Specialized Turbo Creo 28mph Electric Road Bike

Care to share details of what that is?
Mission Control needs to be connected to the bike to access the tuning. I'll update this post when I get home.
Update:
Here's the settings. I hate the fact that Mission Control always revert to Custom 1 name even if I renamed it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201205-091009.jpg
    Screenshot_20201205-091009.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
So assuming you started with a full battery you used 84% of the battery and travelled 102 km's so you used 2.62 wh per km. You did that with 1,000 metres of elevation gain. I think that's pretty good and then I saw your power output was an average of 111 watts and you said you weigh 81 kg. Now I'm even more impressed because I figured you would be producing more like 2 watt/kg to get that kind of range with that distance and elevation gain.

I'm not an expert at these things but that sounds like great performance to me.

So assuming you started with a full battery you used 84% of the battery and travelled 102 km's so you used 2.62 wh per km. You did that with 1,000 metres of elevation gain. I think that's pretty good and then I saw your power output was an average of 111 watts and you said you weigh 81 kg. Now I'm even more impressed because I figured you would be producing more like 2 watt/kg to get that kind of range with that distance and elevation gain.

I'm not an expert at these things but that sounds like great performance to me.
The assumption is correct. Thank you so much for the analysis! Appreciate it.

My bike fell over and the deraileur hanger bent inward. Anybody know the part number for the for the Specialized Creo rear derailleur hanger. My mechanic said to order a few to have spares for next time it happens.

Last edited:
I'm just loving my Turbo Creo (set up like the Evo gravel bike). I'm riding 4 times a week and logging over >140 miles a week. I have the Strava app linked to Mission Control and the feedback of those applications is fantastic but honestly I haven't paid much attention to Strava. I decided to browse Strava this morning and discovered I had set a speed time record on a 5 mile segment of a 35 mile ride I do most days. As a 69 Y/O I like to ride fast (the Creo is like a good sports car) but this info was a surprise. It was a fast ride for me but I had no objective to go flat out during the ride. I admit to using Sport mode as I usually do but even at that, the 20 mph average was the best I've done.

Perhaps the best news from this new (C-19 inspired) activity is according to my OURA ring data, my resting (nighttime) heart rate average is 47 bmp those are pretty damn good numbers for an old guy who takes medicine for BP control. This bike is so much fun to ride it has become an essential part of my exercise routine and my favorite activity.

I'm just loving my Turbo Creo (set up like the Evo gravel bike). I'm riding 4 times a week and logging over >140 miles a week. I have the Strava app linked to Mission Control and the feedback of those applications is fantastic but honestly I haven't paid much attention to Strava. I decided to browse Strava this morning and discovered I had set a speed time record on a 5 mile segment of a 35 mile ride I do most days. As a 69 Y/O I like to ride fast (the Creo is like a good sports car) but this info was a surprise. It was a fast ride for me but I had no objective to go flat out during the ride. I admit to using Sport mode as I usually do but even at that, the 20 mph average was the best I've done.

Perhaps the best news from this new (C-19 inspired) activity is according to my OURA ring data, my resting (nighttime) heart rate average is 47 bmp those are pretty damn good numbers for an old guy who takes medicine for BP control. This bike is so much fun to ride it has become an essential part of my exercise routine and my favorite activity.
This 79 year old has to twholeheartedly agree. Had the Turbo Creo Evo a little over six months and put 2500 miles on it - about 50/50 eco and sport. No problems at all; just dropped it off for firmware update and can’t wait to get it back.

I have most records in my area since I set my rides to "eBike" instead of "ride" for the analog bike riders. What's interesting is that in my area, there are so many strong riders that they beat my eBike speeds. Crazy. Advisory: If you switch to eBike, most segments will disappear and will have to rebuild them for eBikes.

