shipment. That's when I got upset. They've had my money since. Never could get anything straight from them.
My daughter and son in law had an electric bike that they were trying out and had to let the dealer know the first of September, he let them try it for the weekend. I talked them into not buying it and wait till we got ours. So they lost out of that deal also. I would have felt better if they could have given me a reason for the delay but it will get cold here in October and so I wouldn't use it much till April at the earliest and then the warranty it half gone.

i saw in another thread that people ordered later in July and have gotten shipping notices already. did you get bumped back because they gave you a military discount? is it because they had to scrap your first order and change it to a new order with a discount?

Unfortunately shipping during the pandemic has been problematic for many things. The supply chain has a Domino effect creating lots of delays in lots of industries. Ebikes are a small part of problem.
Many household appliances are unavailable, HVAC equipment is in short supply.
These are not normal times or circumstances. The only thing to do is wait patiently, chose and alternative if available, or cancel and forget about it.

i saw in another thread that people ordered later in July and have gotten shipping notices already. did you get bumped back because they gave you a military discount? is it because they had to scrap your first order and change it to a new order with a discount?
Yes I think that is the reason. But acted like they didn’t care.

Thanks for your service! kinda crappy they didnt let you stay at the same order number. my experience is sometimes the people who answer the phones deal with the ugly all day and after a while they just become like a robot answering questions like they dont care. its a shame they didnt give you a better time frame. in the email i just got it says there only shipping XPs. i wonder if they will even ship step thrus this month. im gonna stick it out a few more weeks.

Thanks for your service! kinda crappy they didnt let you stay at the same order number. my experience is sometimes the people who answer the phones deal with the ugly all day and after a while they just become like a robot answering questions like they dont care. its a shame they didnt give you a better time frame. in the email i just got it says there only shipping XPs. i wonder if they will even ship step thrus this month. im gonna stick it out a few more weeks.

Hang in there.
We got 2 black Step-Thrus on 9/9. Very nice looking bikes.
Ordered 6/17, Order#16550 (changed order from XPs to Step-Thrus 6/24)
Thanks, Service Dude, ... but how would these VERY busy people have acted if they DID care?

Maybe next time come ask for some discussion before canceling, ...might help with patience.

Hang in there.
We got 2 black Step-Thrus on 9/9. Very nice looking bikes.
Ordered 6/17, Order#16550 (changed order from XPs to Step-Thrus 6/24)
Thanks, Service Dude, ... but how would these VERY busy people have acted if they DID care?

Maybe next time come ask for some discussion before canceling, ...might help with patience.
I was told by the first girl today that all bikes were shipped and I would have to wait for the next group. I purchased expense helmets, seats, and posts and mirrors. We had two electric bikes and sold them because my wife wrecked twice because they were too tall, 26 inch tires. She didn’t want another one but we seen one in our trailer park and said she wanted one then that night we saw the step thru. We’re 74 and 73 years young, my kids have the Rad bikes but we wanted these. I know what I’ve been told since the end of July and would have felt better if they wouldn’t have “promised” by middle of September. I feel like I’ve been strung along. And I’ll admit I’m mad for being told one thing and then something else happens.

I was told by the first girl today that all bikes were shipped and I would have to wait for the next group. I purchased expense helmets, seats, and posts and mirrors. We had two electric bikes and sold them because my wife wrecked twice because they were too tall, 26 inch tires. She didn’t want another one but we seen one in our trailer park and said she wanted one then that night we saw the step thru. We’re 74 and 73 years young, my kids have the Rad bikes but we wanted these. I know what I’ve been told since the end of July and would have felt better if they wouldn’t have “promised” by middle of September. I feel like I’ve been strung along. And I’ll admit I’m mad for being told one thing and then something else happens.

I know you were probably angry when you banged out your original thread title, ...but PLEASE
use the edit function to correct the spelling of "STDEP". My brain goes "TilT" every time I see it.

Thanks! :)

Biggest bike boom in decades. The joys of an OEM direct business model.

