Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Also...Do the users here suggest a cover for the Kinekt?
No cover is need . If it gets dusty when you do your bike cleaning spray it off and then blast some compressed air. when I got mine that cover they sell was included as a promotion . I ended up tossing it . Plus it takes away from the cool look of the stem . At least IMO It's like having covers for your golf irons . It's a gimmick to get you to spend money

Anyone have an opinion on Pedals? Thinking either the Specialized Bennies or Crank Brothers Stamp 1. Feet slip off way too easy on the stock pedals on the Como.
If flats, Bubbly Pedals from SimWorks are incredible. Beautiful, spins like Teflon on ice, comfortable grippy platform. Made by renown Japanese bike company MKS to SimWorks specifications.

6560B746-598A-4007-8099-C460DE9315B8.jpeg

Last edited:
It really is. My wife is excited to know how well it works and if I like it, i'll be ordering her one this week.
Highly recommended. Race Face Chesters are equally good. If you need something easier on your shins and calves, go for Race Face Ride.
Awesome...I know the Crank Bros are readily available locally....might get them today. I'll keep any eye out for the Race Face Chesters when I go...Luckily I have 4 places close by to check.

I know the Crank Bros are readily available locally....might get them today. I'll keep any eye out for the Race Face Chesters when I go...
I've used CB Stamp 1 & 7 on three different e-bikes, and RF Chesters on the fourth one. I install RF Ride when a lady is expected to ride my e-bike. Their beautiful legs deserve no damage!

They are definitely sharp looking..maybe work dig the shins as bad either...assume they hold the feel really well in place?
They are very grippy. I haven’t had pedals dig into my shins since the 1990s, but I rode differently back then. The platform is large and grippy. Your foot will not slip.

Unfortunately Bubbly Pedals are made out of unobtanium. They are always sold out, but they come back in stock in a few weeks. If you’re interested, get on the notification list. SimWorks will let you know 24 hours in advance.

I‘ve never experienced a pedal that spins as freely as these. Just a flick of your finger and it spins and spins. I still can’t believe the watts I was throwing away with all of my previous pedals.

932D3507-041C-4ABD-9448-9D9F67EB8849.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll give it a shot...it was through Amazon but I think it was through their Amazon "Store".

Anyone have an opinion on Pedals? Thinking either the Specialized Bennies or Crank Brothers Stamp 1. Feet slip off way too easy on the stock pedals on the Como.
I have the Stamp 1 and they are great. I went with the large even though I only have a size 9.5 foot but the larger platform makes it easier to find the sweet spot.

I have the Stamp 1 and they are great. I went with the large even though I only have a size 9.5 foot but the larger platform makes it easier to find the sweet spot.
Shopped around town and my last stop had the Stamp 1s. I bought a set. Also found some Ergon GP3s. Either tonight or tomorrow morning they are going on.

Got them on! If the stem goes this easy I'll have it made! Going to rotate the mirror down below..but other than that it feels great.

Attachments

• PXL_20210715_000335104.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210715_000335104.MP.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 175
  • PXL_20210715_000329336.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210715_000329336.MP.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 180
  • PXL_20210715_000318593.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210715_000318593.MP.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 179
  • PXL_20210714_154629210.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210714_154629210.PORTRAIT.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 170
Major score!! Got a 2018 (possibly MY 2017) Vado 6.0 with a bunch of upgrades/extras, only 660mi on it so virtually new! $2,500! This is now my husband's new bike to replace the 2.0 he bought from an acquaintance. Has a suspension seat post, but no suspension fork. The guy said a suspension fork was an option when he bought it new and he opted not to get it.

Husband is stoked! Now I may have to derestrict my bike because I know he will leave me in the dust when we ride together.

Como 3.0. My battery keeps popping out. Not far enough that it’s in danger of falling off but it makes me really nervous. i push it in until it clicks but it doesn’t seem to stay clicked in. Thoughts?

Como 3.0. My battery keeps popping out. Not far enough that it’s in danger of falling off but it makes me really nervous. i push it in until it clicks but it doesn’t seem to stay clicked in. Thoughts?
I'm giving it a good slap. Are you doing that?

They are very grippy. I haven’t had pedals dig into my shins since the 1990s, but I rode differently back then. The platform is large and grippy. Your foot will not slip.

Unfortunately Bubbly Pedals are made out of unobtanium. They are always sold out, but they come back in stock in a few weeks. If you’re interested, get on the notification list. SimWorks will let you know 24 hours in advance.

I‘ve never experienced a pedal that spins as freely as these. Just a flick of your finger and it spins and spins. I still can’t believe the watts I was throwing away with all of my previous pedals.
View attachment 93289
These are very nice. As you stated - made by MKS. It looks like they are based on MKS Sylvan. Handmade with double the bearings. Update: here’s the design:
EDF20E60-1FCB-4A24-8AE8-96BA7721F4E5.jpeg

You have a lot of tradition in those pedals - MKS makes a lot of competition components for Japanese Keirin racing. Keirin is a multibillion dollar parimutuel bicycle racing sport - huge in Japan. It used to be an exclusively men’s sport but it’s made a resurgence since introducing girl racing. If you can imagine beer drinking, gambling, and watching girls race single speed bikes - it’s the bomb man!
8590C236-EAA5-48AB-9A9D-1506948BB135.jpeg

The headline caption 顔より太もも means “Thighs rather than face”. 😁

Last edited:
These are very nice. As you stated - made by MKS. It looks like they are based on MKS Sylvan. Handmade with double the bearings. Update: here’s the design:
View attachment 93515
You have a lot of tradition in those pedals - MKS makes a lot of competition components for Japanese Keirin racing. Keirin is a multibillion dollar parimutuel bicycle racing sport - huge in Japan. It used to be an exclusively men’s sport but it’s made a resurgence since introducing girl racing. If you can imagine beer drinking, gambling, and watching girls race single speed bikes - it’s the bomb man!
View attachment 93513

Not to me.

I’m a fan and I haven’t even seen it yet. NHK English service? I’ll have to research it. Maybe on YouTube.

The Bubbly pedals are based on the New Sylvan Tour pedals. I ordered a pair when SimWorks ran out. They are nowhere near the same, other than the fluid spin. The Sylvans are beautiful but small with zero grip. My feet kept slipping off. They sit on a shelf now. I have the Bubbly pedals on four bikes.

Thanks for the tip on Keirin racing!

Well...got the RedShift on. Seems great so far. Quite easy to install and LBS gave me some round spacers to replace the oblong como ones.

One question...is it common for the spacers to be a bit loose after stem has been tightened down? No matter what I do the round ones shift a bit if I try to wiggle them.

Attachments

• PXL_20210719_190624462.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210719_190624462.PORTRAIT.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 164
  • PXL_20210719_190549960.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210719_190549960.PORTRAIT.jpg
    831.8 KB · Views: 169
  • PXL_20210719_190533975.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210719_190533975.PORTRAIT.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 148
Back