Last edited:
I have most records in my area since I set my rides to "eBike" instead of "ride" for the analog bike riders. What's interesting is that in my area, there are so many strong riders that they beat my eBike speeds. Crazy. Advisory: If you switch to eBike, most segments will disappear and will have to rebuild them for eBikes.
Mine is set to eBike probably because Strava was part of the initial Mission Control App install which of course is only available for the Specialized Turbo models.

Surprised these Creo bikes don't come with chains that have quicklinks. In case anyone wants to put in a quicklink for easier chain maintenance, went with SRAM version that they dub the "SRAM PowerLock" which is compatible with these Shimano chains per the Amazon reviews.

Surprised these Creo bikes don't come with chains that have quicklinks. In case anyone wants to put in a quicklink for easier chain maintenance, went with SRAM version that they dub the "SRAM PowerLock" which is compatible with these Shimano chains per the Amazon reviews.

You can do a quick search to confirm, but I don't think the SRAM PowerLock chain links are intended to be reusable. From what I've read, they only positively engage on initial installation and will deform if you try to reuse them providing the potential for failure when riding.

You can do a quick search to confirm, but I don't think the SRAM PowerLock chain links are intended to be reusable. From what I've read, they only positively engage on initial installation and will deform if you try to reuse them providing the potential for failure when riding.
Multiple reviews on amazon say they have had success reusing the SRAM PowerLocks. I don't think any manufacturer would put reusable in writing though, and would suggest one time use

Last edited:
The chain on my Creo EXP included a quicklink but not on my wife's Comp Carbon. With that said, I'm on the fence with respect to the re-use of these links as I've done so myself without experiencing any issues but I've also replaced a few on occasion when removing the chain for regular drivetrain maintenance. I purchase KMC missing links in bulk 6 packs in various configurations to save a bit on cost. Two of the packages also state that the links are reusable. To err on the side of caution, I always carry a spare inside my repair kit. The Connex links might be a product to consider if you are looking for a more permanent solution to reusable versions though at a cost. No special tools required.

https://www.connexchain.com/en/product/connex-link.html

TCU ISSUE: Hoping for comments/ suggestions. My 2021 Turbo Creo worked fine for 2.5 months. Then the TCU started acting funky. It will turn on but only stay lit for a few seconds, then go dark. The motor works fine and I can adjust assist levels using the handlebar remotes, but the assist level and the battery level do not show up on the TCU because it is dark, and keeps going dark in a few seconds after restarting it. The manual shows there is a coin cell battery in the TCU, but I wouldn’t expect it to be depleted in less than 3 months, and I don’t feel competent to take the TCU apart to replace the battery. Mission Control shows all software is current. I am a great distance from a dealer. Thank you for comments/suggestions.

Last edited:
TCU ISSUE: Hoping for comments/ suggestions. My 2021 Turbo Creo worked fine for 2.5 months. Then the TCU started acting funky. It will turn on but only stay lit for a few seconds, then go dark. The motor works fine and I can adjust assist levels using the handlebar remotes, but the assist level and the battery level do not show up on the TCU because it is dark, and keeps going dark in a few seconds after restarting it. The manual shows there is a coin cell battery in the TCU, but I wouldn’t expect it to be depleted in less than 3 months, and I don’t feel competent to take the TCU apart to replace the battery. Mission Control shows all software is current. I am a great distance from a dealer. Thank you for comments/suggestions.
It's a Torx T10 screw so you need that bit on your screwdriver or ratchet wrench. Remove screw, slide TCU forward as you gently lift up front end. It is very easy and there is enough wire play to pull it completely out of the top tube. The problem might be a loose wire on the TCU as the battery should last a couple of years.

It's a Torx T10 screw so you need that bit on your screwdriver or ratchet wrench. Remove screw, slide TCU forward as you gently lift up front end. It is very easy and there is enough wire play to pull it completely out of the top tube. The problem might be a loose wire on the TCU as the battery should last a couple of years.
Thanks much. Agree battery should last for years, which is my experience with coin cell batteries on my eTAP shifters. Hoping the problem is accidentally being in stealth mode. Otherwise will look for loose wire in TCU with your helpful advice.

Back