Specialized Turbo Vado SL: An Incredible E-Bike (User Club)

I have only had the Vado SL since June but can relate.
I bought the non EQ because (a) the non EQ was already the most expensive bike that I had ever purchased and (b) I didn't see the sense in having fenders on the bike. At that time I was completely unaware of the differing drivetrain and gears....of the FutureShock etc. I did observe that they put a more street oriented tire on the EQ bike. I didn't fully understand that the rear rack was integrated with the fenders. In my case it seemed that I knew far more about the Vado SL when compared to my salesman.....but that is another story. Back in June the non EQ 4.0 was on a steep discount at $2499US so I jumped at it. I'm glad I did.

I'm not a kid anymore either and I didn't/don't plan on riding in the rain. I have, however, been caught in heavy rains more than once. I still didn't miss having the fenders....I'd have been soaked either way. It happens.

This is all a learning process and I was up for the challenge. This forum helped me to become more knowledgeable, however, I was still a 'babe in the woods' at my time of purchase. There are things that I just hadn't realized prior and I will definitely be a more educated consumer should I purchase another bike in the future.

I added flat pedals, grips with horns, and a RedShift suspension stem to the bike (and re-routed my headlamp due to the stem replacement). That is all that I have done and I am 98% happy with the bike as it is.
I don't miss fenders whatsoever and the inclusion of fenders prevented me from the ability to utilize a platform car rack safely/soundly although I now know that there are ways to overcome this. Though subjective I also prefer the naked look of a bike without fenders....that's just a 'me' thing. The rear light on the non EQ prevents me from easily installing a dropper post, however, I have found the OEM seat to be quite comfortable...and with the suspension stem added I no longer feel a strong need for the dropper post. I like that rear seat-light functionality and I do not wish to delete it.....I feel safer with it as-is.

I would have appreciated a Spesh OEM rear rack solution for the Non EQ Vado SL. As discussed, without the rear fender the OEM rack requires a top mount solution. There are of course solutions to this but none have yet jumped out at me as the right solution for my needs. As colder weather is upon us I now, for the first time, really feel that a rear rack could be useful to me. The bike is darn close to perfect for me...and I realize that any new bike will require some add-on bits and customizations as us riders are all different.

All in all.....especially given my naivety at the time of purchase.....I am quite pleased with my Vado SL 4.0.
Some thoughts in no particular order for you or other readers...

FutureShock is nice - if you can choose a model with it. When I last looked it was just the Vado SL 5.0 models, though looking at the 5.0 EQ the specs don't list it but the photo shows it... Would want to confirm in person. Other models you can use somethign like Redshift as you've done.

Fenders are good for commuters who may need to ride on wet pavement after a rain, or for folks in wet climates who experience more wet pavement than dry. For those who can pick and choose when we ride, something like the SKS X-Blade temporary rear fender can work well for those infrequent times we want a rear fender.

Lights - integrated is convenient but hate that none of them blink. Personally I want it to blink during the daytime (DRL), and at night I want something brighter, so I'm already using an aftermarket light. For the rear, I use a Varia RTL515 light/radar so the non-blinking integrated light is also superfluous.

Rear rack - it's unfortunate SBC chose not to provide rack stay mounting bosses, but aftermarket solutions exist such as this mount which attaches to the seatpost. You can then skip having a rear fender serving as the rack stay and gain a wider choice of racks. Or go with a quick release option allowing you to easily switch from rack to no rack: Ortlieb Quick Rack

Dropper post - note this is different than a suspension seat post. Intended to let you lower your center of gravity and move around a bit more on the more technical downhills you might find in gravel or singletrack riding.

Some thoughts in no particular order for you or other readers...

FutureShock is nice - if you can choose a model with it. When I last looked it was just the Vado SL 5.0 models, though looking at the 5.0 EQ the specs don't list it but the photo shows it... Would want to confirm in person. Other models you can use somethign like Redshift as you've done.

Fenders are good for commuters who may need to ride on wet pavement after a rain, or for folks in wet climates who experience more wet pavement than dry. For those who can pick and choose when we ride, something like the SKS X-Blade temporary rear fender can work well for those infrequent times we want a rear fender.

Lights - integrated is convenient but hate that none of them blink. Personally I want it to blink during the daytime (DRL), and at night I want something brighter, so I'm already using an aftermarket light. For the rear, I use a Varia RTL515 light/radar so the non-blinking integrated light is also superfluous.

