ST1 Platinum

Got my first flat today!! It suuuuuuuucked. Rear wheel went super soft pretty quick. So I get it home and put it up and the stand, pull off the wheel (which if you have the tools actually isn't that hard) and then I remembered I have Schwalbe goo in my tube!! Haha, all I had to do was pump my tire back up and keep the cut low. The air forced some of the solution out but it dried quickly and is holding pressure just fine! So I wrestled the tire back on and just got back from a test run... Seems to be good!

What kind of tires do you have, specifically? So far so good after 2000 miles on my Stromer.. Maxxi Overdrive Excel 1.75" tires.. They are wearing well. Not built for grip.. when they wear will upgrade to 2", same tire, if they are around.

I still have the original Schwalbe "Big Ben's". They are starting to show a little bit of wear but not nearly as much as I thought I'd have at 4000km. I was maybe going to look at ordering the New Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires. Apparently they have even more puncture protection!

I still have the original Schwalbe "Big Ben's". They are starting to show a little bit of wear but not nearly as much as I thought I'd have at 4000km. I was maybe going to look at ordering the New Schwalbe Marathon Plus tires. Apparently they have even more puncture protection!
Same. I have the Big Bens on now. There is not much puncture protection going on with these. The piece of glass that popped my tire was not that big. When these wear out I'm switching to Schwalbe Marathon Plus as well.

Haha.... Luckily my bike doesn't stand still for very long, I doubt anyone will notice it's lost any beef on the tread!

very funny Ravi. Took me 3 shots before I got it. I burst out laughing in a movie theatre

:D
Our group here on EBR in a nutshell.

Groupies.jpg

I wonder if this guy had his tires slimed or lined or suspension added ;-)

Edward 'Ryko' Reichenback cycled from Adelaide to Darwin at the age of 21 The 3,000km journey took him 28 days to complete. He arrived at the Darwin Post Office 100 years ago today The Northern Territory Library have released photographs of his journey to commemorate the centenary The keen photographer took more than 3,000 photographs of the Northern Territory but they were stolen from his apartment and only a few hundred are available to the public, from private collections or libraries...

Back