Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Actually, the paranoia is probably worse than the chance of theft since I rarely leave the bike out of sight. Two weeks ago, we went on a out-of-town trip with the bike on a hitch rack. That was when I felt most vulnerable and I did not have the device then. The bike was on the rack when we walked away twice to check out restaurants and I admit I was uncomfortable but did not have this device yet. But then again, the bike was still there. It is a Kuat rack and has a cable which did wrap the bike. But we know how durable cables are - NOT! Then closer to home we stopped at an art gallery and the bike was out on the street and boy, was I uncomfortable. So I added a chain and u-lock :eek:

The last bike I had stolen was when I was about 15 and it was in an apartment building basement in the Bronx! That was many, many years ago.
Curious as to the sensitivity once it’s attached to your bike, and how loud it is. I think alarms can be very effective against a casual thief especially if it’s been disguised well. Something like that perhaps can be hacked a bit to hide the components.

Has anyone had their Como charging brick fail? Mine seems to be busted. No green light when you plug it into the AC outlet and nothing happens when plugged into the battery. If I shake the brick enough the green light comes on for a few seconds then goes out. I think I dropped it one too many times. :(

Has anyone had their Como charging brick fail? Mine seems to be busted. No green light when you plug it into the AC outlet and nothing happens when plugged into the battery. If I shake the brick enough the green light comes on for a few seconds then goes out. I think I dropped it one too many times. :(
Is the plug from the wall socket side of the cable inserted firmly into the charger?

I have a spare charging brick. That’s the benefit of having you first Vado stolen:rolleyes:

open it up, you might be surprised by a really easy fix.

I have a spare charging brick. That’s the benefit of having you first Vado stolen:rolleyes:
I still cannot understand how things could be stolen in Sweden...
Oh wait. My car was robbed once in Gothenburg. I lost an expensive mobile phone then. (Sweden is not the country it used to be!)

Huh. Whaddya know. I called the local specialized store, e-mailed the picture and they talked to ABUS who sent a replacement, should be here any day now. 30 EUR instead of the 110+ EUR option of replacing the whole top battery reciever.

As soon as I have the new cylinder and card I'll order a cafe lock and chain with matching keys. My plan is to do café lock and chain in combination with a D-lock for longer stays.

I've also been looking at ABUS alarms, anyone with experience on those?

And there i got the reply from ABUS that the part no. Is 81686 to order a new cylinder through a ABUS retailer.

I left mine plugged in and when I woke up the Green light was on so I plugged in the battery and it charged! Amazing, but now I bought a new one and found a used one on eBay for $120. So with three chargers, I can place one in the front of the house, the garage, and one indoors. I'm all set to go.

I left mine plugged in and when I woke up the Green light was on so I plugged in the battery and it charged! Amazing, but now I bought a new one and found a used one on eBay for $120. So with three chargers, I can place one in the front of the house, the garage, and one indoors. I'm all set to go.
One of the benefits of buying three Bosch-powered ebikes is a trio of chargers. I have two of them I’ve not taken out of the box yet.😎👍

One of the benefits of buying three Bosch-powered ebikes is a trio of chargers. I have two of them I’ve not taken out of the box yet.😎👍
You might find it interesting chargers for Vado/Como (36 V) are not the same as ones for SL e-bikes (48 V).

Finally got my seat post and installed it over lunch. So far, it's pretty amazing. I'll see how it fairs on a longer ride tomorrow morning. Impressed by how much it absorbs.

Should get the Redshift Shockstop stem this week too. Pretty sure I'll need new spacers and a cap for that though. Wasn't thinking when I ordered it. Figure the LBS has some though.

KINEKT 2.1 XL2 ...on Como 4.0​

Attachments

• PXL_20210714_154629210.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20210714_154629210.PORTRAIT.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 146
  • PXL_20210714_154641287.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210714_154641287.MP.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 158
Finally got my seat post and installed it over lunch. So far, it's pretty amazing. I'll see how it fairs on a longer ride tomorrow morning. Impressed by how much it absorbs.

Should get the Redshift Shockstop stem this week too. Pretty sure I'll need new spacers and a cap for that though. Wasn't thinking when I ordered it. Figure the LBS has some though.

KINEKT 2.1 XL2 ...on Como 4.0​

Hopefully you got the july 15% off ? I think redshifts is just 10% Hope so

hmmm...didn't see anything about 15% off for the post. But I did get the Redshifts 10% off.
that blows but you have to email them to get it . want the code ? Maybe they will do something for you . The code changes each month . Redshift is open about their 10% Kinekt stays silent unless you ask . which kinda sucks IMO

that blows but you have to email them to get it . want the code ? Maybe they will do something for you . The code changes each month . Redshift is open about their 10% Kinekt stays silent unless you ask . which kinda sucks IMO
I'll give it a shot...it was through Amazon but I think it was through their Amazon "Store".

Anyone have an opinion on Pedals? Thinking either the Specialized Bennies or Crank Brothers Stamp 1. Feet slip off way too easy on the stock pedals on the Como.

Back