Specialized Turbo Vado/Como/Tero/Tero X User Club

Ordered 14 May, arrived 2 June, delivery taken 3 June. The Dove has alighted. Walked to my LBS in 90°F heat with helmet in hand. Giddiness / absentmindedness made me forget the needed pannier. LBS suggested a test drive. I rode home and picked up the pannier. Rode back to the LBS to collect the charger and paperwork. And a Z-cage. It was 100°F for the final ride home, but I took it to 27mph on the flat ... for the breeze. It’s only hot when you stop.
View attachment 54351
AWESOME---ENJOY---and what an AMAZING color!

Ordered 14 May, arrived 2 June, delivery taken 3 June. The Dove has alighted. Walked to my LBS in 90°F heat with helmet in hand. Giddiness / absentmindedness made me forget the needed pannier. LBS suggested a test drive. I rode home and picked up the pannier. Rode back to the LBS to collect the charger and paperwork. And a Z-cage. It was 100°F for the final ride home, but I took it to 27mph on the flat ... for the breeze. It’s only hot when you stop.
View attachment 54351
Many happy rides Phyz!

Do you think someone 5’8” who wanted a Como would be better off with the small or medium low entry frame?

Do you think someone 5’8” who wanted a Como would be better off with the small or medium low entry frame?
I would think that a medium would work. May depend more on how long your legs are since you are likely on the cusp of the two sizes.

You properly mention the Low-Entry version, as the Step Over Como is a very tall e-bike.

I'm 5'8" myself and I would chose the M size for sure.

I would think that a medium would work. May depend more on how long your legs are since you are likely on the cusp of the two sizes.
I have a small. A friend who rode mine is thinking of getting one. She thought my small was not too small but usually rides a bigger bike than I.

Can anyone tell me clearly if the Como 3.0 is a 28 mph class bike. I’ve seen several places that say that it is but Ive seen some things that say it is not. I can’t find a clear statement on the Specialized site, and Specialized takes a couple of days to get back to you. A friend wants to buy one but only if it is Class 3.

Can anyone tell me clearly if the Como 3.0 is a 28 mph class bike. I’ve seen several places that say that it is but Ive seen some things that say it is not. I can’t find a clear statement on the Specialized site, and Specialized takes a couple of days to get back to you. A friend wants to buy one but only if it is Class 3.

Your friend should be able to get all of the info s/he needs here in the review of the 3.0.

It is Class 1.

Class 1 20 mph assist, no throttle, can pedal beyond 20 mph w/o drag, just like any heavy bike. A crusier.

When I turn on my 2020 Como 4 the power level automatically goes to the middle one. Is this the same in all of these bikes? Can it be changed to manual/no assist?
Thanks, John

John , the default startup is level 2 "sport".You can not change that,but if you have mission control you can set level 2 to whatever you want like Stephan reversed his level 2 and level 3 boost values so it starts in "eco".settings .

The default assist mode here is Sport but the support levels have been swapped in Mission Control as Art says.

Screenshot_20200606_060625.jpg

The default assist mode here is Sport but the support levels have been swapped in Mission Control as Art says.

View attachment 54554

Great tip. I got on my bike and took off yesterday while forgetting to drop it to 1/Eco I was shocked at how fast I was moving and kept wondering what I ate that day that made me that much stronger. Then I lookeD down and saw that I was still in 2. ;(

Back