Rear rack - it's unfortunate SBC chose not to provide rack stay mounting bosses, but aftermarket solutions exist such as this mount which attaches to the seatpost. You can then skip having a rear fender serving as the rack stay and gain a wider choice of racks. Or go with a quick release option allowing you to easily switch from rack to no rack: Ortlieb Quick Rack

Dropper post - note this is different than a suspension seat post. Intended to let you lower your center of gravity and move around a bit more on the more technical downhills you might find in gravel or singletrack riding.

I had not realized that a 'dropper' post differs from a suspension post. I need to better understand this difference and will look into it. Thank you!

I will also look (again) at that Ortlieb Quick Rack, however, it seemed to me a less than elegant solution for a rear rack. I am a bit picky about 'things' and didn't love the connection(s) and construction of that rack. I don't want to have a rear rack that rattles and drives me crazy all the time.

I will also look (again) at that Ortlieb Quick Rack, however, it seemed to me a less than elegant solution for a rear rack. I am a bit picky about 'things' and didn't love the connection(s) and construction of that rack. I don't want to have a rear rack that rattles and drives me crazy all the time.
I've not seen the Ortlieb in person, just noticed it as an interesting option. Too bad that it doesn't seem to be as good as it might appear.

Trek/Bontrager has some decent MIK-compatible racks, which is great as you can either buy a MIK compatible trunk bag or buy the adapter plate to mount on the bottom of the bag of your choosing. I've been considering the narrower BackRack Lightweight MIK Rear Rack for my Creo but want to get more miles under me before I spend that money. (also haven't found one locally which I'd want to do to check fitment.

@BEC111, @mfgrep, @GAJ, @gpburdell: My views in no particular order:
  • When I bought my Vado SL 4.0 EQ, it was intended for everyday use with special focus on the utility view, that is, grocery shopping. Over the time, it has turned out I needed to carry as much as up to 23 kg gross in two panniers and a backpack. The standard Vado SL rear rack is too weak for that purpose; it bends (so the rear fender gets skewed to the side, which is very bad). I have found my Vado 6.0 is ideal for the utility purposes with its sturdy rear rack and the powerful motor.
  • My needs have changed. I have never expected I would be attracted to sporty riding gravel and rough terrain! Now, my objective is to make my Vado SL simple and even more lightweight (but not at any cost).
  • I might need a rack but a sturdier one. Options exist: a user has reported how he installed a Racktime Standit 2.0 rack on his Vado SL.
  • But I might not need a rack at all. Gravel cyclist use huge undersaddle bags from Apidura or Ortlieb or Jack Pack. What I need is to carry up to 3 kg of Range Extenders and some tools plus a spare tube.
  • As @gpburdell said, SKS X-Blade is a good replacement for full fenders.
Regarding the dropper post: I would love to have one but:
  1. I prefer the suspension seat-post to a dropper
  2. I find it impossible to use the saddle bag and the rear light together with the dropper seat-post. You cannot have them all!
1696622604993.png

Vado 6.0 in its proper role. Unfortunately, my Vado SL EQ has turned out to be unsuitable for carrying heavy cargo! The blue pannier weighed 10.2 kg gross in this photo, the pannier on the other side was 7.8 kg, and the pannier-backpack was 4.8 kg (I weighed them post ride). The return trip was 40 minutes while I need 50 or more min to complete the trip on my Vado SL.

Last edited:
I asked my wife to get me this for Christmas for grocery shopping and whatnot.

Sexy! :) If I am on a sporty ride that would be a small Samsonite backpack. The grocery shopping requires something more substantial, so I use Ortlieb Vario PS, which is a convertible pannier-backpack. A single movement of a big flap converts the bag between both roles! I need to carry eggs, glass jars and bottles safely! :)
Already got this lock which sits at home most of the time.

My very area is bike-theft free. Still, I would not spend an hour in a supermarket without a good lock. My choice has been an Abus 400 A, an alarm U-lock. 1.3 kg is heavy... what do? :)

Vado 6.0 in its proper role. Unfortunately, my Vado SL EQ has turned out to be unsuitable for carrying heavy cargo! The blue pannier weighed 10.2 kg gross in this photo, the pannier on the other side was 7.8 kg, and the pannier-backpack was 4.8 kg (I weighed them post ride). The return trip was 40 minutes while I need 50 or more min to complete the trip on my Vado SL.