I can understand why Lectric Bikes doesn't care if you cancel your order. They are selling every bike they make. They will make more money selling your discounted bike to someone else at full price.

IMO, it's just another example of a veteran being treated like a second class citizen.

In any case, thank you for all you have done for your country and hang in there. Find a dealer who will treat you with the respect you deserve.

IMO, it's just another example of a veteran being treated like a second class citizen.
I fail to see how this veteran is being treated like a second class citizen. He is getting a discount, even though it is slow in coming. Non veterans can not get the discount, no matter how long they are willing to wait for it. How does this make the non-veteran a first class citizen and the veteran a second class citizen.? I am a veteran who ordered 2 XP's then asked for the discount several weeks later. Lectric gave me a credit for the veteran discount. They did not have to do that. In no way did they treat me as second class citizen. Rather quite the opposite... In fact most businesses who offer veteran discounts are treating me as a first class citizen...

I fail to see how this veteran is being treated like a second class citizen. He is getting a discount, even though it is slow in coming. Non veterans can not get the discount, no matter how long they are willing to wait for it. How does this make the non-veteran a first class citizen and the veteran a second class citizen.? I am a veteran who ordered 2 XP's then asked for the discount several weeks later. Lectric gave me a credit for the veteran discount. They did not have to do that. In no way did they treat me as second class citizen. Rather quite the opposite... In fact most businesses who offer veteran discounts are treating me as a first class citizen...
I got the discount September 2, as near as i can tell a new order was created that day, called back today and hopefully getting back in line.

I got the discount September 2, as near as i can tell a new order was created that day, called back today and hopefully getting back in line.

Good for you SKR, ...I think this is a good move.:)

Misunderstandings and confusion are rampant these days, with all of us stressed by virus, politics, etc.

I really doubt that any offense was intended by the Lectric staff, and I think you will like being a part of this "family". It is a very helpful and friendly group IMO. Also pretty mature, behavior-wise, whether because of age or simple good manners, ...(I am another old fart at 80 ;-)

Can you tell us something about the "veteran's discount"? I was unaware of it, and had not seen it mentioned in any of the company posts/videos, etc.

I CANCELLED TWO STEP THRUS THIS AFTERNOON. TIRED OF WAITING AND BEING PROMISED THAT THEY WOULD BE SHIPPED TODAY, I'VE HEARD THIS THE PAST 3 WEEKS. ASKED WHY AND WAS TOLD THAT WHEN I REQUESTED A MILITARY DISCOUNT I WENT TO THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST AS FAR AS SHE COULD TELL. TALKED TO 3 PEOPLE AND NO ONE COULD GIVE ME A DEFINITE ANSWER, SEEMED LIKE THEY DIDN'T CARE IF I CANCELLED OR NOT. PRETTY POOR SERVICE IF YOU ASK ME.

Their system is not setup to add the discount after the order. It has to be manually input after it’s been logged.

This happened to me in July. Your order number didn’t get changed or canceled, to the computer it read that you still OWED 5% and this lead to the delay in fulfillment.

If I recall right, I read about the Veterans discount here mid June after I’d made the purchase late May. I wasn’t interested in less $, but cutting line (very admittedly a dick move, but I was desperate).

I was told no, but they’d still give the 5% off, and made no outward signs of judgement towards my improper request. So after first declining I accepted.

A couple of weeks later bikes started going out, I was excited. People posting here, with #s past mine, one guy in Canada!

I could go on, but the bike finally arrived. I choose to look at it as a karmic payback. It’s a new company going through some exponential growth and me being me exposed myself to an overlook in their billing system that I’d wager they bought, not designed.

I guess I owe you and any others that got stuck an apology for not signing up sooner to advise you on the follow thru needed for a veterans discount after the original purchase, as I’ve gotten lots of good information lurking.

Veteran's discount? First I've heard of that. I ordered an XP last year and a step-through this year for my wife which FEDEX is supposed to deliver today. Ordered in July for August delivery. So how much does a Veteran's discount get you?

Back