I would love to own that Vado 6.0 (or 5.0 here in the US) but it would need to be a 2nd ebike for me.
I can't wrap my head around having the full power Vado as an only bike and most definitely prefer the SL version for that role. Subjective of course.

I would find many uses and errands for which the full power Vado could be quite useful and it would give me more saddle time. I like that bicycle a great deal.

Time and money ..... time and money

I would love to own that Vado 6.0 (or 5.0 here in the US) but it would need to be a 2nd ebike for me.
I can't wrap my head around having the full power Vado as an only bike and most definitely prefer the SL version for that role. Subjective of course.

I would find many uses and errands for which the full power Vado could be quite useful and it would give me more saddle time. I like that bicycle a great deal.

Time and money ..... time and money
If I were to choose one of the two that would be an SL, too.

I had never believed in the whole Specialized SL thing until I could ride an SL myself. My bad legs can deliver 70-80 W on average (with short burst of far more if I have to). I have got used to the "full power" modern e-bikes, the 24 kg (or heavier), mid-motor, and integrated removable battery machines that I can (yes) lift upstairs but never raise any of them to the shoulder level. Yes, full power e-bikes can travel fast (especially S-Pedelecs or derestricted ones), can climb very steep hills too but it is hardly possible to pedal them unassisted or past the limiter. And they eat the battery at the rate that forces me to carry a spare for any long (read: 80 km or above) trip. The Warsaw Specialized Brand Store signed a rental agreement with me on last Saturday, charged the rental fee (28 EUR or 34 US$ equivalent), and let me ride a Vado SL 4.0 non-EQ size L for a day.

Sizing
Vado SL Step-Over is a tall bike. My own "standover height" is 78 cm (30.7"). With the M frame, I could straddle the top tube with safe clearance but I was actually touching it with my private parts for size L. I'd love the reach of the size M; I was leaning over the handlebars a little too much to my liking but, interestingly, too large frame didn't compromise ride safety or comfort for me. I was genuinely surprised with that! (The store had the non-EQ size L Vado SL as the only available demo option for Saturday so I had to take it or leave it; the size M 4.0 EQ e-bike was on display for sale).

Motor Noise
As I hear some complaints of SL e-bikes related to the SL 1.1 motor noise, here is my observation:
  • The SL 1.1 motor is indeed audible. In default Eco mode, the noise is very soft, chirpy. The more support is provided, the louder the motor gets but it never becomes annoying.
  • By comparison, the Specialized 1.2e, 1.2, and 1.2s motors are virtually silent except 100% Turbo mode under very high load; still, that noise is barely audible. Heavily loaded 1.2 motors just want to whisper to you "Hey... I'm here!" I have never tried the 1.3 motor but it is reportedly barely louder under loading.
  • SyncDrive Pro (Yamaha PW-X2) is noisy, with constant whining, still that noise is manageable.
I think the owners of Vado SL or Creo are simply unaware how quiet these motors are compared to other makes.

Riding Unassisted
Nothing different to any 15 kg (33 lb) traditional bike. No "motor drag". I would be able to pedal the Vado SL easily in flat battery situation without suffering (albeit rather slowly). I'm sure any healthy cyclist could ride the SL with the assistance OFF as the primary riding mode on flats and in absence of headwind. Vado SL feels a traditional bike in any aspect!

Riding Assisted
ECO mode feels the most logical assistance level to ride Vado SL, especially for the European 25 km/h version. It was just enough for me to feel a 25-yo again riding a traditional bike (I have never been a strong person). The feeling how lightweight the SL is, is incredible. The pedalling experience is so natural that you never even think you are on e-bike! There is excellent acceleration property: just push pedals stronger and you start moving fast! The SL was the first e-bike I could ride where staying in Eco mode on the flat felt fantastic, without the need of even thinking of going for more support. Also, I could use the derailleur sparingly. In full power heavier e-bikes, I utilize the derailleur in wide range from low gears to start the ride to high gears to move fast. Vado SL moves so easily from the cold start that I only used the derailleur to maintain my favourite cadence but not to make the cold start easier, for one.

Sport mode: Ideal to ride soft inclines, and to counter moderate headwind. I hardly ever used the Sport mode for the demo ride.

Turbo mode: Very useful! In urban environment, it allows climbing obstacles such us overpass without even increasing your heart-rate. I found the Turbo mode useful in countering storm headwind (very very strong!) I experienced on my route. Not sure how good the SL would be in real hilly environment though.

Full-power e-bikes give the edge when you really need tons of power; the SL is decidedly not as powerful. It is a very natural bike instead, helping you ride under circumstances that would turn your trip into nightmare on a traditional bike.

Riding past the speed limiter
That was a hilarious experience! If that's the 25 km/h limiter then you hit the speed limit very quickly. What happens next? Just pedal and ride faster on your leg power! On a full power e-bike, riding past the speed limiter means "hitting the wall". It is not so with Vado SL. Yes, you can feel it is harder to pedal (because you have lost good watts that had assisted you) but it is just like riding a traditional bike! Nothing different!

Anecdote: I was riding leisurely on a good straight asphalt road. Suddenly, a pack of three beautiful female roadies took me over at high speed. I instantly switched the Turbo mode on and started chasing the girls. What an experience! I broke past 25 km/h and pedalled unassisted with the maximum leg power burst I could manage. Strava tells me I reached 38 km/h (unassisted!) I couldn't catch up with the girls but got so close they must have heard my "WOOOOW! You're amazing, girls!" exclamation before I gave up :)

Battery consumption
The bike appears to not be eating the battery charge at all! :) Now I can believe Specialized marketing claim you could make 100 miles on a single charge (if no upwind and flat terrain). As long as I and friend rode slowly and leisurely, the 7th battery status bar with which I started the Eco mode ride didn't want to disappear for long kilometres. Of course, Sport and especially Turbo mode eat more but... I used 3 bars (of 10) for a 41 km trip, part of which was ridden in Turbo mode for emergency reasons.

Handling, comfort, brakes, gearing, equipment
Vado SL must have been designed by some geniuses. Almost every aspect of the e-bike is extremely well thought. Handling of the bike on the ride is just fantastic.

Despite of lack of any suspension on Vado SL, the e-bike is surprisingly comfortable even on surfaces far from ideal. If I bought an SL, I would probably only did these upgrades:
  • Rear-view mirror
  • TCD display, or a smartphone handlebar mount
  • Pedals of my choice
  • Better lighting. (that claim proved to be wrong)
Did you hear me saying: "suspension stem", "suspension seatpost", "better grips", "better saddle" or "better tyres"? No. I could live with stock components for a longer while. I especially liked the Specialized stock tyres, and even the saddle was not that bad!

Update (September 4th, 2021): I was carried away with my demo ride. In fact, Vado SL is a stiff e-bike that offers a little of compliance. When I actually bought the e-bike, I soon needed to upgrade it with RedShift ShockStop suspension stem and seatpost. I also replaced the stock tyres with Schwalbe Smart Sam 37-622. Later, found Specialized Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss 38-622 ideal tyres for Vado SL.

Brakes: Reliable, performing excellently in torrential-like rain!
Gearing: Certainly ideal for flats. (Cannot say anything for riding an SL in really hilly conditions).

Lighting of Vado SL is laughable and can only serve as daily lights. The weakest point of that otherwise excellent e-bike.

EQ vs non-EQ. Step-Over vs. Step-Through
For the Poland's condition, the EQ version is the must, although one could think of fitting MTB mudguards, and the rear rack is not really necessary for fitness rides (because Vado SL is indeed a fitness e-bike). I would just feel better with proper fenders and a rack. If one plans no swapping the seat-post for a suspension one, the tail-light placement under the saddle in non-EQ is smart, and the tail-light of the non-EQ is indeed not bad!

The exciting news is the Step-Through Vado SL shall appear in our market sometime in August. I'm strongly interested in buying Vado SL 4.0 EQ ST size M, White Sage colour!

View attachment 90242
You can actually put the SL on your shoulder and carry it upstairs!

Battery charging
The only downside of the SL is the fact you have to charge the battery on the bike. Making it awkward for touring (staying in hotels)
Thank you, Stefan, for all your insightful posts! I have been an owner of Turbo Vado SL 5.0 since October 2021 and I love the bike. It is a pleasure to join the club here on EBR forum!

Since I am going back to Poland next year (after 8 years in Fresno, California), I will be selling my Vado SL 5.0 here and buying an SL in Poland. I am thinking of an SL 4.0 this time (way less expensive) but I have not 100% decided yet. What I love about the SL 5.0 ym 2021 is its overall well-overthought design and great components (Shimano XT derailler, carbon fork and Future Shock that makes a ride smooth).

I totally agree that that an SL rides as if it were a regular bike. I had test rides on a non-SL Vado and immediately decided that the bike is not for me. Where I will live in Poland (Wrocław), the terrain is flat and I totally agree with Stefan that the Eco mode is just enough to move around without sweating (I am 70, BTW).

Again, happy to be part of this community!

Welcome to the Club, Przemek!
I'd say Vado SL 5.0 makes a difference over the 4.0 if you want to ride in rough terrain and climb some hills. Lower Silesia where you are moving to is exactly that kind of the region (as you know the best). Exactly the three components you mentioned make a big difference!

Specialized might release a Vado SL based on the SL 1.2 motor next year and that would make the e-bike even better for the hills!

Besides, any plan to ride in Karkonosze or Góry Izerskie? A full power Vado or Tero or Tero X would be necessary for the high mountains. Just saying.

Wheels upgrade:

I enjoy my Vado SL enough that I have given some thought towards upgrading to carbon wheels. I have never ridden or purchased carbon wheels prior and had assumed that I might find a set from the plethora offered used locally.

I am finding that the Vado SL characteristics including 12mm axles both front and rear combined with its Road Boost spacing leave me with few options aside from having a wheelset custom made and shipped to me. As you might imagine this is quite an expensive proposition. Additionally, a wheel-set specifically for the Vado SL is unlikely to be useful on a differing frame in the future....strengthening my unwillingness to spend a great deal of money on this potential upgrade.

I certainly lack additional experience and insight related to this matter. Can anyone offer advice or suggestions?

I certainly lack additional experience and insight related to this matter.
I am not an expert on that. What I've heard is you can use regular 12x142 mm hub spacing wheels on your Vado SL using Specialized spacers to make the rear wheel fit the 148 mm frame spacing. I am absolutely not an expert here (you might ask your LBS). Mr @e-levity, @mschwett? Any ideas?

Can anyone offer advice or suggestions?
Like in Ride On? :)

Have you already converted to tubeless? Vado SL rims are tubeless ready. You would make your existing wheels more lightweight and faster rolling by that inexpensive process. Why would you like carbon wheels in the first place? If you want more compliance, trust me, Specialized will gladly take your money for the carbon fork and FutureShock 1.5 (I asked them).

I am not an expert on that. What I've heard is you can use regular 12x142 mm hub spacing wheels on your Vado SL using Specialized spacers to make the rear wheel fit the 148 mm frame spacing. I am absolutely not an expert here (you might ask your LBS). Mr @e-levity, @mschwett? Any ideas?

Have you already converted to tubeless? Vado SL rims are tubeless ready. You would make your existing wheels more lightweight and faster rolling by that inexpensive process. Why would you like carbon wheels in the first place? If you want more compliance, trust me, Specialized will gladly take your money for the carbon fork and FutureShock 1.5 (I asked them).
Hey I'm just asking the question. I'm curious about an additional wheel set for that bike..... For a number of reasons.... And I am finding it difficult to purchase an off the shelf decent product at a good price that fit that bike. It's really that simple.

Going tubeless is definitely something that I want to explore. I am also exploring wheels..... Exploring...... Nothing more.

Again the 12 mm axle combined with Road Boost spacing..... Not a lot of carbon wheel options it seems.

If anybody has good information, I'd appreciate a post

For clarity:

"The new Road Boost standard uses 12x148mm rear & 12x110mm front thru-axles, mixing accepted Boost-spacing with a smaller 12mm front axle to create wider, stiffer, and stronger wheels to stand up to more off-road use and heavier bikes & e-bikes."

This new 'mutt' spacing is not so common as one might think

This article sheds a lot of light on this wheel size issue and specifically discusses the Vado SL.

For clarity:

"The new Road Boost standard uses 12x148mm rear & 12x110mm front thru-axles, mixing accepted Boost-spacing with a smaller 12mm front axle to create wider, stiffer, and stronger wheels to stand up to more off-road use and heavier bikes & e-bikes."

This new 'mutt' spacing is not so common as one might think

This article sheds a lot of light on this wheel size issue and specifically discusses the Vado SL.

The standard for road and gravel bikes is 12x100 mm front and 12x142 mm rear. See the Roval carbon wheels (such as Roval Terra CL) marketed by Specialized.
Yes, the Road Boost is the issue.

Now, see how Specialized tell you to solve the issue:

When I saw this remark, I decided it was too silly:
  • Each conversion kit requires the existing rear wheel to be re-dished to centre. Consult an authorized dealer to perform this operation.
Funny to think Specialized dropped the Road Boost concept from the latest Creo 2...

Wheels upgrade:

I enjoy my Vado SL enough that I have given some thought towards upgrading to carbon wheels. I have never ridden or purchased carbon wheels prior and had assumed that I might find a set from the plethora offered used locally.

I am finding that the Vado SL characteristics including 12mm axles both front and rear combined with its Road Boost spacing leave me with few options aside from having a wheelset custom made and shipped to me. As you might imagine this is quite an expensive proposition. Additionally, a wheel-set specifically for the Vado SL is unlikely to be useful on a differing frame in the future....strengthening my unwillingness to spend a great deal of money on this potential upgrade.

I certainly lack additional experience and insight related to this matter. Can anyone offer advice or suggestions?

i think this would be a nice upgrade for the vado sl! wheels and tires make a bigger difference than almost anything.

you can find the terra clx in road boost fairly easily, but they are expensive. i have them on my creo and they’re fantastic, notably faster and more comfortable.

if you look around enough, you might be able to find a set of the cheaper C38 wheels in the road boost spacing. nice but not nearly as nice as the terra! still a huge step up.

a lot of creo riders swear by much less expensive ICAN carbon wheels - you’ll have to email since they’re somewhat custom but they’ve sold many sets to creo riders, same road boost as vado sl.

Hello all

I have had my Vado SL 5.0 for just over 2 years, commute to work across London (uk) doing ~100 miles (160km) per week.
It's the non eq but with oem eq fenders and rack, reasonable amount of rain here in winter, but no eqs were available when I bought it.

I have really enjoyed ot so far and has been trouble free (the LBS did manage to install a standard rear brake lock ring at a recent service - resulting in motor failure and 2 weeks of back and forth woth specialized rider care, before the issue was realised. I got a replacement motor installed which was non needed but they have let me keep it!?! 8500 miles to 0 in one day!)

I have been looking at options for a suspension seat post - which means re routing the rear light and the forum has me pretty confident of how. I have managed to get the oem leyzene light and will look at it this weekend. Also found their "alert" version which has same power requirement (afaik) but is brighter under brakes (I use lumos firefly which does this anyway but thought it might be better having both?) - has anyone fitted the leyzene alert?

With regards to the seatpost - I like the look of the PNW coast dropper (40mm suspension and 100mm drop). I know it comes with external or internal routing- has anyone had success with internal routing of a dropper? (It looks so much neater). The rear brake and derailleur don't seem to leave any room for a 3rd cable. (I tried a search bit couldn't find any guides to an install - sorry!) and I know specialized advise its not compatible.

Nice to find a great resource and will upload some pics once I manage to get these mods done (if I can!)

i think this would be a nice upgrade for the vado sl! wheels and tires make a bigger difference than almost anything.

you can find the terra clx in road boost fairly easily, but they are expensive. i have them on my creo and they’re fantastic, notably faster and more comfortable.

if you look around enough, you might be able to find a set of the cheaper C38 wheels in the road boost spacing. nice but not nearly as nice as the terra! still a huge step up.

a lot of creo riders swear by much less expensive ICAN carbon wheels - you’ll have to email since they’re somewhat custom but they’ve sold many sets to creo riders, same road boost as vado sl.

Hey thanks for this! I believe that I am starting to understand what would and would not work on my bike. Road boost wheel set options are limited but there are a few things that I can look for. I appreciate this information very much

So I was talking to a 'bike guy' who suggested that I look for a set of thru axle 700C mountain or cross country wheels with boost spacing.
This would provide a 12x148 rear and a 15x110 front. He then suggests that I switch the end caps at the front hub to accommodate the 12x110.

What say you about this idea?

Back